See you later Adios Amigos

zarbtron said:
well I was banned for a bit and now robder has - it was just an observational comment and a throwaway one - wasn't meant to mean you actually like banning gay people from the boards!

well then your choice of words 'they like banning gays' was an odd one.

you were not banned from this board for your lifestyle, religion, race, colour, age, sex, size, or having a beard, and neither has anyone else.

stephen said:
well then your choice of words 'they like banning gays' was an odd one.

you were not banned from this board for your lifestyle, religion, race, colour, age, sex, size, or having a beard, and neither has anyone else.

sorry for any confusion

chewie_oo7 said:
never trust a man (or woman for that matter) with a beard.

think of all the germs nesting in the bushes.

very unhygenic

1062_Bee-Beard_web_lrg.gif

utagaura said:
I'm certainly not one of the regular regulars on this forum. I have enjoyed coming here for a couple of years now and have found very many useful things from this forum.... and I, personally have never found anything or anyone to be insulting towards me... and have found many posts to be quite humourous! :)

Its clear that many people know each other in real life and I think thats great.

I do see how some things can be misinterepreted or how people may feel hurt or upset by some of the comments...but as others have said, this forum is extremely tame compared to other ones i've been on.

Someone made a comment about this being an "English' website .. ... I don't think of it that way, its an 'Ibiza' website...the point is we are all from many different places so we can't say that spotlight should have a certain type of humour and everyone who joins should learn to adapt to the humour of those who come on here th most often

It may be English speaking...but there are plenty of people who aren't English and I don't think there should be any expectation for anyone from anywhere to have to 'try to fit in to the humour of those who are well-established on this forum,

Much love,
utagaura :D

Well said 8)

chewie_oo7 said:
never trust a man (or woman for that matter) with a beard.

think of all the germs nesting in the bushes.

very unhygenic
Hmm... does that count for goatees as well? :confused:

To weigh in on earlier points, as someone who's taken a lot of crap on here, I think people do have to remember that this is not a British forum. It's an Ibiza forum, in English.

There's a lot of people, even those of us with (ostensibly) the same native tongue, that don't always get the British sense of humor. What might seem tame to you could seem offensive to us.

Like I said before, if you're on here long enough and you're tolerant than you learn to deal with it and even participate. There's a few non-Brits I know of that just gave up and don't come back often.

Again, as I said earlier, you have to have a bit of respect.

I don't think it matters if people have seen other message boards that have tons more vitriol. I'm sure there're other sites that are big lovefests. What matters is how people (especially the operators) want this place to be.

Morbyd said:
Hmm... does that count for goatees as well? :confused:

To weigh in on earlier points, as someone who's taken a lot of crap on here, I think people do have to remember that this is not a British forum. It's an Ibiza forum, in English.

There's a lot of people, even those of us with (ostensibly) the same native tongue, that don't always get the British sense of humor. What might seem tame to you could seem offensive to us.

Like I said before, if you're on here long enough and you're tolerant than you learn to deal with it and even participate. There's a few non-Brits I know of that just gave up and don't come back often.

Again, as I said earlier, you have to have a bit of respect.

I don't think it matters if people have seen other message boards that have tons more vitriol. I'm sure there're other sites that are big lovefests. What matters is how people (especially the operators) want this place to be.

I'm starting to feel like I'm in school assembly.

It's meant to be fun!!

Holly G said:

It's meant to be fun!!

What's school assembly :eek:

I started at school when Franco died, so our schools weren't too democratic at that time

silvia said:
What's school assembly :eek:

I started at school when Franco died, so our schools weren't too democratic at that time

I meant when the pupils gather in the hall and get lectured by the headteacher on how to behave. :lol:

Holly G said:

It's meant to be fun!!
I don't believe you can't have fun without slagging people! If that's true, god help us! :lol:

There was a lot of great banter yesterday and I doubt there's a soul on here who got offended!

Morbyd said:
I don't believe you can't have fun without slagging people! If that's true, god help us! :lol:

There was a lot of great banter yesterday and I doubt there's a soul on here who got offended!

i was offended by the how nice everyone was being.

Morbyd said:

I don't think I do slag people. Actually I have been known to insult Drew, but he deserves it. :lol:

grego said:
i was offended by the how nice everyone was being.
Ah, that's just because you're a scouser :lol: ;)

(note the smiley faces, thus indicating that this is all in good jest :lol: )

Back