- San Jose gets tough on illegal activities -

Why are they cracking down in September BTW when Beachouse actually has less parties now than in July/August?

In peak time months they had Rumors, Diynamic AND Outside go on. I always naively thought that in September they cared less about the rules? Nothing to do with Beachouse now being (virtually) in front of the re-furbished Matutes owned Palladium White Island Hotel? ;)

FFS... really fancied Rumors closing again this year.

No good if they relocate it outside of Playa d'En Bossa though. Attendance hinges on me being able to squeeze in a disco nap pre-Space Closing!

FFS... really fancied Rumors closing again this year.

No good if they relocate it outside of Playa d'En Bossa though. Attendance hinges on me being able to squeeze in a disco nap pre-Space Closing!

HaHa! Yeah, was on my list too!

How was Rumors at Cipriani's anyhow? Anyone go?

Why are they cracking down in September
you forget that since last may there's a brand new team in SJ's council (PSOE instead of PP)... they needed time to check how the situation really was and which were the priorities (water being the #1 problem) so for them this summer has been a bit of a transition!

in the case of the chiringuitos working as clubs, if you read the comments on the articles from the local newspapers that we link here you'll see that people is glad they're finally doing something about it...

I like the term the leisure Association of Ibiza and nightclub Association :) When did they join forces ? I missed that one.

Seems like business as usual in Ibiza again. Let's all chant and replace te word jazz.

you forget that since last may there's a brand new team in SJ's council (PSOE instead of PP)... they needed time to check how the situation really was and which were the priorities (water being the #1 problem) so for them this summer has been a bit of a transition!

in the case of the chiringuitos working as clubs, if you read the comments on the articles from the local newspapers that we link here you'll see that people is glad they're finally doing something about it...

why?

So where does this leave things do you think McRackin? Easily fixable, just a minor hiccup with new local gov letting people know they are there or something more sinister?

Same as 2008-2009 ?

we'll see.

let's be honest (and namaste has said this earlier) - lots of places (beach clubs) have seriously overdone it in the last few years, no wonder there are a lot of people who want to clamp down on this. I'm not surprised at all and you could see it coming a long way.

So where does this leave things do you think McRackin? Easily fixable, just a minor hiccup with new local gov letting people know they are there or something more sinister?
Easily fixable, as posted by namaste:

talk to the municipal, apply for an licence, stick to the law and don't overdo it.

The problem is that some of them will try to continue operating on the illegal side of things...

Back