- San Jose gets tough on illegal activities -

"San Jose gets tough on illegal activities" ?
... obviously NOT

The massive influx of tourists to the beaches and coves most renowned of the island has stoked the presence of hawkers who trade illegally with all kinds of products; from foods such as fruit and sandwiches, a drink or fashion and other beach items.

The southern coast of Sant Josep is one of the preferred vendors for these groups of spaces, which since last May operate in areas such as Platja d'en Bossa or Ses Salines with remarkable assiduity, to the despair of shops and establishments regulated the beachfront.

In the most famous coast of Natural Park of Ses Salines irregular merchants, many of whom belong to or are captive-as in the world of organized groups prostitution- who owe allegiance multiply. Other many see selling snacks or fashion accessories and a job opportunity or the only way to bring home income. Specifically, for undocumented immigrants it is their only livelihood. Either that or work in black for third parties.

However, this type of hawking does not offer any guarantee on its products; They not exceed controls food grade or pay taxes for their activity, so incur a grievance with respect to other businessmen and merchants and are persecuted, not always successfully, by the municipalities of the island through its police in coordination with the Civil guard.

This year, especially, ses Salines traders report that so far this season have not yet produced raids or raids against street hawking. In one of the affected businesses are demanding greater police presence: "Police has not come throughout the summer. Amok [street vendors] and not a day has come for them. Many Africans and South Americans are on the beach bothering tourists, and police not coming ", criticizes the shopkeeper of this business, who blamed the lack of security altercation last summer that led to the resignation of police chief Sant Josep to liberate a detainee when, allegedly, was intimidated by thirty vendors.
"It was the first beach kiosk talking to the mayor and told them that this year do not do anything [the vendors]," he notes about the seller.

Meanwhile, from 11 am begins the bustle in ses Salines, with many groups of street vendors carrying hats, sunglasses, pareos, refrigerators with beverage cans, trays with fruit salad, including dresses, bikinis and other ons that provide holidaymakers at prices lower than in stores. "Now come cargadísimos, as they know that nobody does not control them ..." incident from the nearby shops.

unfair competition

Although traders consulted emphasize the friendly and cheerful treatment of some, especially "African" street vendors, they remember that they are exercising unfair competition. "This clearly affects me and the state, because I pay a tax and they do not and they can sell cheaper. We deal with them and are friendly, but the clear sales have fallen because every day there are more, 'says the saleswoman.
The president of the Association of ses Salines, Alberto Ribas, confirmed that there is "great concern" among associated with the "increase" in illegal activity compared to other years. "The situation is pretty bad because they remove many customers from our business," he said.

Finally, staff of one of the known beach bars of Ses Salines denounced the no police presence in the area. "Then they want to Lengthen the season, but there is no security, no lifeguards ... This is the beach without law." They are lamenting that "more and more vendors" with health risks-the sale of food- and "unfair competition" posed about their business: "We have the Cokes to 3.50 or 4 euros and they they sell 1 or 2 euros. Sold to sandwiches with mayonnaise; the day they are loaded one, and see what happens. "

http://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusas.../venta-ambulante-descontrola-ses-salines.html

Yo man 3.50-4 Euros for a Coke? No wonder the illegal sellers are popular. Still unfair with the tax

We spent a few hours at Salinas last summer and were absolutely tortured by these traders. Worst Ive ever experienced it on the island. I wont be back to Salinas as a result.

like the lookylooky who wears 1.000.000 hats on top of each other all the time :cool: :twisted:

I always wonder do people who buy his hats not realize that the lookylooky will have sweated into each and every one of them by the time you buy them? :)

Ha...I think worse than the sweaty hat balancing man are the people selling the drinks etc who shout out the list of refreshments they have in stock every 20 seconds; Pineapple, melon, coconut, Fanta, Coca Cola - Back and forward across the beach in teams all day long. At least if you're horizontal with your eyes shut, the other guys leave you in peace.

20 complaints in one day by hawking on the beach of ses Salines

The Civil Guard and the Local Police of Sant Josep yesterday conducted a raid on the beach of ses Salines to combat illegal hawking.
The device was started at 17:45 and ended at 20:30, resulting in 20 complaints for violation of the bylaw, which expressly prohibits peddling.
In addition, during the course of device 27 others were identified.

During the police operation a large amount of clothing,:eek: hats, bags, sunglasses and bracelets, among other objects were also seized.
Much of the genre had been hidden by sellers between the dunes under the footbridges to the beach.

Yesterday is one of several actions that are running this summer coordinated between the Civil Guard and the local police in Sant Josep.

Also recently it carried out a set of device monitoring and control to prevent theft in isolated houses, during which several people were identified.

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2016/06/18/20-denuncias-dia-venta-ambulante/849349.html

in 10 years coming to ibiza I've never seen a crackdown on daytime partying like this. I mean c'mon, a mere 5 parties in a season? that's just ridiculous. what a shame. and lips hardly 'overdid it' last season like amnesia or beachhouse :/

in 10 years coming to ibiza I've never seen a crackdown on daytime partying like this. I mean c'mon, a mere 5 parties in a season? that's just ridiculous. what a shame. and lips hardly 'overdid it' last season like amnesia or beachhouse :/

I'm a broken record at this point. I get that there are laws and all that, but it's ridiculous that you can't throw a party on the beach in Ibiza. We're talking 5 parties here. There has to be some sort of middle ground.

We spent a few hours at Salinas last summer and were absolutely tortured by these traders. Worst Ive ever experienced it on the island. I wont be back to Salinas as a result.

Indeed last year was the worst ever... And 2 or 3 years ago there was a fight between a security guard and a looky looky guy... A few seconds later there were many more looky looky guys... Some customers of the well kown beach-bar/restaurant had to help to stop the fight...

They are really annoying trying to sell you all their stuff every 30 seconds... I hope it will get better this year after a few police raids, but they are so well organized that I suppose it will not stop them at the end...

what about "keep on dancing" at lips or michel cleis at santos? they can't be going ahead while tini's parties were forbidden, can they? :/

what about "keep on dancing" at lips or michel cleis at santos? they can't be going ahead while tini's parties were forbidden, can they? :/

keep on dancing hasn't got any dates announced at lips anymore. they're doing heart next week. not sure about santos.

Back