San Antonio, what can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My personal favourite sentence.

Hotels will no longer be allowed to hire out rooms by the hour to discourage people from simply buying a return air ticket for a weekend and coming to the Balearics for a massive party with no interest at all in the islands or intention of exploring their destination.

Because rooms hired out by the hour are only done so for weekend trips, nothing else at all.

anyway, good luck to the authorities enforcing this and making it work. If it does, good luck recovering the economy.

Today's DDI includes the map with affected area. The online version of it is incomplete but you get an idea...

View attachment 8229

Looks like Picis Parc is just outside the zone! Not sure why the area near the sunset strip is excluded either, is it polticial boundaries? Surely someone would just set up a 24 hour convenience store right on the boundary!

Also BBC News have picked up the story and say it also includes Party Boats being banned, be interesting to see what they classify a Pukka Up boat as. Of course people drink but it's not an all inclusive drinking boat.

No one will even notice to be honest..or care. They'll already be pissed... You can't by alcohol here in Ireland after 10pm in supermarkets or off license or before 10:30am Mon-Sat morning s and not until after 12:30 on Holy Sundays . No drunks over here

Last edited:
Not true...

"No more party boat licenses are going to be approved, that is in fact and island-wide directive, and those which do hold permits will have to make sure that they fully comply with all the requisites ahead of the start of the season".

( source )

That's fair enough then, there's probably the right level of boat parties anyway, they don't need or have the demand for more

destacado.png

:rolleyes:

It looks like the west end is on it’s way out more than ever. I hope people just go elsewhere and it becomes a ghost town in a few years like faliraki did. I’d rather see it like that than the Matutes version.

I will happily walk an extra couple of minutes to go to shop if i need to, or just buy it when i'm out anyway during the day. Soler next to pikey park is outside of the zone, looks like it just covers wips a the border is on the street corner it's on. The cheap shop i go to on the way to the sunset strip is on the other side of the border right on the edge?

Sorry can anyone briefly summarise the above article? I’m on a really restricted and limited WiFi service ?

Or is there an easy hack to translate? My Spanish isn’t quite up to this standard just yet.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry can anyone briefly summarise the above article? I’m on a really restricted and limited WiFi service ?

Or is there an easy hack to translate? My Spanish isn’t quite up to this standard just yet.

Thanks in advance.

They are applying to renovate the old town in San An, so mainly new pavements, lighting, improving frontages of buildings etc

Actually a decent proposal for once. San An has a lot of unloved and nondescript streets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back