San Antonio, what can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

81450796_2963921530287572_7182234399033786368_o.jpg

as to the thread title, I've absolutely heard the same about other areas as well. My best guess not having gone in person would be tourism is to blame.

Let's see what Pepe Rosello has to say about it...

CONFIRMED :!: :!:

Are they literally just restricting sales in the "West End" ie. the same zone as affected by the bar finish times? If yes, that's about 2, maybe 3 at a push, convenient stores... when there are half a dozen others within 2 minutes walk

So people in that are will have to go to the shop earlier and end up starting their pre drinks earlier than planned, therefore becoming more drunk??
In the UK, in my experience, relaxing licensing laws has had a massive positive impact. What is being proposed and what we have seen happening in parts of ibiza for some time with the restrictions is the complete opposite to the UK. It will be interesting to see if it leads to more drunks and trouble earlier and congregations of drunk people all mixing together at the same kick out times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they literally just restricting sales in the "West End"
Taken from DDI:

el alcalde de Sant Antoni, Marcos Serra, ha lamentado esta mañana que la conselleria no le haya enviado el texto definitivamente aprobado por el Consell de Govern, a pesar de que el Ayuntamiento efectuó propuestas concretas, como una zonificación cuyo ámbito supera el inicialmente propuesto por Turismo. El alcalde tampoco ha podido ver la zonificación definitivamente aprobada.

resume: not the even the major has an answer to that question!!!

Are they literally just restricting sales in the "West End" ie. the same zone as affected by the bar finish times? If yes, that's about 2, maybe 3 at a push, convenient stores ... when there are half a dozen others within 2 minutes walk

Completely pointless isn't it. As you say almost all the shops are outside the Westend as they get their trade from people popping out of the hotel for supplies or walking to and from the West End.

particularly enjoyed this sentence ...

Thus, there are restaurants and hotels, known to all, that have evolved with the largest of the scumbags to beach clubs and day clubs pure and hard.

Pointing fingers at a certain Mr Lineker per chance?

As for the 'Balconing' bit... personally i think punishment should be a complimentary ride on the bungey ball... sans harnesses

• Haha
Reactions: Liv
not the even the major has an answer to that question!!!
Update: Today is San Antonio day and the local tv TEF is broadcasting live from the port right now. They just interviewed the major and he said he received it in paper at last. As he proposed, the affected area won't be only the West End but also the rest of the town!

particularly enjoyed this sentence ...

Thus, there are restaurants and hotels, known to all, that have evolved with the largest of the scumbags to beach clubs and day clubs pure and hard.

Pointing fingers at a certain Mr Lineker per chance?

As for the 'Balconing' bit... personally i think punishment should be a complimentary ride on the bungey ball... sans harnesses

Unfair criticism at O Beach in my opinion. I understand many people hate the Vegas style 'VIP' culture it has brought...but it is a well run venue.

They spend a lot annual on improvements and maintenance, I've only been in twice but both times it had a lot of security on and I saw no trouble. San An has many dodgier establishments!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back