San Antonio, what can be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: The sound of the silence ! at least No issue parking in san An/Westend this summer :cool:

Parking ?

Do they want money at salinas or cavallet under the week ?
Normally the payed parking stops short after closings. Middle / beginning of october it was free. Weekend is a little more busy because the locals

Parking ?

Do they want money at salinas or cavallet under the week ?
Normally the payed parking stops short after closings. Middle / beginning of october it was free. Weekend is a little more busy because the locals
The thing i like in San an is, no paying parking except along San an harbor (rita's cantina )
More free place in dusty Mambo cafe P, i guess its not legal to make pay people 5€ to park there (dusty park always used to be free, i dont reminds which year Mambo, decided it s their parking)
i just realise there was a free parking close to bus station at beginning of san an , following the answer of a hotel, saying where to park my car:close to Bus station parking and Mambo parking (quiet far by feet)

All people (except best Uk mate, owing him 2 fancy lunch) i ll bring from san an will pay 5€ fee (good deal with free drink and home made hierbas), it will pay the 6€ Salinas parking (a part of my lunch ? ) or free for them to pay 2x3€ taking 2bus and spending 2 hours to get there ?

The thing i like in San an is, no paying parking except along San an harbor (rita's cantina )
More free place in dusty Mambo cafe P, i guess its not legal to make pay people 5€ to park there (dusty park always used to be free, i dont reminds which year Mambo, decided it s their parking)
i just realise there was a free parking close to bus station at beginning of san an , following the answer of a hotel, saying where to park my car:close to Bus station parking and Mambo parking (quiet far by feet)

All people (except best Uk mate, owing him 2 fancy lunch) i ll bring from san an will pay 5€ fee (good deal with free drink and home made hierbas), it will pay the 6€ Salinas parking (a part of my lunch ? ) or free for them to pay 2x3€ taking 2bus and spending 2 hours to get there ?

Yeah , the parking. We discussed it here , already. At the harbour area you might be lucky. They should make a big , not so expensive , parking and remove all cars.
Similar to ibiza town , around montesol/ harbour. Parking possible opposite the ferry ( expensive ! ) or Ikea ( no money , 15 min walk ). Its ok for me.

Gp : The controls are necessary . They have
big probs with drunken /drugged drivers.
At accidents there are 2 parties . I dont want to be injured by a drunken idiot

the tourism counselor from the balearic government has been pretty clear: there's no turning back because the "excess tourism" isn't wanted on the islands, especially in pandemic moments like this. he also called irresponsible to the mayor for defending the west end and he assured that amnesia not only will be fined but it also has been reported to the ITSS (inspectorate of work and social security):

I agree with Negueruela but what it means in practice is another matter...

2020 is unusual in that 2 issues (the social aspect of drunken tourism and the pandemic) have got entangled and complicated tourism strategy

Joe Spoons posted they are closing for good too

I think they should put a plaque up commemorating when our mate Tommy was gone from the table for no more than 5 mins, and came back shoeless, barechested and walletless. On return home his bank statement, showed he'd used his card in a strip/clip joint and paid 400 euros and then his card has been used to take out 400 euros in cash. All in the space of 5mins.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back