San Antonio gets Tough

Robo

taken from the ibiza spotlight news page

The new governing body of San Antonio is getting tough on security and the problems which affect a small area of the borough.

Joan Pantaleoni, the councillor in charge of civic security has announced his intention to ban pub-crawls, organised trips of large groups of young British people drinking to excess, next season.

He will be having talks with the owners of the bars concerned to make his point clear and he should know what he is talking about, as he owns some of the bars which have previously welcomed such alcoholic excursions.

Also on his agenda are the closing times of the big discos on the main road to Ibiza which will be made to comply with a 7 am closing time, and the installation of CCTV cameras at various points to help control the problems of drug dealing and public order.

great news - don't suppose you know if Piedra ever reopened? I shall want a decent meal in a couple of weeks.

hmm falaraki springs to mind...the west end would be fine if all the secterian beer boys f***ed off

Not sure if I think this is a good idea on the whole. Dya know when a final decision on this will be made?

Robo said:
Also on his agenda are the closing times of the big discos on the main road to Ibiza which will be made to comply with a 7 am closing time

wrong!! :eek:

published on august 26th in diario de ibiza:

pantaleoni hopes that next year it will be possible to control the closing times, including the big discos. these should close at 6am although the teniente de alcalde says they got them to close at 7am this year.

PISSES ME OFF! Yeh. I know some of u are gonna come out with 'whats the point of staying open that late'. Which I think is a complete joke, -I like to stay out as long as poss. If the clubs are gonna have shorter opening times they should at LEAST reflect this on the price! upto 50euros for 6hrs of club time is taking 'extortionate' :evil: to a whole new level!

Sorry if im ranting but thats my opinion. Anyone else feel the same on this :?:

cheers mate.

I know Ibiza is supposed to be 'repositioning itself' (all about marketing now!) as a more expensive resort as to discourage the beer boy crowd. But I mean it seems to me like its a complete money grabbin fiasco! YES- it is business but don't overprice the market and forget the hoardes of clubbers that,

1) Boost the economy
2) Made certain promoters all that much richer

it needs to get rid of the beer boys..they just cause trouble and bring down the image of the normal brit abroad...now i go west end for the cheap beer but when you get beer boys fighting and causing grief we all get looked upon as trouble makers...as for club prices they will always be expensive as long as you get the "preety people" who dont have an aissuse spending €10 for a drink and €50 door tax...they want to line there pockets and will allways do so as long as people go there and that will be for a long long while

nish said:
I know Ibiza is supposed to be 'repositioning itself' (all about marketing now!) as a more expensive resort as to discourage the beer boy crowd

what is for sure is that there is interest in a transformation of san antonio - including better bars in the west end. have you been in plastik (previously known as plastic fantastic) or in the recently opened lola (in front of la noche)? both are really cool!! :p

did you know that the san antonio mayor (josé sala) showed his interest in creating a new paseo marítimo in ses variades - between mambo / rey de copas and coastline cafe / sunsea bar? :rolleyes:

McRackin said:
did you know that the san antonio mayor (josé sala) showed his interest in creating a new paseo marítimo in ses variades - between mambo / rey de copas and coastline cafe / sunsea bar? :rolleyes:

didn't some people protest was it the residentials or the bar owners? or who? is that why it hasn't happened yet?

it hasnt happened yet because that area is protected. the new mayor wants to change that and make it a buildable land!! :eek:

closing times....

the later the clubs are allowed to open - the more time people have to disperse = no great numbers leaving a club at the same time = even less chance of trouble etc

cleaning up the west end...

good news. the whole 18-30 & similar culture of trawling around the west end lowlights should be left to the crappy resorts which need that side of the scene as business - ibizas clubs, beaches, eateries, bar and general feelign should attract enough "good business" to maintain the island.

deserted land between Mambo & Coastline...

hopefully they wont build there - surely San Antonio needs more beaches - make this a white sand beach and it would increase the beauty of the area more than another group of concrete buildings.

nish said:
PISSES ME OFF! Yeh. I know some of u are gonna come out with 'whats the point of staying open that late'. Which I think is a complete joke, -I like to stay out as long as poss. If the clubs are gonna have shorter opening times they should at LEAST reflect this on the price! upto 50euros for 6hrs of club time is taking 'extortionate' :evil: to a whole new level!

Sorry if im ranting but thats my opinion. Anyone else feel the same on this :?:

yes matey

this is what i am talking about:

12.jpg

Back