San Antonio gets Tough

vienna said:
if he will close amnesia,...then he will loose his political position...he will never do that!
that doesnt make sense. think about it: if they had the guts to do that they would gain the respect of lots of people!! :idea:

and the last elections in san antonio were the 25th of may of 2003 so the next ones will be in 2007..........

better explained..........

McRackin said:
according to d.d.i. they are still negotiating (matutes + town hall + gobern balear) but seems like the new port will be built next
to the old one and will not spoil ses variades..........

New Marina for Sant Antoni Latest.
Even though no official plans have yet been presented the project to build a new marina in Sant Antoni is seemingly been
discussed behind the scenes by the Mayor of Sant Antoni & the promoters of the project. It appears that the project is on
track but has been changed to stop the proposed marina from destroying the sunset in front of the bars on the Ses Variades
sunset strip which attracts up to 3.000 visitors daily in summer. It appears that instead of being built on the coast in front
of the Ses Variades area of the town, the marina will now be built as an extension of the present port area just by the existing
sea wall. It seems that the luxury apartments & commercial premises planned to go with the marina will still be built on the
Ses Variades site a little further along the coast & not directly connected to the marina.
The Mayor of Sant Antoni reportedly said that this new plan was better & he could supposedly see no reason why it would
not be approved once the promoters finally presented all the paper work.
Interestingly, the Town Council of Sant Antoni used a 10 minute DVD of the famous Ses Variades Sunset to promote a different
image of the town at the FITUR tourist trade fair in Madrid which starts this week. All the promotional posters for the town
also show the sunset as the main image.

(the ibiza sun)

McRackin said:
every year the council announces its priority for the next summer (in the past: illegal selling, etc). joan pantaleoni already
announced the 2 priorities for summer 2005:

Club Closings Crackdown
San Antonio's security boss Joan Pantaleoni has promised that this year the four big discos in the town will be obliged to
comply with municipal ordinances and close at the proper time. Official closing time for the clubs, Eden, Es Paradis, Amnesia
and Privilege has been six in the morning for some while now but the police have never had the administrative or manpower
resources to enforce this.

Now, with new systems in place the police reckon they will be able to act on the hundreds of 'denouncements' they receive
daily as the clubs spill people out onto the streets. The main complaints being about noise and the traffic problems caused
on the main road to Ibiza in the already busy rush hour, when it can take up to an hour for commuters just to travel past the
two big clubs on the road.

Also promised for this year are more stringent measures to reduce noise from music in bars by using noise limiters and the
possibility of using the old town hall as a new joint HQ for the Local Police and Guardia Civil.

(ibiza spotlight)

I was watching a prog on Sky travel today called "rough guide to the islands" presented by Magenta devine... some of the older spotlighters will remember the series. I'm not sure of the year but caught the last part of the roman numerals on the credits .....XCII my guess is either 87 or 92. Anyway it took you around Majorca and Ibiza... come to think of it it must have been 87 as the Ku club was featured. Back to the point, there was a new chief of police talking to camera and he said that he was going to clean up the image of San An, lager louts would not be welcome, drug dealers would go down on their first offence and noise polution would be reduced..... sound familiar ?

good news for my friend, whos the owner of el yate directly at the mola...do you know the bar?...its closed since years,...but then he will be in the middle of the yachtclub...btw: a little bird told me, that pepe from es paradis wants to buy the bar and do something.......

McRackin said:
Bars With Public Terraces To Get Rebate If They Open All Year.
again:

Sant Antoni Confirms That It Will Financially Penalise Bars Along The Fountains Promenade Which Do Not Stay Open In Winter.
Last week the Town Hall in Sant Antoni confirmed that they are going ahead with new bye-laws, which will mean that bars along the fountain promenade will have an incentive to stay open in winter. Most of these bars use areas of the public promenade as terraces & will have to pay more to rent this space if they don't stay open in the off season. The Town Hall announced that the terraces occupying public spaces on the fountains promenade will have to pay 140€ per metre but this will be reduced depending on how long they stay open throughout the year. It is presumed that if these bars stay open all year then they will end up paying the same as other businesses with terraces in publicly owned spaces in other parts of the town, which are classified as "frontline". These will pay 49.35€ per metre whilst those terraces in other, less commercial areas of the town will only pay 39€ per metre.

(the ibiza sun)

Ses Variades Plan Presented.
It seems that after much talking & negotiation with the property developers & the opposition politicians on the council, the PP Conservative Mayor of Sant Antoni, Jose Sala, was last week pleased to announce the plan for the future development of the Ses Variades area of the town. This last remaining 9.39 hectares of undeveloped land in the heart of down town Sant Antoni bordering on the coast where the world famous Sant Antoni sunset occurs 365 days of the year, is to be developed into a residential zone. Once completed the development will contain 469 homes for more than 1500 persons distributed in blocks of apartments of 4 & 3 storeys high. There will be a huge public road & promenade, wider than the Vara del Rey in Ibiza Town but of a similar design, passing through the development down to the coast. Along the sea front the promoters will refrain from building on the 100metre area, which is controlled by the coastal authorities & which is a public right of way. They will also leave another, additional 50 metre strip along the coast free from construction. The project envisages another 2500m2 of land being given to the council for public uses in a plot adjacent to the Cervantes School, which has already been built on land which once belonged to the property developer.
The plan is also linked to the building of a marina by the sea wall in the port of Sant Antoni nearly underneath what are the Acapulco apartments. The developers of the Ses Variades project have apparently agreed to tender to build the new marina & will put a money guarantee behind their offer as a show of good faith. This appears to be a way of stopping possible criticism against the development of the Ses Variades area by the property company before the marina is built. Initially the property company, owning Ses Variades, suggested building the marina as a continuation of the apartment project in front of the Ses Variades area. It appears that it was this that seemed to swing the Council in favour of allowing building on Ses Variades because the Council wanted a new marina for the town. With the Town Council later apparently realising that the planned marina would destroy the sunset in this area, they moved the possible construction site to in front of the present sea wall. They have now supposedly tied the building development of Ses Variades to a firm tender by the promoter to build the marina in this new location.

(the ibiza sun)

McRackin said:
Club Closings Crackdown
San Antonio's security boss Joan Pantaleoni has promised that this year the four big discos in the town will be obliged to
comply with municipal ordinances and close at the proper time. Official closing time for the clubs, Eden, Es Paradis, Amnesia
and Privilege has been six in the morning for some while now but the police have never had the administrative or manpower
resources to enforce this.

Now, with new systems in place the police reckon they will be able to act on the hundreds of 'denouncements' they receive
daily as the clubs spill people out onto the streets. The main complaints being about noise and the traffic problems caused
on the main road to Ibiza in the already busy rush hour, when it can take up to an hour for commuters just to travel past the
two big clubs on the road.

Also promised for this year are more stringent measures to reduce noise from music in bars by using noise limiters and the
possibility of using the old town hall as a new joint HQ for the Local Police and Guardia Civil.

(ibiza spotlight)
and here we go again:

Discos To Close at 6am.
The Town Hall in Sant Antoni told a meeting of the local security committee that for the sake of road safety they were going to make the big discos on the Sant Antoni to Ibiza road finally close at 6am as the law says they should. The Town Council have changed certain by laws & practices so that if the discos continue to break the law by not closing on time then, the Town Hall will be able to close the disco in question straightaway for up to several days instead of fining them an insignificant fine as they have in the past. The closing of the discos quickly in this way in the height of summer can apparently be justified as being carried out to stop the continued breaking of the law, which will be the case if the discos do not close at 6 as they should.
Also to improve road safety in the Sant Rafael area all cars parking on the verge will be towed away this summer & new road safety signs will be put in place to stop drivers breaking the law by doing such manoeuvres as U turns. The traffic lights will also be working this coming summer to slow the traffic down near where the 2 big discos are located.
This new way of punishing the discos for supposedly continually breaking the law over closing hours can & will also be applied to other businesses if they break some law continuously or disobey some council order.

(the ibiza sun)

Sant Antoni Puts Ban On New Music Pubs.
For the time being until the Town Hall passes their new planning laws for the borough, Sant Antoni Town Council has put a ban on opening or building of "Café Concierto" or "Café Cantante" pubs or bars in the town. These are the official names of the licenses given to most pubs & clubs in the town which have music as their main activity & have such things as DJ's, karaoke or live music & stay open until 6am in the morning.

(the ibiza sun)

update :!:

McRackin said:
more changes planned for san antonio:

in an interview published yesterday on diario de ibiza the san antonio mayor (josé sala) said
that they are interested again in the old project of creating a new promenade to connect the
town (from caló des moro i suppose) to cala gració!! :eek:
Mayor Pushes For Promenade Extension.
Local media reported that the Mayor of Sant Antoni, Pepe Sala, was still trying to get the sea front promenade extended from the port area all the way round to Cala Gracio in front of the sunset strip in the town. It appears that Sala is stepping up the pressure after the Madrid Government recently announced that they would not be financing building any more cement made promenades around Spain's coast. Sala claims that the promenade for Sant Antoni was already agreed before these recent declarations & shouldn't be affected by this new policy from Madrid. However, he did go on to say he would negotiate changes in the original plans if needs be.

(the ibiza sun)

they have been learning how to use the system during the last 2 months and it will start working on may 1st :!:

McRackin said:
For the moment the Town Hall have 1400.000€ to carry out similar changes to the Ample Street in the town leading up to the church. This work is expected to start in November.
and it was expected to be finished by may 15th!! :idea:

may 18th (yesterday) and this is how it looks like:

2005-05-26_IMG_2005-05-19_00:29:43_0102.jpg

2005-05-26_IMG_2005-05-19_00.25.02__55-DIB-19052005.JPG

yes, the tourists are here already and its not finished. ridiculous!! :x

they will be working on it till june 15th to be able to open the street again and, as they know it wont be completely finished by then, they have already announced that the works will continue when the summer finishes..........

paleta.gif
me_ar_02.gif
x_feina.gif
me_ar_12.gif
<--- come ooooon!! :lol:

Hmm... I think I'm gonna head fr Ibiza Town instead. Im not a trouble maker but i resent being categorised amongst them because of my British passport. Ibiza Town looks like a more eclectic place anyway :)

thats what it says in my signature... no louts about when i was there (closing party time). Just extremely friendly and helpful people. Most intimidating thing was one of the Delboy's trying to persuade me to sell him my brand new K700i phone for 50E

I didn't think it was a beautiful place. It was a fun place and I had a great time!

But I find the police intimidating on holiday, this sounds like they are really cracking down. Im goin in August so the place will be full of knobends (outnumbered by good people but theres still obviously gonna be that element there).

Back