sad news: david guetta ...

lol, your right.

All I'm saying is, WHY do you think David Guetta is ****? Like, to me, alot of his music IS ****. Some is ok. But, I think even his worst stuff is better than Richie Hawtins BEST stuff.

I think David Guetta is sh** because his music has no soul, it sounds very similar and it makes me feel bored. I loved the Kelly Rowland track as a pop song, to listen to at work on the radio, in the car its great to sing a long to.. I wouldn't appreciate it in a club. The love is gone etc would make me stop dancing ..why? Because I don't like it, I think it's sh** soulless and has no depth. Richie Hawtins music is not easy listening, it's a very specific genre and I have said before you can't suddenly like it if my mother heard it she probably wouldn't know it was music thats because she doesn't feel anything from it, personally I have to feel something deep from music to love it...

Yes - can safely say I was horrified when I walked onto the Space terrace a few years ago and heard that "now that the love is goooone" track with loads of San An types singing along. :eek: :lol:

I could well have been singing along to that in Space a couple of years ago. I hope they don't revoke my cool licence at the door this year.

Awwwww are you upset because you pay so much money to listen to music so bad you need drugs to enjoy it, whilst I can enjoy everything I play right here, for next to no charge and not need brain stimulants to enjoy it? Come on man. Everyone can say what they want, all I'm saying is tell us what makes you say that. Tell us why you don't like the songs. What elements appeal and disappeal to you musically. If you're just going to say "Its main stream chav bull****" then, your just a ****ing retard for paying that money to go overseas to see him if you allready know you don't like mainstream music. You can't blame him for being good at something thats appreciated by a subculture that your a nazi towards.

It's like hating a soccer star because he changes his game and plays rugby. He might be good at both, you might hate rugby, but the people who hate soccer will love him when he plays rugby and the ones who hate rugby will always say he was a better athlete when he played soccer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKH3iemEd-A

hauskitten: I think all music has a soul, just a different kind.

But your right. David Guettas stuff is fantastic to sing along to on a pop level. That doesn't make it bad in my eyes tho.

I think its just like, kinda, un-comparable because they're so different. David Guetta and say ummmm that other guy, "Feeeeeeeel the love generation" ****inggggg, tip of my tongue now I can't remember his name. "Rock this party" etc etc etc, I'm sure you know exactly whooo BOB SINCLAR!!! (sorry)

Yeah I think them two could be compared. But in two such different fields I think Richie Hawtin and David Guetta should stand alone, but I think Richie Hawtins music isn't good even for what it is, where as David Guettas is. Like I think it's SURPOSED to be teeny bopper sing along music and I think it achieves that very well, where as I think Richie Hawtins music is surposed to be very, I don't know. Unique? Different? But it isn't

The difference between Bob and Dave is that Bob knew how to make good music but chose money instead. Dave has never known how to make good music he's always been sh**

I aint even an expert on RH in particular I'm more of an RV person..but how you can say someone is sh** at what they do when you don't even like the whole genre is bolliks I'm afraid..

I agree the Dave is great at what he does.. making crap, cheesey, hardly thought of pop songs that he probably hasn't even had any input into anyway, his melodies inspire nothing, they are just easy listening (although I find it very hard) That is his genre crap, cheesey sh** and he is the king 8)

The difference between Bob and Dave is that Bob knew how to make good music but chose money instead. Dave has never known how to make good music he's always been sh**

I aint even an expert on RH in particular I'm more of an RV person..but how you can say someone is sh** at what they do when you don't even like the whole genre is bolliks I'm afraid..

I agree the Dave is great at what he does.. making crap, cheesey, hardly thought of pop songs that he probably hasn't even had any input into anyway, his melodies inspire nothing, they are just easy listening (although I find it very hard) That is his genre crap, cheesey sh** and he is the king 8)

Well said, especially on the "easy listening" thing...! It really is quite painful sometimes !

I've done two weddings and one got cancelled and yes I still do birthdays but, currently I run around hosting club nights that I barely ever get to play at myself.
I am a Dj. I have done so much **** Dj wise that I can't even class myself in a specific category. I've played many clubs and raves and ****, big named events with internationals etc (Tho I was only like, the small print on the flyer), as well as many many mobile gigs, some radio, (currently have an online show), some minor production work that hasn't really gotten anywhere except for a few people asking where they can get it and being disapointed to find out that no where else has it, and thats it.

I'm ... (dare I say it.) A professional. I don't just take on the parts of the job that I enjoy and then sook when I have to do the hard bits. I don't do the whole "its all about the music I feel and take the crowd on a journey" **** because I'm beyond that. WAY beyond that. I do it for the queens head on a bit of paper and I love it and I'm good at it and well, bring it on :D

I'm good at what I do, whether you think so or not.

Altho, I've never done a christening. I've played two Mc Happy Days and some engagement parties, 1 wedding, a countless amount of birthdays, mainly 21sts and yeah... I've played on altars, in vegetable patches, at Mc Donalds, on Big rigs, little rigs, in tents, in parks, in houses, in clubs, online, off line. .. And yeah. Give me a crowd and I will give them a night they won't forget, musically at minimum. The more I'm incharge of as far as atmospherics go the better. Lighting, decore etc. I dabble in that also as part of the whole, putting on club nights thing.

I've never said your not good at it... it's not exactly rocket science though what you do is it so nothing to brag about :lol::lol::lol

I've never said your not good at it... it's not exactly rocket science though what you do is it so nothing to brag about :lol::lol::lol

ohhh but it IS hauskitten.... you have 2troll the internets downloading all the top 40tunes of the week (that is when you are not trolling webpages writing pages & pages of dribble about how great david guetta is) THEN you have to lug around your cd wallet 2all the ****tiest clubs in melbourne trying to convince some dodgy promoter 2let you play the 1st set for free so you can see your name in lights..... THEN you have 2troll the internets again & tell everyone what a fantastic & awesome dj you are because you've had a few gigs @ macca's & in a vegetable patch.....

is almost rocket science (if you ask me)

can you list em so i know where 2come see you play?

I've played at 3D, bubble, Billboards (when Hard Kandy was on there), G.O.D., Two Tribes, NRG 7, NRG reflections etc but, years ago and as I said, I wasn't exactly headlining. Infact, at bubble I didn't even get to meet the people who'd allowed me to play.

Altho, all upcoming events, you will not be notified about because, really.. If you are gonna be sarcastic about what I do and **** as if I have something to proove to you thennnnnnn, I don't want that kind of attitude at my gigs.

Basically, the only club events I'm involved with now are ones I host myself. I think everything else is so, basic and boring that I just put on **** the way I want to attend it and thats it. No wait thats a lie. I played a gig at Inflations earlier this year. If someone wants to give me a gig I'll take it, but, I'm not out sending demos and looking anymore. .. I have everything I need to do it myself. ...

You should see their faces when I bring it to their birthdays Disco.

The gigs I got, other than Bubble, they ALL approached me (If you must know), and I don't take Cd wallets, I have boxes. Heavy boxes. As well as vinyl bags. And would you believe I don't even hook up the turn tables to a laptop? Wow, who'd of thought theres a Dj who can actually play a record with out VIEWING it on beat on a laptop?

Basically, what I do may not be glamorous, my names might not be assosciated with the coolest clubs in Melbourne, but, what I do means I can do what YOU do a thousand times over. Maybe that scares you because, maybe your afraid that after all this, it might very well be my name in lights? I mean, lets face it. .. I'm the most unpopular Dj in Melbourne. You'd agree on that correct? Alot of people don't like me because of posts exactly like this, yet, I don't even know who you are and you act like your some supreme superstar Dj.

Its all about strong foundations. I bet if someone asked you to play a birthday, you'd probably bring all your greatest new underground music assuming the crowd will love it because you are such a club superstar that everyone knows and is so cool, then wind up to see that, wow, not everyone is into that ****. Not everyone knows who you are, infact, not everyone is even INTO night clubs. .. How are you going to take your .. (Dare I say) 'Art', beyond that cliche if you can't look beyond it yourself?

Don't be a one trick pony. I might not be much to your little scenes and **** but really, with attitudes like yours who would want to be?

Its all about strong foundations. I bet if someone asked you to play a birthday, you'd probably bring all your greatest new underground music assuming the crowd will love it because you are such a club superstar that everyone knows and is so cool, then wind up to see that, wow, not everyone is into that ****. Not everyone knows who you are, infact, not everyone is even INTO night clubs. .. How are you going to take your .. (Dare I say) 'Art', beyond that cliche if you can't look beyond it yourself?

YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME YOU TWAT!! :x
you dont know what music i like &/or dont like; you dont know whether i play in clubs, bars or festivals because I DONT POST BULL**** like that OVER&OVER&OVER again on forums (LIKE YOU)!! :spank:

btw: most DJs get approached 2play so im not sure why you had to stipulate that like it's unheard of......:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW so defensive.

do I sense insecurity?

Either you've done the **** gigs like I have, or you haven't. If you have, then shut the **** up cos your not any more elite than me if you have the same experience, and if you haven't, then shut the **** up because it means I have experience in those fields and know more about it than you.

I don't say it over again, you ask it over again. I'm only an attention whore in your eyes because I get the attention that you wish you had and I don't even have to ask for it.

And for your information, Dj's now go to clubs and ask for gigs. Or is it just me they come to? Does that mean I'm doing something right?

I don't want to be the guy whose an asshole to you over the net, but really, don't tell me who the **** I am and try and act like its nothing then have a cry because "Oh I know nothing about you" when, you know nothing about me either.

Back