SA PENYA DISTRICT

I have to find this man when i am over! fyi - agentundercover 8) = a scouser living in manchester, bringing the home of united down from the inside - not MI5!

I have to find this man when i am over!
why ? ?

361460914_3e001714bc.jpg

copyright.gif
flickr

...yesterday when i was there this lady comes to me and asks could you please take a picture of me with my family? :eek:
i go there and guess who was a member of the family? :rolleyes:
the well known dark haired, moustached, hatted, black dressed and always with a cane gypsy that often hangs out near croissant show!!
Happy29.gif

so there you have me taking a picture of the famous patriarca and his clan!! :eek:
anyway - she even said muchas gracias guapo!! :oops:

did she give you her camera
or did you take pictures with your camera :?:

:eek:
cimg97092yc.jpg

8)
http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=36238

Is this area really so bad? Last year I wandered into this area one night, after walking to the top of the castle and aimlessly wandering down- I liked the area, and was curious about the neighborhood, so I went back to explore during the daytime. Worst I saw was a handful of junkies, a few dealers, and some mangy dogs. I actually loved this area- but I am from Brooklyn so a little crime, grit and danger made me feel right at home. ;)

wouldent compare brooklyn, lovely place when i stayed there(Churchill something?) ! cracking curry house somewhere there, mate reckons coz the mafia have it stitched up no one dares to do anything - any truth to this?!

Brooklyn is a very large place. In the past few years, large swaths of the borough have become gentrified, hence nicer appearing- of course, there have always been (a few) nice neighborhoods- however, there were (and still are) many areas you would not want to drive through, much less walk around on your own- I grew up in the cracked out 80s/early 90s, when things were a lot different- Even now, in the nicer/gentrified hoods, there is still a lot of crime- it is just not as widely reported due to the police/city gov't wanting to project a better image, thus increasing tourism, real estate, etc. Every weekend I hear of some gentrifying midwestern transplant getting jumped/robbed walking home late at night:lol: . Brooklyn is a great place to live/visit, but, like any other urban area you need to be careful and aware of your surroundings- prolly why I feel at home in Sa Penya

Last edited by a moderator:
so..... did you find him? :twisted:

Hey! a man with a good memory.

No I did not. I spent a lot of time in the area between the croissant show immediately up to the road, harbour end, at 90 degrees to the start of Carrer De La Verge (as lots of people on here do I imagine, I fell in love with the the place), however a walk about the general area & those cheeky drug selling folk made it clear that little me bouncing about the depths of Sa Penya was probably asking for trouble.

I did engage with one of them once tho, for something to chill out with & it involved a little trip up there & there was something foreboding about the atmosphere...maybe...or maybe in my head! But it went fine.

So back to the point, did not see la patriach (sp) & even if I had, I would not have been treating him like a tourist attraction!

back in Sept, so you never know!

Brooklyn is a very large place. In the past few years, large swaths of the borough have become gentrified, hence nicer appearing- of course, there have always been (a few) nice neighborhoods- however, there were (and still are) many areas you would not want to drive through, much less walk around on your own- I grew up in the cracked out 80s/early 90s, when things were a lot different- Even now, in the nicer/gentrified hoods, there is still a lot of crime- it is just not as widely reported due to the police/city gov't wanting to project a better image, thus increasing tourism, real estate, etc. Every weekend I hear of some gentrifying midwestern transplant getting jumped/robbed walking home late at night:lol: . Brooklyn is a great place to live/visit, but, like any other urban area you need to be careful and aware of your surroundings- prolly why I feel at home in Sa Penya

yep re reading my post I sounded very naive - like some one telling me where I live (South Manchester) is a walk in the park.;)

His name is Juan, he certainly is the Gypsy King. He used to nip into Bar Zuka, a key and straight Sa Penya bar, for a copa every night.

I used to look at the club parades and some of the costumed dancers and think: Juan's got more charisma in his ciggie stub than this lot.

Back