Ryanair admin fee £50!

I have flown on Ryanair loads of times. It is just what it says a no frill airline. You get what you pay for. I no what to expect and live with the short comings and avoid all the over charges at check in. If in winter I would pay for the sports equipment that would allow me to bring snow board etc.... That works in the summer also for golf clubs or extra luggage. That being said I would never fly them for long haul (flight over 2 hours).

I've never had a problem with Ryanair and I've taken at least half a dozen flights with them a year for the last few years. Just know what to expect in terms of fees and what to look out for to get a bargain and you can really clean up!

Take last year, for example-faced with the long wait til July to visit Ibiza for my usual 10 day pilgrimage, I managed to find flights from Prestwick for £6 all-in return. No check-in fees, no baggage fees (only going for 2 nights so hand luggage was cool!), and no card fees as the prepay mastercard I use for travel money gets round those nicely (2 birds, 1 stone!).

You might think that's a bargain, until you realise that PIK-IBZ was a new route last year. For their first 6 months, all flights from PIK get free return train travel any where in Scotland thrown in so I paid £6 to get from my local station to IBZ airport-it cost me more to get the bus between the airport and san an and back!

Anyone beat that?

Ryan Air sent me a promotional email in the recent bad weather saying ''F*ck the Freeze...Fly off somewhere warm''
Ok for me to receive but you wouldn't want your Grandma to get it.
I still use Ryan Air and appreciate the fact that they are cheap and also have direct flights to Ibiza all winter.
You have to comply exactly to their rules, and then you are OK...but any deviations then it will cost you. This is always a bone of contention with people who are not used to flying with them.
I think where airlines are concerned we are all used to a certain amount of flexibility in their written rules. ie 20 kg baggage means 23 kg and check in 2 hours before means 1.5 hours, one piece of hand luggage means one small suitcase plus a handbag, Tesco carrier bag and your laptop...etc. Ryan Air have removed that option.
No excuse for the rudeness of course....but there again this is another thing numermous passengers have become used to. They are in the wrong (trying to check in 15 mins before the flight etc)...They start shouting at the check in person and then expect them to respond in a polite ''Sorry Madam, we wouldn't want you to miss your auntie's funeral, we will just give the captain a quick call and get him to hold the flight for you''
Ryan Air would benifit from staff who respect their company...I think a lot of them do suffer from ''Little man syndrome''

Take last year, for example-faced with the long wait til July to visit Ibiza for my usual 10 day pilgrimage, I managed to find flights from Prestwick for £6 all-in return. No check-in fees, no baggage fees (only going for 2 nights so hand luggage was cool!), and no card fees as the prepay mastercard I use for travel money gets round those nicely (2 birds, 1 stone!).

Did the Prestwick -> Ibiza flight last year myself. The price IIRC was perfectly reasonable and Prestwick airport is just a 10 - 15 minute drive from my house. :D

Oh, and in these cash-strapped times even rock stars use Ryanair. We had 2 of Biffy Clyro on the flight with us back (few days after they'd played Ibiza Rocks). :lol:

Oh, and in these cash-strapped times even rock stars use Ryanair. We had 2 of Biffy Clyro on the flight with us back (few days after they'd played Ibiza Rocks). :lol:
Could have just been a case of RyanAir having the only direct flight when/where they needed to travel.

The IATA (International Air Transport Association) standard hand baggage allowance (followed by easyJet and British Airways, among others) is 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (22" x 17.7" x 9.8").

Ryanair
Strictly one item of cabin baggage per passenger (excluding infants) weighing up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm is permitted. (handbag, briefcase, laptop, shop purchases, camera etc.) must be carried in your 1 permitted piece of cabin baggage.

Can anyone recommend a suitable case they have used for cabin baggage on Ryanir?

tia

i bought one branded cabin max off amazon

more a backpack since i was gonna be carting it round europe, no wheels or frame so could get more in it

construction issn't the best, but it hasn't fallen to bits yet

think i paid around £25 for it

i bought one branded cabin max off amazon

more a backpack since i was gonna be carting it round europe, no wheels or frame so could get more in it

construction issn't the best, but it hasn't fallen to bits yet

think i paid around £25 for it

cheers, looks just the job. Some of the others I looked at weighed 3kg+. This little bebe only 850g.

Administration Fee - This fee is charged per passenger/ per one way flight and relates to the costs associated with Ryanair's booking system. No administration fee applies to bookings paid for by MasterCard Prepaid Debit Card.

lol

How many people use a mastercard prepaid debit card?

I got a fairfx one solely to pay Ryanair with!

It cost nothing, just loaded the money onto it and paid them with no admin fee.

Think it cost me about £1.50 on top, but I saved £18.50 for the 2 of us so worth doing when you're watching the pennies. 8)

Could have just been a case of RyanAir having the only direct flight when/where they needed to travel.

They come from Kilmarnock, making Prestwick and Glasgow airports about equal distance away. Not sure what airline does Glasgow -> Ibiza, but could be another budget one.

It was more the wait for the bus that did it for me. Lying about on the floor of the booking place (or maybe it was something else) then gettin kicked out the pub cos Berton was sleepin at the table. :lol:

haha - I remember Phil's email describing what happened was one of the funniest things I've ever read

Back