Ryanair admin fee £50!

I wanted to go to Ibiza in winter, I had no choice, they knew that, I knew that!

I clicked confirm :lol: The overall price was more than acceptable, the whole sneaky shyster way in which they operate bugs the hell out of me though, given the option I would rather pay more money to use a n other company.

I have low expectations whenever I fly with Ryanair. I pay cheap.... I expect cheap service and attitude. That said, I have never had problems with them........mostly efficient and the Jets fly.

I admire them for taking risks and opening new routes where other airlines wont fly.

Think of them as the Starship Enterprise of Airline Travel...........To Boldly go
where no man has gone before:)

i don't get how people can be so nonchalant about being treated like dirt. where's your human dignity?

all because you might save £25 overall door to door?

like when ryanair dump you in some airfield miles from where you wanna be they're not gonna pay for your taxi when you're stuck there at 2am

has anyone on here ever tried to get from Reus to Barcelona at 2am... ?

Ryanair are the no.1 airline in the world on passenger numbers. 2009 stats I think.

I use ryanair all the time, it's a load of ****e but I can get a return to Barcelona for 15€. The alternatives are usually x 3/4 the price.

It's like cars, I just wanna get from a to b. Anything above that is a luxury that I don't really need.

The bad bit though is that other airlines are copying ryanair's model. Charging for baggage and you even pay a payment fee, tiny weight allowances, etc, etc

'Decent' airlines are now making similar policies the norm

I also have no problem with Ryanair. I've flown to many towns across Europe in the last few years for a fraction of the price on other airlines. People know the hidden prices, so just make sure you don't end up paying them! It's really not difficult. I flew to Stockholm last year for £10 return... took hand luggage, checked in online, paid with a debit card etc etc. The flight left and arrived ontime. Yes it's a bit like a cattle herd trying to get on and off, but hey, for £10 I'm not going to argue.

The problems come when people expect to pay budget prices and get 5* service. If you know how to work the system it can be a great way of travelling Europe.

i don't get how people can be so nonchalant about being treated like dirt. where's your human dignity?

all because you might save £25 overall door to door?

like when ryanair dump you in some airfield miles from where you wanna be they're not gonna pay for your taxi when you're stuck there at 2am

has anyone on here ever tried to get from Reus to Barcelona at 2am... ?

Personally I have not been treated like dirt on any Ryanair flight....but I know where you are coming from.

Human Dignity is a luxury that most people cant afford these days.

You do have a choice. Fly with them or not. If you land in a field miles from anywhere well thats the choice you make by agreeing to their terms and conditions..........

ryanair get me to ibiza for a really cheap price therefore i love them!!

although the last time i bought those sachets of vodka i was slightly worse for wear and ripped one open... half of it went over my jeans and the other half went all down the page of the newspaper the old woman sitting beside me was trying to read...

she wasn't amused... :lol::lol:

Personally I have not been treated like dirt on any Ryanair flight....

do you work for them? they'd love you on their PR team!

Human Dignity is a luxury that most people cant afford these days.

:eek:

well then we might as well all just give up and die

You do have a choice. Fly with them or not. If you land in a field miles from anywhere well thats the choice you make by agreeing to their terms and conditions..........

you have a choice on paper. you often don't in reality if you're on a tight budget/timescale. The point I'm making is that nobody is asking ryanair to provide jacuzzis on board, but basic respect for hygiene and some food that doesn't make you puke would be a nice start, and it should be mandatory by law for all airlines to disclose all taxes and extras within their advertised prices. Also boxes that you yourself need to untick should be illegal.

rant over (for now)

The problems come when people expect to pay budget prices and get 5* service. If you know how to work the system it can be a great way of travelling Europe.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they are expecting 5* service. My gripe is the admin fee. The total cost was bumped 20% in the name of 'admin'. There should be some kind of legislation that puts a ceiling on the % of an overall cost can be associated with 'admin'. It's like the fecking Kray Twins running an airline....:lol::lol::lol:

********48.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Web Check in
********40.00 GBP Passenger Fee: Administration Fee

Was £40 not £50:oops: Point remains the same though.

Re: ryanair

I paid about £8 for a flight to Munich, and about £26 for a flight back from Bratislava.

I've previously paid £1.48 for a return to London.

Couldn't care less about the crap service. If your careful not to spend the extras, theres nothing wrong with it. Intend to keep flying with them too.

Olly, if you're looking to be sat next to exotic looking women, fly to Eastern Europe. Ten a penny.

do you work for them? they'd love you on their PR team!

:eek:

well then we might as well all just give up and die

you have a choice on paper. you often don't in reality if you're on a tight budget/timescale. The point I'm making is that nobody is asking ryanair to provide jacuzzis on board, but basic respect for hygiene and some food that doesn't make you puke would be a nice start, and it should be mandatory by law for all airlines to disclose all taxes and extras within their advertised prices. Also boxes that you yourself need to untick should be illegal.

rant over (for now)

No connections with them whatsoever.

No dont just give up and die.......keep moving. Go with the flow.... you may not like it but IMO, if you start letting things you have no control over eat you up inside, then you turn into a Victor Meldrew type character.

I used to worry about things like that but soon found out nobody else really gives a sh1t. They are too busy dealing with their lifes...

Nothing wrong with Ryanair in my eyes. I check all the prices before I fly including taxes etc and they still work out cheaper than most other airlines. For the sake of a 2 hours flight to Ibiza I can live without free food and drink and a film.

They make their money from thick people buying the "speedy boarding" etc. We are all on the same flight, You will not get there quicker!!

spot on - do the research on their charges, book early and dont cancel and dont fall for any extras..... you get what you pay for and if its shorthaul - take a bag of crisps and some water

spot on - do the research on their charges, book early and dont cancel and dont fall for any extras..... you get what you pay for and if its shorthaul - take a bag of crisps and some water

Can anyone explain the basis of the mandatory £10 admin fee?. All mandatary fees should be part of the base price.

Administration Fee - This fee is charged per passenger/ per one way flight and relates to the costs associated with Ryanair's booking system. No administration fee applies to bookings paid for by MasterCard Prepaid Debit Card.

lol

How many people use a mastercard prepaid debit card?

Back