Ryanair admin fee £50!

WeLuvIbiza

How can companies get away with advertising a price for something then adding 20% to the price by way of an 'admin' fee?

Do they charge this admin fee for all their flights (first time I have used them)?

Welcome to the world of ryanair, i've used them twice in the past and would NEVER use them again they are robbing b***ards, i would rather pay more and go with different airline.

their entire business model relies on duping gullible passengers and milking you by stealth.

their planes are dirty, their staff are uncouth, their customer service is primitive and the kind of passengers you get on there would be better off manacled to a rock in a zoo

There's no complimentary food, nobody smiles, you can't watch weekend at bernies 2 on a tv screen and you never sit next to exotic people with incredible stories to tell, and you can't even listen to old elton john hits in comfort on a headset

it is a therefore disgusting airline and I no longer have anything to do with it. Would prefer to travel by mule than have to sit in somebody's pringles AGAIN

that said, there are some bargains to be found if you look hard enough

I would rather not have used Ryanair tbh but was desperate for a winter break in Ibiza. I have spent two days of my life looking at every possible route to get to the island. I wouldn't have minded going a strange route and stopping off somewhere for one night but we are taking two children making direct flights the much preferred option.

Their website looks as though it has been thrown together by a six year old, it's almost as though they are trying to portray an image of " we are tin pot company, like it or lump it".

Anyway, the deed is done and flights are booked, but after Ollys summary, I don't much look forward to the flight!

I use Jet2 normally (Leeds airport) and whilst they have a dozen hidden extras, there is no admin fee, and find them a generally decent budget airline.

Ryanair are **** when things go wrong. I had to cancel a flight to London. I wanted to transfer to someone else (was going to give them the ticket for free), but the transfer fee was 2 or 3 times the price of the original ticket... So no point.

That said, I fly with them more than any other airline - they fly from a local airport, they are cheaper, usually on time and if you're on the plane for only 2 - 4 hours you can put up with the cheapy surroundings by drinking. :lol:

I have to say as primitive as it was we got a total bargain on flights to Berlin but the ryanair experience was pretty dire , including a 3 hr delay on return

their entire business model relies on duping gullible passengers and milking you by stealth.

their planes are dirty, their staff are uncouth, their customer service is primitive and the kind of passengers you get on there would be better off manacled to a rock in a zoo

There's no complimentary food, nobody smiles, you can't watch weekend at bernies 2 on a tv screen and you never sit next to exotic people with incredible stories to tell, and you can't even listen to old elton john hits in comfort on a headset

it is a therefore disgusting airline and I no longer have anything to do with it. Would prefer to travel by mule than have to sit in somebody's pringles AGAIN

that said, there are some bargains to be found if you look hard enough

fearghal_ofarrell.jpg

I can cope with ryan air, in the sense that they are at least honest about the brand.

It is cheap, no frills & it is priced as such. If your that bothered fly BA:D

Not as bad as a Thomas Cook flight to Goa though.

Full of the kind of people who go on all inclusives to Baga (i.e scrotts)

No meal, no free entertainment, tiny seats, no drinks nothing.

£700. Unbelievable.

Do you expect a w4nk off the hostess to?

thats why you paid 4p + tax!

So many people give out about Ryanair and their poor service, but they still continue to fly with them!

They are now one of the biggest short haul airlines in the World and their profits and customers continue to grow.

I think its a deep down psychological thing with Humans that people like to be treated badly so that they can complain about it.

Just look at how women are attracted to assholes and badboys..........try to be a good guy and they dismiss you as being too "Nice"

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with Ryanair in my eyes. I check all the prices before I fly including taxes etc and they still work out cheaper than most other airlines. For the sake of a 2 hours flight to Ibiza I can live without free food and drink and a film.

They make their money from thick people buying the "speedy boarding" etc. We are all on the same flight, You will not get there quicker!!

Last edited by a moderator:

can't say I'm familiar with this character. A friend of yours?

I'd hazard a guess he's a

minimum wage- earning apprentice in a garden centre in some $hit new town around the M25

is he grinning because he's happy or because someone just shoved a cactus up his rear?

So many people give out about Ryanair and their poor service, but they still continue to fly with them!

They are now one of the biggest short haul airlines in the World and their profits and customers continue to grow.

I think its a deep down physiological thing with Humans that people like to be treated badly so that they can complain about it.

Just look at how women are attracted to assholes and badboys..........try to be a good guy and they dismiss you as being too "Nice"

Why do they bump the price of flights by way of an 'admin' fee? It's bad enough having to navigate the minefield of potential extras but then just at the last moment when all card details address etc has been entered they add on the admin fee before you click confirm.

I can deal with the dirty planes, skid marks on the plane windows and moldy sandwiches under the seats but the admin fee really irked me:lol::lol::lol:

Why do they bump the price of flights by way of an 'admin' fee? It's bad enough having to navigate the minefield of potential extras but then just at the last moment when all card details address etc has been entered they add on the admin fee before you click confirm.

I can deal with the dirty planes, skid marks on the plane windows and moldy sandwiches under the seats but the admin fee really irked me:lol::lol::lol:

Why does a dog lick his balls...........because he can!

Thats why Ryanair do it. They have found that people will click confirm..... then complain about it on websites like this and other social media. All that does is give free publicity to the airline. First thing you learn in marketing..........no such thing as bad publicity!

Did you click Confirm???

I think its a deep down physiological thing with Humans that people like to be treated badly so that they can complain about it.
No, I think people fly them because they're trying to save money and/or going to an airport not served direct by another airline.

In my case, it was the latter. I have thus far stuck to my mantra of "never again". They are cretins.

poor customer service diminishes the quality of life. I think customer service is generally far superior in Spain whereas in the UK it is strictly related to how wealthy you are. That is morally repugnant imo.

Why does a dog lick his balls...........because he can!

Thats why Ryanair do it. They have found that people will click confirm..... then complain about it on websites like this and other social media. All that does is give free publicity to the airline. First thing you learn in marketing..........no such thing as bad publicity!

Did you click Confirm???

I wanted to go to Ibiza in winter, I had no choice, they knew that, I knew that!

I clicked confirm :lol: The overall price was more than acceptable, the whole sneaky shyster way in which they operate bugs the hell out of me though, given the option I would rather pay more money to use a n other company.

Back