Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
hostal la torre - is it worth the 100 euro per person min spend? Also if you book via the website the option available under “area” is restaurant, is there anyway to guarantee an outside table?

Looking to book somewhere for food with a sunset in July. Any other options that are a bit lighter on the budget?
A friend of mine was there last week and said it was worth paying the extra. Food, view, service and tunes were spot on. He ended up proposing to his partner so he got his moneys worth.

If you're in San An and fancy a tasty breakfast I can recommend KICK, I can recommend the granola bowl or pancakes. They also do brunch and lunch items as well as juices & a deli bar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-115615_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220525-115615_Gallery.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 20
Okay. Here's an interesting one. Always better when it completely takes you by surprise

Please excuse the name, it does it no justice, but Monkey on the Sunset Strip (old Enigma under Kanya apartments, which I'm sure as some ot you got a lot of bad publicity last two years thanks to fragrant Covid breaches)

Well it's under new French ownership and it is f***in' fantastic!

To give a little context, we went to one of the island's most prestigious restaurants yesterday by invite. Well this was better!

Roasted aubergine with pistachios and pomegranate, sea bass ceviche, a tuna tartare served with some of the best soy I've ever tasted, Somebody who is far more cultured than I will know the proper name, but a Moroccan dish with fried eggs served on ratatouille. Deep fried cod fish cakes. Honestly all amazing and service was top drawer

Sunset was killer tonight as well

I went to Cami de Balafia on Tuesday following @stivi's suggestion and my own longing to eat lamb. Phoned them in the afternoon without much hope for a reservation, but got offered a table at 10pm on the same day.

The restaurant is in a lovely garden setting under trees with a no-nonsense menu focused on meat. Prices were very reasonable too. The drink selection was huge, but since I was driving, I stayed with Coke Zero and only allowed myself some hierbas at the end.

sIMG_20220524_232126.jpg sIMG_20220524_221452.jpg sIMG_20220524_221627.jpg sIMG_20220524_221633.jpg

I chose bread, aioli and olives, then their famous tomato salad, then lamb chops with potato chips.

sIMG_20220524_222150.jpg sIMG_20220524_222714.jpg

Olives were homemade, tasted very much like olives my parents made back when they were living in a rural house in Provence. Aioli was homemade too and quite hot, with more garlic than usual.

Then came the tomato salad. It was phenomenal. The tomatoes themselves weren't outstanding in any way, but the three components (tomatoes, onions, olive oil) matched perfectly, and this did the magic.

sIMG_20220524_221255.jpg

While consuming the appetizers, I was watching the large grill in action. Large bowls of raw meat were brought to the grill again and again, the meat put above hot coals, turned, moved around, then put onto plates and brought to hungry customers for consumption. New coals were being produced from firewood right here in a separate compartment. As six lamb chops from the grill were being put onto a plate, I knew it was my turn. And God were they awesome!

sIMG_20220524_224009.jpg

Juicy, flavorful, with a rich lamb taste and a hint of smoke. If I had to imagine a perfect lamb dish, it would be these lamb chops. Potato chips as side dish were great too, they actually tasted like potatoes and were obviously made on the spot and were not the deep frozen cr*p many places serve nowadays.

sIMG_20220524_230653.jpg sIMG_20220524_231831.jpg

Since I had skipped lunch, I still had room for dessert despite the very generous servings. I chose the homemade flan, and it was a perfect conclusion for this outstanding meal, which became the highlight of this Ibiza trip. Being a spoiled child, I usually always find some points of criticism when it comes to cooking. But here, I literally loved every bite. The bill came at a very reasonable 46€. Credit cards were not accepted, only cash, but I knew it in advance.

Didn't like: the lock on the men's toilet door was broken, which caused some privacy issues. And from the look of it, it has been broken for quite some time 👎

Vegetarians should run away from this place as fast as they can (unless they love potato chips). To anyone else, I absolutely recommend Cami de Balafia and will certainly try their T-bone the next time I am on the island.

Last edited:
hostal la torre - is it worth the 100 euro per person min spend? Also if you book via the website the option available under “area” is restaurant, is there anyway to guarantee an outside table?

Looking to book somewhere for food with a sunset in July. Any other options that are a bit lighter on the budget?
I'd say it's definitely worth it. Email them and request a table in the area you want and they'll try to accommodate you. Personally I think the tables on the rocks are best, but the terrace is lovely too, near the tree in front of the DJ is pretty.

Roasted aubergine with pistachios and pomegranate, sea bass ceviche, a tuna tartare served with some of the best soy I've ever tasted, Somebody who is far more cultured than I will know the proper name, but a Moroccan dish with fried eggs served on ratatouille. Deep fried cod fish cakes. Honestly all amazing and service was top drawer

Sunset was killer tonight as well
Chakchouka
Bon profit

Not a review But someone i know went to La Oliva? In Ibiza town over the last couple days and the food pics they uploaded look AMAZING

I'd say it's definitely worth it. Email them and request a table in the area you want and they'll try to accommodate you. Personally I think the tables on the rocks are best, but the terrace is lovely too, near the tree in front of the DJ is pretty.
I have booked it for the last night of our holiday, really looking forward to it. Thanks for the tip, I’ll drop them a mail and see what they can do 👍

Ses Roques cala conte with 2Uk spotlight (cheers guyz if u read me,i know u Never post here)
Fideua ,it lacks some seafoods
S illa d'en bosc pricer but i Guess qualité IS there following my souvenirs of Suckling pig i ate there a few years sa ago (No way i'll eat AT tourist Trap such ashram sunset )

Screenshot_20220529-133555_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-133602_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-133609_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-133615_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-133623_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-133632_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-133718_1.jpg

S espardell pdb with Fusion (spotlight vet that do not post anymore ,i should follow his way 🤔)and mate
Very good i cant wait to try their seafood grill 80€ but without fish (last pic,looking for mate for this for aug or Closing trip)
Their dayly meal sounds neat
Screenshot_20220529-134804_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-134838_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-134850_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-134903_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-134910_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-134914_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-135044_1.jpgScreenshot_20220529-134930_1.jpg

I spent a whole day at the beach at Cala San Vicente, so The Boat House seemed a natural choice for lunch. It's located right next to the beach.

This place is supposedly packed on weekends, but on a Monday afternoon, I walked up to them and could reserve for any time I wanted. So I said "in an hour" and went back to my beach towel for another hour of swimming and doing nothing in the sun.

sIMG_20220523_144426.jpg sIMG_20220523_144144.jpg sIMG_20220523_144732.jpg

Back at the restaurant, I got a great table with the beach view. I ordered a fresh pressed orange juice and homemade aiolis as an appetizer. The juice was good, and so were the aiolis, and I especially liked the choice of different breads.

For the main course, I ordered the lamb malaysian rendang curry with rice. Don't know what I was thinking, ordering a specialty Asian meal in a non-Asian restaurant. A beautifully arranged dish arrived:

sIMG_20220523_150832.jpg

There is rice, there is curry, and there is lamb. But that's not a rendang (a specially prepared meat, dark, infused with spices and flavors). The lamb had no flavor apart from its own, and its own flavor was entirely overshadowed by the curry. The meat appeared bland and tasteless. To add insult to the injury, they put disgustingly sweet canned fruits on top :mad: The main course was a big letdown. I think if you cannot do Asian food properly, it is better not to have Asian dishes on the menu at all.

My mood was too good for telling them things I wouldn't repeat in a review. So instead, I asked how long they would stay open and decided to have a cocktail here in the evening. After an even worse meal at the hotel buffet for dinner, I headed to the Boat House again. I was undecided between a grapefruit gin tonic and a mojito with hierbas, and in hindsight, should have tried both. But I chose the mojito (12,50€ IIRC).

xIMG_20220523_233946.jpg sIMG_20220523_225630.jpg

The mojito was quite good. The first mouthfuls had a distinct hierbas note which was welcome, after that, it felt like an ordinary mojito.

I would give The Boat House another chance despite my disappointing experience with the food, they are clearly making an effort, so maybe it's just a problem with one specific dish. Drinks are good. And since Cala San Vicente is now on my personal top 3 of Ibiza beaches, I will probably eat here again sooner or later.

Arriving to Ibiza Town today, any suggestions for lunch?
Local or Spanish cuisine preferred

Un menú del día cerca de €25 would be great

S espardell pdb with Fusion (spotlight vet that do not post anymore ,i should follow his way 🤔)and mate
Very good i cant wait to try their seafood grill 80€ but without fish (last pic,looking for mate for this for aug or Closing trip)
Their dayly meal sounds neat
View attachment 13873View attachment 13874View attachment 13875View attachment 13876View attachment 13878View attachment 13879View attachment 13880View attachment 13882

was the chuletón steak worth 62€ ? maybe it's the light but looks like a lot of fat in that picture

Any recommendations for a nice lunch around San Antonio area?? Or any nice beachy place to eat in that area? In a Cala or something ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back