Restaurant reviews 2020/2021/2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where on Ibiza would people recommend for a meal to splurge a bit with me and my mates? We have been to Bambuddah before for a splurge meal and enjoyed it but would like to try something new.

Without knowing your tastes and going just on my own, I'd say Es Caliu or Aubergine.

Honorable mention to Can Mimosa and Can Domingo.

Aubergine and Domingo might be better suited to a date night than a mates night though.

Last night a few lucky people were invited to have a sneak peek of the newly improved 528 in the Benimussa hills, two days before its official opening. Last year was superb so I was excited to see this version, including their new indoor theatre...

IMG_20220614 (4) - copia.jpg

The Sunset Terrace where the tables were set last year is now where the 528 journey begins. It continues having a stage, where different artists make the pre-show experience very enjoyable. Guests are welcome to arrive from 21:00 for pre-show drinks (19:55 once the gardens area opens). Make sure to try some of the creations by world champion mixologist Alberto Pizarro and his expert team.

One of the many surprises of the night was to find out that Jose Corraliza and the Heart creative team (Artful Entertainment) were already on board last season but for different reasons they didn't announce his involvement until now. He was the person who introduced the show. The creative minds behind Heart and Manumission working together, a recipe for success.

Frequency of Love is a seated show with Silver, Gold and VIP table options available. All tables are reserved with a minimum spend on food and drinks starting from 150€ per person. The show starts at 22:00 and lasts more than two hours. The show, food and staff are world class. So much effort and love behind it all.

Martin Doorly is behind the programming at 528. Expect some of the best island DJs until late.

After the review I wrote last year I went back at the end of the season and the show had improved a lot. I'm sure as the season progresses the show will continue evoluting and it will be worth to return.

IMG_20220614 (5) - copia.jpg

Something worth to point out is that they're maintaining most of the staff from last year, which gives you a clear idea of the good vibes among the team.

Things kick off tomorrow but it will be properly open in a couple of weeks, at the beginning of july. A second opening party will be announced then.

The gardens area will offer a street food market, DJs and much more. Free to enter but to guarantee a table for the evening is highly recommend to pre-book. The price for reserving a table is 50€ minimum spend per person.

The culinary team continues being led by head chef Gonzalo Aragüez and sous-chef Massimo Bartelloni, in charge not only of the food during the show but also on the street food market.

Well done Bartolo Escandell, Andy McKay and Jose Corraliza. A venue like this was much needed in the west coast of the island. As mentioned last year, the place is huge so the possibilities are infinite and slowly this summer it will start to unleash part of its potential.

IMG_20220614 (6) - copia.jpg

Last but not least, some interesting gossip to give you an idea of what we're going to get this summer...

The Seal Pit is getting a facelift at the minute and will be used for live music. Keep your eyes peeled for this one.

Sundays will be dedicated to pay homage to the ibicenco culture. Expect local musicians like Paco Fernández and local DJs like Alfredo outside, before the night continues inside.

They're already toying with different ideas on how they can use this amazing venue year round. Exciting times ahead.

IMG_20220614 (9) - copia.jpg

528 is open from wednesday to sunday starting tomorrow, June 16th.

what is the name of menu del dia restaurant located in ibz harbor, lof of people mention? i forgot to write name on my notes
Got one on my todolist in san an, just in front of big eroski center Bar Ses paises

Thanks ! it's Can costa ,I just had a look at the picture it's this one i ll put on my bucket list if around ibz town pdb.My restaurant to do list is done

la tana - ibiza town.

this one is run by leo, one of the heads behind keep on dancing, and it's been there for at least ten years now. I had been before, but it was years ago.

so on friday night we went back. i love the location of it and their home made pasta. that is also what you should order there when you go - it is their standout dishes. book your table in advance in peak season!

la tana - ibiza town.

this one is run by leo, one of the heads behind keep on dancing, and it's been there for at least ten years now. I had been before, but it was years ago.

so on friday night we went back. i love the location of it and their home made pasta. that is also what you should order there when you go - it is their standout dishes. book your table in advance in peak season!
their limoncello is probably one to the best I had.
I don't think they do menu del dia, only open at night?

Two different friends have recommended La Torre for a sunset dinner so I’m going to book it now. We are there at the end of July. Does it matter what day of the week it is or is it just pick a day and go with it?

Last edited:
Two different friends have recommended La Torre for a sunset dinner so I’m going to book it now. We are there at the end of July. Does it matter what day of the week it is or is it just pick a day and go with it?
They have a sunset DJ every night, you can find their program on socials, I think the DJs are published on the Monday for the week.
You may want to hear a particular jock?

Last edited:
They have a sunset DJ every night, you can find their program on socials, I think the DJs are published on the Monday for the week.
You may want to hear a particular jock?
I saw the line up for last week and recognised one name but I trust the line up because different friends have both said the sets were spot on. I presume it’s busier at weekends?

I saw the line up for last week and recognised one name but I trust the line up because different friends have both said the sets were spot on. I presume it’s busier at weekends?
Well there is always a chance Sunday may be busier with locals but in reality
any night in Summer could be.

Any feedback or reviews from El Silencio that seems to get proper hype from international lifestyle press?

Any feedback or reviews from El Silencio that seems to get proper hype from international lifestyle press?
The chef at the moment is Mauro Colagreco ( 3 stars chef ) which won the best restaurant in the world title few year back for his restaurant in the south of France … so the cuisine should be amazing and the price as well 🙂

Was wondering if the chiringuito in Cala boix serve good food ? ( have rented a house very close from this beach )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back