Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ate there, didnt like it vey much the meal 2nd time only aioli rose wine and olive as some mate text me to pick them at airport
lunch paid by usa fitting girl :cool: (no ,im not a goldigger, but its always cool when people thank u for all favors u did to them, u "save"their life)

yesterday night we went to a restaurant that had been on our bucket list for a while...

Es Tragón, on the road to Cap Negret (San Antonio).

a lot of people on here will by now know that I'm usually frequenting traditional places that aren't fancy, but serve good food at fair prices (can pilot, balafia, la noria, cas pages, can caus, maria lluisa etc). so for us it was an exception to go to es tragón, but it's one I can wholeheartedly recommend.

es tragón is a wordplay. it refers to the spice (tarragon) , but it also means 'hog' or greedy-gut in spanish. you decide between 3 set menues (45€, 70€ or 90€). we took the middle one which is also the one they recommend (seriously we were 100% stuffed after that one, so glad not having taken the biggest option).

everything was honestly superb and to us it was really a great culinary experience. unusual combinations of flavours and textures, without being too aloof IMO. they explain everything really well too and the staff is both very attentive yet laidback.

if you fancy something different and don't mind paying the price (with drinks it'll end up costing ~100€/head if you choose the 70€ menu), this really gets my vote. reservation is absolutely essential (they accommodate max 30 people a night) and they'll also ask for any allergies you should have or whether you don't eat certain things. I'm not sure it's the perfect place if you don't eat any fish or meat though.

certainly the most expensive dinner out all year for me, but we got home satisfied! 10/10.

I personally had a blast at Los Enamorados in Portinatx.
I was critical about them, I have now to recognise that it was really good, great food, beautiful place, stunning view, even it was not in my general standard of price...like Es Tragón, count between 60 and 100 €per head for a complete dinner.
Once in a year with Madame Jimmiz is now on my list.

The last time I went to Ama Lur must have been in 92 or 93.
I probably need 15 minutes to go there, but I always forget. Need to make a note to myself to visit them again.

i ve just pick info from this thread after having a look on yelp

fish shack Talamanca , tourist trap
Sa punta , tourist trap

i will stick to my local restaurants main in ibz town and for the new , a go to Can pilot? Can curune?
el carmen es boldado lunch , as usual..

Beside Mercat nou & Can brodis, av catalunia 4 7h00 20h00 ,bixbe huix 7h00 20h00 sat 7h00 18h00 & Santigua Barberia in the harbor (former Xicu bar)

who have been there ?

Can bellota 38 av canaries 12h 16 20h minuit

Can Terra ignasis wallis 14 07880 ibz 8h30 2am ,

El Rincon de Pepe San An San mateo 6 12h30 0h30, is this cheap?

La Bodega bisbe torres mayans 2, its said tourist trap

cia ciao in pdb at the round about...cheap paellas? such as the one i boycot for life , bella feuckin napoli,close to ushuaia, rude people , i hate people that don't welcome u , because u r not from their country eg Italian people staff
treat people as equal whatever their natiolality, otherwise Feucke u !

El rincon prices have gone up and food was not good last time I went in may..but there is a place very close that was really good food and great value...can't think of the name

thanks, i wont go, u know i enjoy only local places with cheap prices, im not a kind of guy that spread money on the location of the restaurant, a meal don't have to be above 8-9€ (ok 12€ in ibz, 25€ a paella) as cheap such as asian restaurants we have in Paris, even they all raise price in paris because of tourists (the french parisian bobo people :rolleyes: that discover vietnamese food :lol: )

Thanks,
looks like all cheapest place close, after Restaurante antonio...the one close to Dc10 ,other cheap in figueretas & so on

i write here i wont go to ibz for restaurants, but soulmate confirm me today :cool:, he will join me 24h/24h, so im trying to please him, in looking for places ,we never been past years such as can pilot.

ps: i used to eat spagheti bolognese to leave, from the lady from mercat nou, for dinner time along opening 17 , but i think soulmate wont deal with this quick dinner :lol: Feuckin big spender :p

Last edited:
Looking for a nice new restaurant in IbizaTown.

Anyone knows a hidden gem there. El Olivo Mio and Brassa still same quality as last 2 years ? Olivo Mio last year was amazing. Not cheap but very very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back