Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick run down on a few places we stopped off at over the last couple of weeks. A repeat of many favourites from previous years as always but here goes anyway:

Bar Costa
Still the bocadillo kings. So cheap. I think they start around €3.50 and go up to around €7 for Iberico.

Cas Pages
Still the meat queens. Sobresada starter is a killer. Then anything at all from the main meat menu. Reasonably priced. All cooked perfectly as always - just as well, as I wouldn't dare send anything back to the guy at the grill! As always, don't forget your homemade Hierbas to finish.

El Bigotes, Cala Mastella
A ramble across the rocks from Cala Mastella for their classic bullit de peix. €23 each. Such a legendary location and setting. Hard to beat.

La Bodega, Ibiza Town
Much discussed as not exactly prize winning tapas compared to others but always a highly enjoyable stop off. Packed and buzzing every night.

Restaurante Cala Martina

Have grown fond of this place over the years. Superb fish. Sundays are best I reckon but great buzz 7 days a week. The beach never gets too busy either. Nice spot.

SOS, Cala Llonga

Decent family owned place in Cala Llonga with lovely fish on the menu.

Destino, San Jose

Havent been for a few years. Great to be back. Extensive menu of excellent tapas talked through by fantastic staff. Price ranges from roughly €3 up to around €10ish I think.

Cal Lluch

Great little place on the Ibz - Sta Eularia road. Menu del dia €11. We went on Sunday, so we were the only non Spanish people there and therefore the only table with less than 20 people at it! Sunday is the paella special so it was salad, paella, dessert and bottle of house wine for the table - €16 each.

Can Curune
Called in for a snack on the way home early one evening but kitchen was closed for a bit. But anyone heading that way - menu del dia €11.

Can Fresco, San Rafael
Blink and you'll miss it on the way through San Rafael. Its on the left just before Can Pilot. Extensive and inexpensive menu of tostados, bocadillos, tarts and desserts. All available to take away too. Excellent.

Ca na Pepeta, San Juan Road

Always drove past this on the way to Balafia so thought we'd give it a go. Lovely location, charming host, great menu of classic local dishes. Was a little pricier than I anticipated but we had a decent evening. Hard to beat Balafia on that road though.

Flotante, Talamanca
Simple cafe / restaurant on the Talamanca shore. Well worth a stop off for breakfast / brunch and very cheap.

Talamanca Club

Excellent pizza on the beach. Starting from €8.

Fish Shack, Talamanca
Again, haven't been here in years so made a return visit. It was great. Prices currently around €19 for Dorada. Drinks prices reasonable. Cafe Caleta before you hit the road.

La Noria, Cala Boix
Went for their legendary paella again. So good. But their fish menu is phenomenal. Next time for sure. The waiters are total fish boffins. They love it. Their special starter salad still ace too.

Can Sulayetas, nr San Miguel

A pit stop for some montaditos, a cana and some serenity before the grim journey home next day. Will probably now be a firm favourite.

El Carmen, Cal d'Hort
Cracking fish restaurant with THAT view. Very busy. Booking advised. We booked and were on the 3pm waiting list but got seated pretty quick.

All food was fantastic. Prices are creeping up here and there of course. Not by much. A euro or two on some dishes compared to 2016. But there are some amazing menu del dia offers all over the island which we'll be checking out more of next time to balance up the heavy duty long boozy lunches & dinners. And of course there's always everyone's old friend and his classic menu del dia - Senor Cool Bag :)

Flotante is still going..:) I haven't been for a long time . Massive hake with chips and salad was always the winner..

De nada :). A very important thread this one. Even after 20 years coming to the island it is incredible how many places there are to discover both on and off the beaten track. This thread features many excellent tips from Spotlighters and it's crucial to support the little guys in the burgeoning all inclusive culture. Hit the road, undo the belts and enjoy!

De nada :). A very important thread this one. Even after 20 years coming to the island it is incredible how many places there are to discover both on and off the beaten track. This thread features many excellent tips from Spotlighters and it's crucial to support the little guys in the burgeoning all inclusive culture. Hit the road, undo the belts and enjoy!

amen to all of this.

Me and the Missus both agreed this years prizewinner goes to Maya Beach Club. Food was fantastic. Not the cheapest but worth it.

I hear Cala Vadella locals hate 'Maya Beach Club'. They've taken over the large car park (behind the Maria Luisa/Supermarket block) and use it only for their "VIP" clients. This means there's nowhere for the tourists to park, meaning they continue driving on to the next bay they come to. All the local businesses are up in arms !! :(

I went there last year and the food was ok but very over priced ! + you can't see the fantastic Cala Vadella views from Maya Beach. Better food at Maria Luisa, Can Jamue or Bon Sol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back