Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
the restaurant avenue in avda. 8 de agosto 29 is now zela, with 4 michelin-starred chef ricardo sanz!

18839192_1434219593326007_8711116049235623802_n.jpg

let's see if they can finally make that place work. it's changed names and owners for I don't know how many times in the last few years and never worked.

Best dinner so far was at the Giri Cafe in Sant Joan, sat outside, was very peaceful, food was out of this world, great service. Expensive though €160, 3 courses and a bottle of vino blanco.
Also really loved Villa Mercedes.

Best lunch, Elements at Benirras, great restaurant on my favourite beach.
Enjoyed Fish Shack, swordfish was great, and swimming in between drinks waiting for the food was great.

Breakfast, had the buffet menu at Atzaro, absolute bliss there, gutted we are getting married in England now and not there.

Off to Sa Capella tomorrow night for dinner, will report back.

yeah giri café was good when we went, but price-wise it's over what I'm normally willing to pay.

You both were lucky, I ate twice there, 2 disasters... Food was very common and service one the worst I experienced in ibz.

Here is a question for the heads....best lamb chops on the island can be found ......?

Only eaten lamb chops once on the island and that was at balafia and I didn't rate them much unfortunately :(, the steaks were outstanding though as was the salad, potatoes, aioli :p

Went to The Beach Club at HRH on Friday before Children of the 80's, had the burger, really nice but steep at €25. Then got twatted on wine and gear.

Sa Capella last night, really enjoyed there, some of the reviews I read were quite bad, but I thought the food was amazing. Padron peppers, garlic prawns, broccoli in a white sauce with mushrooms and ham for starters. Then she had suckling pig and I had lamb chops for mains, they were both cooked to perfection. Followed up by strawberry soup and cheesecake. €170 with a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

Back to Atzaro tomorrow for breakfast, then La Torre on Tuesday for dinner.

looking at places in san an to eat when i come.. would anyone recommend villa mercedes and nautica i think the place is called? if so is it best to reserve a table? I'm going end of july also would it be best to receive at tapas?

after years we finally made it back to can sulayetas on friday night. while it's famous for their montaditos (sandwiches the way they do them in bar costa in sta gertrudis) and the sardinada they do on tuesdays, we had a go at their meat this time. superb lamb chops and fantastic entrecote...and I'm not even gonna tell you the prices, just believe me that this is one of the 'real' places where you pay real prices. we're definitely going back this summer still.

also, one place I really have to go and check out soon for a more posh dinner is la gaia, the restaurant inside ibiza gran hotel. it's certainly not cheap, but various foodie friends tell me that this is one place where the price matches the quality of food and service you get - unlike in many other places sadly. I shall report when I've gone

'real' places where you pay real prices - that should be a thread in itself

anyone been to es Caliu recently or cas pages ? Two places I had some great meat

Right so tonight is the night I'm going to Pacha restaurant, has anyone had any luck with shorts recently, I've got a beige or navy pair of tailored chino shorts which I was going to wear with a shirt and loafer shoes. They said in an email previously I can borrow some trousers if need be but just curious if anyone knows how strict they have been recently

Right so tonight is the night I'm going to Pacha restaurant, has anyone had any luck with shorts recently, I've got a beige or navy pair of tailored chino shorts which I was going to wear with a shirt and loafer shoes. They said in an email previously I can borrow some trousers if need be but just curious if anyone knows how strict they have been recently
I emailed to ask about shorts and they responded saying smart shorts are fine - enjoy

Anyone got any recommendations for other restaurants similar to Pacha's in menu and cost? Want to try something different next time I go but really did love the food on offer and the quality at Pacha. Think I will try to do one 'high end, expensive meal' each time I go.

Thinking of maybe Lio but worried this will cost a lot more than Pacha did so if anyone has any other options that would be great.

P.S I don't eat sushi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back