Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if you would have to book El Carmen in advance to get a table for around 7pm out front looking out to Es Vedra? If so how far in advance would you need to book or would calling that morning be fine?

you should be OK calling the day before or on the same day. to be honest it´s a place that´s busier during the day than in the evening. also, if you would be spanish, you would never have paella for dinner. rice dishes are eaten at lunch only ;) but it´s one of those ´tourist mistakes´ the locals will excuse you don´t worry :)

oh sorry just realized you actually didn´t say anything about a paella! ha. doh.

I never knew that! Guess you learn something knew everyday ayy. Whats the tradition/reason behind this if there is one?

I didn't but that is exactly what I will be having!! Must be reading my mind!

I was planning to go for lunch but I would quite like to see Es Vedra sunset so to save 2 taxi fares will couple these together.

Hopefully I am forgiven for bringing my English traits!

And I meant to say first weekend in July but he last week in June, I assume that's the same?

tbh, el carmen is famous for their paellas that´s why I simply assumed it would be that...
rice dishes are normally very heavy and that´s why they are traditionally eaten at lunch. it´s a proper carbs bomb.
and yeah I think same for july. I would call beforehand, better be safe than sorry, but do think you will be fine.

That's why I'm going to try one of them!

That does make sense when you think of it but on this occasion I will have to ignore tradition and walk it off on my way up the cliff

seems like lips in pdb will remain shut for a while as they've lost their chef and also the concession for sunbeds!

its chef david reartes (along with jordi from sa caleta and another partner) has opened a new restaurant in c. castilla 9 in ibiza town called RE.ART, right next to miquetes...

12347901_566252456863949_9107767742429272367_n.jpg

you should be OK calling the day before or on the same day. to be honest it´s a place that´s busier during the day than in the evening. also, if you would be spanish, you would never have paella for dinner. rice dishes are eaten at lunch only ;) but it´s one of those ´tourist mistakes´ the locals will excuse you don´t worry :)

No dinner at night is the answer or some quick meal bought & swallowed in the car...
The night i ate paella at yemanja , i felt aslepp for 01h00 in the car as it was raining hard & i coundt get out with my summer clothes in a pouring rain & miss Nu's set at Heart Saga & get into the club at 3h00 am instead of 01h30 planned
We ate el carmen(afternoon) without booking & cala de hort (at night) restaurants too..their paellas were good, el carmen was empty at night, cala de hort ,3-4 tables

We ate el carmen(afternoon) without booking & cala de hort (at night) restaurants too..their paellas were good, el carmen was empty at night, cala de hort ,3-4 tables

yeah but you were here in MAY. things change quite a bit between then and peak season and you know that very well yourself. in may you don't have to book a table anywhere beforehand.

if u dont book they may choose u a table with the baddest view..
as fzr as im concerned we can't book as we dont know what we goona do the next 12hrs & if we are in a good shape to go there too :lol:

i wanted to go to es boldado , postponed for ibz july/aug one of 2-3 max real foods, as we dont go to ibz for gourmet tourist lunches dinners trip :rolleyes::D:arrow::lol:
im sure mate want to eats all day a real dinner & will slow me down, on my clubbing events...ill drop him too :p:!::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back