Restaurant reviews 2017/2018/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight change of plan in our all inclusive holiday and I’ve hired a car for two days.

If you could only eat in two restaurants in Ibiza. Which two would it be.

I’m thinking of going to

Bambuddha - cos I love the place and food.

Can Pilot - cos it’s one of the best steaks I’ve ever had.

Can anyone deviate me from these two?

Curry Club - 01.05.18

Not our first choice, but missus' flight landed late, and we just wanted somewhere close to our hotel (Central City) to get a nice meal.
We didn't enter until 23:00. It was very chilly, so we were grateful to be sat inside. The outdoor garden was sealed off. There was probably 2, maybe 3 other tables eating at this point.
Service was good. We ordered poppadom x 2, chutneys, lamb madras, chicken dhansak, saag aloo, garlic naan, pilau rice to share, 1 x cobra btl and 1 x house red.
The curries were of a good standard, as I recall from past visits. The saag aloo was a little disappointing - mostly spinach with a few cubes of potato.
Total bill came to just under €50. Overall, although the meal was above standard, I'm not convinced this showed value for money. I know Indian cuisine in England is considerably cheaper than even other parts of the UK, but we could have ordered the above for around £20-£25 at home. Hardly a worker's budget - so unlikely we'll be returning anytime throughout the season.
The early evening deal would probably make it worthwhile. Alas, it normally always clashes with sunset. I know which I'd prefer to do given the option.
To clarify: food good, but for the price? Nah-uh.

I think I’ve mentioned it previously in this thread.

Ate at Can Bass tonight and I really like it here, I honestly think they serve one of the best plate of ribs on the island. Lovely setting too.

And by Ibiza prices it’s pretty reasonable too. All washed down by the house crianza at €3 a glass.

Well worth a visit and plenty of parking.

Curry Club - 01.05.18

Not our first choice, but missus' flight landed late, and we just wanted somewhere close to our hotel (Central City) to get a nice meal.
We didn't enter until 23:00. It was very chilly, so we were grateful to be sat inside. The outdoor garden was sealed off. There was probably 2, maybe 3 other tables eating at this point.
Service was good. We ordered poppadom x 2, chutneys, lamb madras, chicken dhansak, saag aloo, garlic naan, pilau rice to share, 1 x cobra btl and 1 x house red.
The curries were of a good standard, as I recall from past visits. The saag aloo was a little disappointing - mostly spinach with a few cubes of potato.
Total bill came to just under €50. Overall, although the meal was above standard, I'm not convinced this showed value for money. I know Indian cuisine in England is considerably cheaper than even other parts of the UK, but we could have ordered the above for around £20-£25 at home. Hardly a worker's budget - so unlikely we'll be returning anytime throughout the season.
The early evening deal would probably make it worthwhile. Alas, it normally always clashes with sunset. I know which I'd prefer to do given the option.
To clarify: food good, but for the price? Nah-uh.
For what it's worth, when I went last year I didn't think it was worth it either.

Cafe Mariano, Puerto de Ibiza - 04.05.18

Shopping trip to Ibiza Town for the better half's birthday. After flexing my plastic friend, we were hungry. We mooched around Ibiza Town and eventually settled on Mariano where we hadn't eaten before.
The service was odd. The - I'm assuming - owner showed no interest in talking to us, and instead handed us a slip of paper to note our own menu choices. On one hand, this does eliminate any embarrassing language barrier on both parts. On the other, it did feel a little impersonal.
We ordered several tapas dishes and a 1l of sangria.
The potato bravas portion size was really generous. The mountain was also cooked really well. Whilst very tasty, the lamb kebab was meagre in size by comparison. The baked camembert lacked any flavour - could've done with some garlic and herbs. The steak was too reliant on the accompanying garnish. Bizarrely, the bread, alioli and olives was the last dish to be bought out after we'd finished the rest.
Mixed feelings on the food and the whole experience. It did fill a hole, but I doubt we'll be rushing back. Total bill came to €60 on the nose, of which €26 was the sangria.

Cafe Mariano, Puerto de Ibiza - 04.05.18

Shopping trip to Ibiza Town for the better half's birthday. After flexing my plastic friend, we were hungry. We mooched around Ibiza Town and eventually settled on Mariano where we hadn't eaten before.
The service was odd. The - I'm assuming - owner showed no interest in talking to us, and instead handed us a slip of paper to note our own menu choices. On one hand, this does eliminate any embarrassing language barrier on both parts. On the other, it did feel a little impersonal.
We ordered several tapas dishes and a 1l of sangria.
The potato bravas portion size was really generous. The mountain was also cooked really well. Whilst very tasty, the lamb kebab was meagre in size by comparison. The baked camembert lacked any flavour - could've done with some garlic and herbs. The steak was too reliant on the accompanying garnish. Bizarrely, the bread, alioli and olives was the last dish to be bought out after we'd finished the rest.
Mixed feelings on the food and the whole experience. It did fill a hole, but I doubt we'll be rushing back. Total bill came to €60 on the nose, of which €26 was the sangria.

Keep ‘em coming!

Nice, sounds we ll have a list of restaurants to avoid :D
in the harbor there are not many cheap (less than 25€) good restaurants beside comida san juan , los pasajeros (Brasserie in french , not really restaurant) i guess i have one on my list to do
Can costa?

we were all-inclusive so only ventured out for 1 lunch and 1 dinner

Passion - PDB (lunch)
we arrived slightly too early for the lunch menu so had a walk and went back - staff were super nice and good with my wee one.
main reason for wanting to go was the Thai Chicken Salad for me - massive portion, all tasting delicious
my wife had the goats cheese salad and she loved it
was a bit pricey given that we had two salads, chips for my fussy wee one, coffees and soft drinks - circa €55

Pinochoes - Ibiza Town (dinner)
not a fancy or trendy place but its an ibizan tradition for us, i've been eating there since i was a young'un
wife and i had pizzas, excellent as always and the wee one was well looked after
cost was €60-70 for a couple of pizzas, kids food, two glasses of wine + coffees

was a bit pricey given that we had two salads, chips for my fussy wee one, coffees and soft drinks - circa €55

I like Passion but the prices are a bit imaginative. I think I paid around 18.50e for a (vegan) salad which, given that it's a cafe and the service isn't great, was a bit steep.

I suppose that given the lack of healthier places, especially those which have a good selection for vegans and vegetarians, they know they can charge what they like.

Speaking of vegan food, considering the rise in veganism, I hope there are more vegan-friendly restaurants this year.

I like Passion but the prices are a bit imaginative. I think I paid around 18.50e for a (vegan) salad which, given that it's a cafe and the service isn't great, was a bit steep.

I suppose that given the lack of healthier places, especially those which have a good selection for vegans and vegetarians, they know they can charge what they like.

Speaking of vegan food, considering the rise in veganism, I hope there are more vegan-friendly restaurants this year.

I’ve been waiting 6 years for that salad - was worth it

Was over 29th April - 6th May, some short reviews below. More to follow when I get more time or if I can remember where we've been!

Fusion - Figueretas
First night, arrived at the hotel (Llobet) around 8:30pm and picked Fusion after a short walk round the promenade. Ordered some tapas dishes - 5 in total plus bread and alioli, a childrens dish, soft drinks and couple of beers. Food was okay, nothing special but nothing wrong with it. Bill came to around €50. Wouldn't rush back.

Somewhere in Ibiza Town
This is, admittedly, a pretty pointless review as I can't remember the name of the restaurant. Only that it was on one of the streets in Ibiza town a wee bit back from the Port and had a frozen yogurt or smoothie place across from it. We picked it as it had some heaters out the front and it was quite chilly. Anyway, to be avoided - ordered more tapas for myself (4 dishes). Albondigas, deep fried cod, patatas bravas, garlic prawns. The first two had no real depth of flavour, the latter two were just about average. The Mrs had lasagna and the wee man something from the kids menu. Nothing really blew us away - half bottle of house red, couple of coffees, soft drink and the bill was just over €60.

Bistro All, Figueretas
We were staying in the hotel attached to this place and all previous reviews on here and other sites were all good. Was really looking forward to it and intended on having the menu of the day which was supposed to be served until 4pm each day. Went down around 3pm to be told that it wasn't available, not sure why. Didn't matter too much as there was plenty on the other menu that we could eat, was just going to put the price up by quite a bit. I opted for the slow cooked Angus ribs, the wife had black spaghetti with seafood and the boy I can't remember. The food was excellent and more than lived up to expectation. Lemon cake for dessert, again really tasty. Couple of glasses of wine, coffees, soft drinks and I think we were around the €80 mark. Will definitely be back.

Nassau Beach, PDB
Ventured in after a couple of mile walk from the hotel. Was more of a late lunch than dinner, however the food was very good. The annoying thing is, I can't remember everything that we ate - may have been the beer and wine before lunch. We definitely had Tempura prawns and chips/fries and after that I'm stuck. One thing I can remember is that we got a couple of things to share and the portion sizes were decent. Will update if I remember. Although it was a bit pricey, I would probably go back.

The Booo, Figueretas
Burger place and again very good, all home made and plenty of choice. I like a burger and the one I had on here was good. I had the Pastrami, the Bacon and they were both really tasty. Beer, soft drinks, came to approx. €40. Will go back.

Flying out Sunday to Santa Eulalia for 11 nights.

Looking for a recommendation or two. Been to both Sa Carboneria and Donde Marion y Miguel before and loved them, but always looking to try somewhere new.

Any suggestions?

El Gaucho, Cala de Bou - 04.05.18

Just to keep our run of mediocre restaurant experiences going...
All we knew is that we wanted steak for her birthday. And who is a man to deny that? Earlier options on the east side of the island were dismissed as the weather halted our plans for today. We had passed this place whilst viewing a flat the previous day. It didn't look like much from the outside, but after checking online reviews we decided this was a close, decent offering.
The PR recognised us and when he found out we were celebrating a birthday he made us very welcome.
This could have been a 4-5 star review... unfortunately - so he claims - the waiter was using a high-tech tablet to send our order to the kitchen, and it never made it. Resulted in us waiting for 40mins until another waiter queried it and they identified the issue. Felt bad for the guy, as he was scolded in full view of us and other customers. Props to his colleague for noticing there was a problem.
Our food was then obviously rushed, and when it came out the steak was far too undercooked for my gf's liking. By this point, we were ravenous and she didn't want to wait any longer. So she suffered it but only ate about half. Not the birthday we had in mind.
In fairness all the staff were very apologetic. Would have been a nice gesture to have been offered a discount off our total bill, but all we were offered was complimentary hierbas (pretty sure we would've been offered this anyway!)
Mixed emotions on this one. I think the food and service was good but for several f*** ups that ultimately ruined the experience.
I'm inclined to say we'll give them another chance. Not sure they deserve it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back