Resistance 2019

I popped to Café de Mar briefly. Seems Raxon has bought some friends and family with him!

Funny, Graham Sahara confessed he had no idea Testpilot was deadmau5. I don't think he's alone.

Was Not very impressed yesterday. Sound + Atmosphere were well below expectations. Also a lot of People who looked really lost and Not into techno.

What did you think of the music? Crowd-wise was going to be a funny one. Still in that crossover period between peak August crowds and second half of the season crowd - and you'll see in the end they felt they had to publicise the fact that Testpilot was Deadmau5 in order to generate more interest. I will agree, there was a lot of confused faces during Joel's set. I'll be honest though, I was one of them. Fair to say he lost the floor.

Can't say I noticed much sound issues, apart from the handover between Enrico Sangiuliano and Testpilot where it cut out for what seemed like 5 minutes. I'm still not entirely sure whether this was a technical fault or a bit of ego on the latter's behalf. Anyway, during that period, you could hear Vista pretty clearly from the main room. There was a bit of bleed coming from there, which I haven't noticed on past visits.

Will post my other thoughts later. I ended up having a really good night myself. But it was certainly a party of two-halves.

What did you think of the music? Crowd-wise was going to be a funny one. Still in that crossover period between peak August crowds and second half of the season crowd - and you'll see in the end they felt they had to publicise the fact that Testpilot was Deadmau5 in order to generate more interest. I will agree, there was a lot of confused faces during Joel's set. I'll be honest though, I was one of them. Fair to say he lost the floor.

Can't say I noticed much sound issues, apart from the handover between Enrico Sangiuliano and Testpilot where it cut out for what seemed like 5 minutes. I'm still not entirely sure whether this was a technical fault or a bit of ego on the latter's behalf. Anyway, during that period, you could hear Vista pretty clearly from the main room. There was a bit of bleed coming from there, which I haven't noticed on past visits.

Will post my other thoughts later. I ended up having a really good night myself. But it was certainly a party of two-halves.
My mates said Testpilot was very bad; they spent most of the evening in Vista, until Maceo came on.

My mates said Testpilot was very bad; they spent most of the evening in Vista, until Maceo came on.

Self-indulgent narcissism, I would call it. He opened well enough (after the delay!) First track was Pig & Dan's Reset the Bassline. Then next half hour or so was Drumcode like techno. Not much soul, but dance-able at least. That's when I went to see Sasha and Digweed. Then came back for the second hour and he was trying to play like Hawtin and not pulling it off.

How were they playing? Also more of a fan of Digweed on his own if I’m honest.

They played well - much better them in Vista and better still that they were allocated a long set. I didn't spend long enough in Vista really, as always seems to be the case.

Test pilot you say.. ? He/she, they worth a Google?

You know really...

deadmau5-green-lasers-mask-on.jpg

Back