Resistance 2019

white_isle_calling

I popped to Café de Mar briefly. Seems Raxon has bought some friends and family with him!

Funny, Graham Sahara confessed he had no idea Testpilot was deadmau5. I don't think he's alone.

white_isle_calling

Was Not very impressed yesterday. Sound + Atmosphere were well below expectations. Also a lot of People who looked really lost and Not into techno.
What did you think of the music? Crowd-wise was going to be a funny one. Still in that crossover period between peak August crowds and second half of the season crowd - and you'll see in the end they felt they had to publicise the fact that Testpilot was Deadmau5 in order to generate more interest. I will agree, there was a lot of confused faces during Joel's set. I'll be honest though, I was one of them. Fair to say he lost the floor.

Can't say I noticed much sound issues, apart from the handover between Enrico Sangiuliano and Testpilot where it cut out for what seemed like 5 minutes. I'm still not entirely sure whether this was a technical fault or a bit of ego on the latter's behalf. Anyway, during that period, you could hear Vista pretty clearly from the main room. There was a bit of bleed coming from there, which I haven't noticed on past visits.

Will post my other thoughts later. I ended up having a really good night myself. But it was certainly a party of two-halves.

TazLondon

What did you think of the music? Crowd-wise was going to be a funny one. Still in that crossover period between peak August crowds and second half of the season crowd - and you'll see in the end they felt they had to publicise the fact that Testpilot was Deadmau5 in order to generate more interest. I will agree, there was a lot of confused faces during Joel's set. I'll be honest though, I was one of them. Fair to say he lost the floor.

Can't say I noticed much sound issues, apart from the handover between Enrico Sangiuliano and Testpilot where it cut out for what seemed like 5 minutes. I'm still not entirely sure whether this was a technical fault or a bit of ego on the latter's behalf. Anyway, during that period, you could hear Vista pretty clearly from the main room. There was a bit of bleed coming from there, which I haven't noticed on past visits.

Will post my other thoughts later. I ended up having a really good night myself. But it was certainly a party of two-halves.
My mates said Testpilot was very bad; they spent most of the evening in Vista, until Maceo came on.

white_isle_calling

My mates said Testpilot was very bad; they spent most of the evening in Vista, until Maceo came on.
Self-indulgent narcissism, I would call it. He opened well enough (after the delay!) First track was Pig & Dan's Reset the Bassline. Then next half hour or so was Drumcode like techno. Not much soul, but dance-able at least. That's when I went to see Sasha and Digweed. Then came back for the second hour and he was trying to play like Hawtin and not pulling it off.