Resistance 2019

Ibiza has never set the bar as far as production is concerned. Sound quality, unique identity, club size and vibe yes, and of course Amnesia is as synonymous for its ice cannon as its terrace but I can't think of it ever being leading edge with anything else.

The hyper-saturated production we see now was more (imo) developed by people like Sensation/Swedish House Mafia/EDC etc etc, and more recently propelled by events like Timewarp/Mysteryland/Awakenings etc.

Like for like as in venue vs venue elsewhere you can have a debate on production for sure however...
Ibiza clubs rip out the previous nights decorations and completely change the venue on a daily every thing is very well organised. .. And you highlight the most important two things that Ibiza leads on and that is sound quality and unique identity

If I think about Vegas what with its hotel roof top venues full of swimming pools, marble urinals and Dj's shouting "Let me hear you scream"... Ocean beach doesn't match it...
But as an all around party location you go to Ibiza expecting no other place matches it

And actually consider venues like Ushuaia with their elrow events and some of the unique features the put in place in general... The huge floating tap for example....
Or DC10 in the garden with the sun setting and the odd 737 1000ft above

That's still a strong lineup...you do realize Testpilot is Deadmau5 right? He doesn't do many sets under his techo alias

true, but a) few people know it's the mau5 and b) maceo just isn‘t a big ticket seller. musically it will be an amazing night for sure

That's still a strong lineup...you do realize Testpilot is Deadmau5 right? He doesn't do many sets under his techo alias

I know it‘s deadmau5, that‘s the thing. Even as deadmau5 he is way past the point anybody cares for him, let alone as testpilot. musically he‘s always been playing disguised edm. and just listened to his ultra set as testpilot, nothing interesting there either.

true, but a) few people know it's the mau5 and b) maceo just isn‘t a big ticket seller. musically it will be an amazing night for sure

I never understood it. The guy is great, amazing producer incredible DJ. But he does not have the pull of Tale of Us. Can't understand it to be honest.

So about 8 K ravers like for the opening party? (8 K is my own evaluation at opening)

sorry but your evaluation is wrong. I don't know the exact numbers, but neither for the opening nor this week there were 8k people in there.

what difference does it make how many thousands were there? the opening was busy with a little room around the sides and the back still. week two was packed and everyone knew it was gonna be packed. this week was perfectly busy again - meaning dancefloors full, but still some room to the back etc.

sorry but your evaluation is wrong. I don't know the exact numbers, but neither for the opening nor this week there were 8k people in there.

what difference does it make how many thousands were there? the opening was busy with a little room around the sides and the back still. week two was packed and everyone knew it was gonna be packed. this week was perfectly busy again - meaning dancefloors full, but still some room to the back etc.
Just my own curiosity...

Back