Resistance 2019

True to an extent. But it doesn't explain why the Vista was full soon after the venue opened - and let's remember it opened early for Ibiza standards. Even the super popular nights don't still filling up until 1am usually. Nor does it explain why the venue was still rammed at 5am - long after Coxy's closing set had started at 03:30.
As we've mentioned a few times in other threads, there's lots of parties now where the headliner plays the middle slot in the night now. Coxy had his rooms full at either end of the night - and you get the same of his sets for 1NS at DC10.
The Garden and the Terrace are packed, even if the club room might be dead. Look at those line-ups. You take Cox away and you think that Sonja Moonear, Margaret Dygas and 1 of Apollonia had much to do with sales on that occasion?

One other factor that of course played a part in how busy Tuesday was is the time of year - it's slap bang in the peak of season a few days before R1 weekend.

But that doesn't explain the points above.
Cox plus 30 euro wristbands. Pretty obvious.

as I've often said - if the music, the sound quality and your company is good enough - who really cares about production/lights?
My mate turned round to be in Pacha during Dixon after an apparent 10 - 15 min lazer fest and said “some light show”. My response “whit lights”. :lol:

Is this a joke or serious?

Why arrive so late? Your missing out on some quality djs by missing half the night! Only turning up to see a headliner is not what it’s all about imo.

Personally I like arrive early, catch the warm up sets to get a feel for things, and watch the night build up around me.

Edit: I should add I am aware a lot of people do arrive to clubs late in Ibiza, just never really understood it myself. Your paying the best part of €40-€60 to get in and instead of hearing some quality music and making the most of it inside the venue people would prefer to be elsewhere.
No, not a joke. Day parties finish around midnight, so hard to get into clubs early (we always eat and shower before night clubbing, plus my GF always change dress). Anyway, we arrive late, but never leave before 6 AM and most of the time closing clubs...

Cuz it's Ibiza and I want the full experience! Resistance was like experiencing a movie in IMAX

I am with you there
Ibiza has always set the bar

However I have to say if you are there for the music the basics are really what matters

Amnesia stripped back for Musicon and now Pacha for Musicon.... It delivers
The sh*t that needs all the fireworks is the EDM...

It surprises me EDM still exists to be honest it is a headache that stuff I just don't get it

Hello, my gjrlfriend and I are planning on going to Resistance on 13.08.. What du you guys think about think about the line up dir that Night (Maceo Plex, Testpilot, Sasha\Digweed, Bäumel) ? Mayen this one of the less busy dates?

Hello, my gjrlfriend and I are planning on going to Resistance on 13.08.. What du you guys think about think about the line up dir that Night (Maceo Plex, Testpilot, Sasha\Digweed, Bäumel) ? Mayen this one of the less busy dates?

yes this one won‘t be packed

Do you Think the atmosphere of the Party will still be good ? I habe Never Been to Privilege, Hard to Imagine the size of it

I am with you there
Ibiza has always set the bar

However I have to say if you are there for the music the basics are really what matters

Amnesia stripped back for Musicon and now Pacha for Musicon.... It delivers
The sh*t that needs all the fireworks is the EDM...

It surprises me EDM still exists to be honest it is a headache that stuff I just don't get it

Ibiza has never set the bar as far as production is concerned. Sound quality, unique identity, club size and vibe yes, and of course Amnesia is as synonymous for its ice cannon as its terrace but I can't think of it ever being leading edge with anything else.

The hyper-saturated production we see now was more (imo) developed by people like Sensation/Swedish House Mafia/EDC etc etc, and more recently propelled by events like Timewarp/Mysteryland/Awakenings etc.

13.8. is one of two resistance dates I am on the island this summer and that day is the weakest lineup of the summer :/ I mean testpilot?! Let's see if e convinces me.

Back