Rangers!!

fair play ... i just dont understand this "connection" with old firm clubs and teams south of the border!!!
i certainly for one couldnt care less for any other team down south!!! even though i love watching the Premiership games on the box ;)

It's all bo11ocks! My mate is a four by two and he always goes on about when Aberdeen come down when they play West Ham to join forces! Yawn!

My Chelsea mate pretends to be a Rangers fan yet he is a Catholic but apparently Rangers and Chelsea are twinned and all Chelsea fans are also Rangers fans and vice versa!! Load of cobblers!

It's all bo11ocks!
Not to be too culturally insensitive, but this basically sums the whole British approach to football tribalism :!:

Is it a game, or a religion?! Is that team badge a symbol or a god? Why should religious affiliation or nationality make a difference to what team you support!? Why mix religion, politics and sports at all? It's all a bunch of stupid societal constructs!

(Then again, as someone who religiously spends his Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons in a pub watching English league matches, who am I to judge!? :lol:)

Not to be too culturally insensitive, but this basically sums the whole British approach to football tribalism :!:

Is it a game, or a religion?! Is that team badge a symbol or a god? Why should religious affiliation or nationality make a difference to what team you support!? Why mix religion, politics and sports at all? It's all a bunch of stupid societal constructs!

(Then again, as someone who religiously spends his Saturday and/or Sunday afternoons in a pub watching English league matches, who am I to judge!? :lol:)

It's more than just a game to some of us :oops::lol: ive lived my life centred around football and everything to do with it (not to say i haven't got other interests but obviously football is by far and away no 1)having said that i do think religion/politics should be kept out of football but you know as well as i do in a lot of cases it's always gonna be there (unfortunately)

;)

It's all bo11ocks! My mate is a four by two and he always goes on about when Aberdeen come down when they play West Ham to join forces! Yawn!

My Chelsea mate pretends to be a Rangers fan yet he is a Catholic but apparently Rangers and Chelsea are twinned and all Chelsea fans are also Rangers fans and vice versa!! Load of cobblers!

I've heard Aberdeen hooligans actually join forces with Spurs and not West Ham (according to someone i know who's into the casual/hooly scene)

Don't worry Morbs, I worship every weekend too and any extra prayer time I can get passed the missus!

Soccer Saturday is the holy grail with Saint Jeff Stelling!

Just done my weekend coupon out the way and also my accumulator for the season - Chelsea, Derby, Leeds and Darlington! Still tempted with an each way on Notts County who are still 28-1.

I've heard Aberdeen hooligans actually join forces with Spurs and not West Ham (according to someone i know who's into the casual/hooly scene)

Never said they joined West Ham. My mate is a four by two (jew - yid-tottenham) and he still runs around mis-behaving and goes to Aberdeen and vice versa. fcuk all to with football mind! Just want a ruck. Yes you are right though Aberdeen and Yids team up for the big games down here!

It's quite different in the States, albeit there you're talking more about American football, baseball and basketball than "soccer". People pick a team based on geography, player affinity, family connections or any other random reason and no one really questions it. That's your team? OK. Good for you. Religion and politics don't factor at all.

That said, I do remember the rare shooting incident over certain American football rivalries (Washington Redskins vs Dallas Cowboys comes to mind, being from DC)

Football (soccer) does tend to incite a more emotional response, even in someone like me raised in a different sporting culture. Funny thing, that beautiful game.

I was born 5 mins from Upton Park and was dragged along by my old man so he is to blame for my suffering over the years and serious lack of hair!!

It's quite different in the States, albeit there you're talking more about American football, baseball and basketball than "soccer". People pick a team based on geography, player affinity, family connections or any other random reason and no one really questions it. That's your team? OK. Good for you. Religion and politics don't factor at all.

That said, I do remember the rare shooting incident over certain American football rivalries (Washington Redskins vs Dallas Cowboys comes to mind, being from DC)

Football (soccer) does tend to incite a more emotional response, even in someone like me raised in a different sporting culture. Funny thing, that beautiful game.[/quote]

Yeah you're right there definitely, it's an emotional/beautiful (and sometimes cruel) game, ive actually been more upset in the past because of football than i have over women :lol: (that's a good thing in my book though);)

I was born 5 mins from Upton Park and was dragged along by my old man so he is to blame for my suffering over the years and serious lack of hair!!

U should try supporting Charlton Athletic... pure depression. I was dragged down there when I was 6/7 to rid of my early Liverpool demons.

Luckily, I was also encouraged to support Tipp in the hurling. IMHO... best sport in the world! The atmos at the Munster Final is unrivaled.

U should try supporting Charlton Athletic... pure depression. I was dragged down there when I was 6/7 to rid of my early Liverpool demons.

Luckily, I was also encouraged to support Tipp in the hurling. IMHO... best sport in the world! The atmos at the Munster Final is unrivaled.

What is the saying?? Never trust a Tipp?? ;) My old man is from there and I don't trust him for one minute!

What is the saying?? Never trust a Tipp?? ;) My old man is from there and I don't trust him for one minute!

I got there quite a lot... have a lot of relatives/mates there. U should try and catch a game at the Semple Stadium in Thurles... 55,000+ crowd for the Munster Final. Whole place is carnage!

Man City don't have a big following here mate not at all.

if they did you would not aknowledge it anyway because like all football bigots you refuse to recognise or give acreditation to any team other than your own...sorry "owns" you are like the footballing equivalent Mahmoud Ahamadinejad and all other teams are Israel!!!

if they did you would not aknowledge it anyway because like all football bigots you refuse to recognise or give acreditation to any team other than your own...sorry "owns" you are like the footballing equivalent Mahmoud Ahamadinejad and all other teams are Israel!!!

Whats the script with you mate? Everytime johnny posts something on here you try and have a go? Your an absolute weirdo, I raised a point bout me thinking that there was a big Man City following in Ireland and he said there wasn't, end of. Your a sad wee guy supporting a ****e wee team, catch a grip and get tae f*ck!!

They do have more of a presence in N. Ireland.

However I know plenty of Catholics who are City fans. It's really not a big issue.

city have a MASSIVE presence in northern Ireland,and Southern Ireland.they're also MASSIVE in Spain,Italy,France and all over Europe. I've also heard they are MASSIVE in America,South America,Africa and Asia,not to mention Manchester...they are MASSIVE there,everyone is a blue in Manchester:lol:

It's natural for Celtic fans to connect with certain teams where there is a significant Irish diaspora. Manchester and Liverpool being the obvious examples.

Rangers fans connected themselves to Chelsea as a reaction (much in the same way that you see Irish republican flute bands adopting the loyalist model). What makes me sad about Rangers fans is their sick reactionary obsession with england (no offence to the english). It's horrible.

What the Fk is it with Rangers and Celtic fans?! One half wants to be English, The other Irish.

We're Scotsmen, for fk sake.

Aberdeen have a connection with spurs,i dont know why but they do!!

Back