Rangers!!

i guess it's come from my old man always checking their scores and the strong ties between the clubs going back a few years. in all honesty i couldn't really give a monkeys, but a lot of older chelsea fans i know do give a monkeys, hence my comment of feeling like you should care.

Given a few years with the money that english teams are accustomed to I reckon the Auld firm would be doing not bad in the premiership. Not that I care too much.

It's a sad thing when youngsters from places like Dundee, Aberdeen, or Clachnabrochan are supporting Glaswegian teams that they (in most cases) have no connection to through neither culture or community. They're the teams that have always had the cash though, and the big names, and the media coverage, and therefore the attention. There was a time when a community would rally around their fitba team, or at least let it be an excuse for the men folk to gather in unity. That was a time when teams like East Fife would pull 20,000 to a game, now it's 200 - 400. What chance have teams like these got now? I know that there's many factors responsible for Scottish fitba being on its arse but the auld firm are perpetuating the problem and making the recovery impossible. They're a buisness monopoly, totally out for their own ends, with no care whatsoever for the future of the Scottish game. In parasite fashion they would suck it dry, as they have pretty much, and move on to the next host, as they are now attempting. If Scotland is to small for Rangers and Celtic I would say "Fkc off then, ye fat greedy basdarts"! When they are out then mibae we'll see things levelling out again.

Then again they might just take everybody with them

Fkc knows?

boytros - great point. also very true in england to some extent with most youngsters following one of the big 4 and not the local side.

I just thought it odd you felt you had to like Rangers. I know there is a history between the 2 clubs, but a lot of my friends are Chelsea and they've never once mentioned them.

Me and my friend were disussing this at the celtic man city game last night, and we've drawn the conclusion that teams such as (Rear)rangers, chelsea, man city, leeds, linfield are so scummy and so hated by everyone else that they're just kind of drawn together without actually liking each other, if that sense does make?!!

And with regards to the game last night, there were probably more man city fans there than most SPL teams would bring and fair play to them for singing over the celtic fans, but I'm assuming most of them had been drinking for most of the day on the way up here and were probably in high spirits at playing against one of Europes top 16 teams. :)p I wait with baited breath for the cries of indignation at this comment, but I'm only going by the official statistics from UEFAs premier competition last year). It can be kinda hard for celtic fans to get worked up about a game against an average premiership side when its pissing with rain on a wednesday night and the only reason their actually there is because it was a freeby on the season ticket. But there's no way that game reflects just how good the celtic fans are (Best in the world, UEFA and FIFA :D!!), as anyone who has been at any of the numerous european nights at parkhead, or any old firm game, will tell you.

And finally, this post is actually titled "Rangers?", so here's my comment on that...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i guess it's come from my old man always checking their scores and the strong ties between the clubs going back a few years. in all honesty i couldn't really give a monkeys, but a lot of older chelsea fans i know do give a monkeys, hence my comment of feeling like you should care.

fair play ... i just dont understand this "connection" with old firm clubs and teams south of the border!!!
i certainly for one couldnt care less for any other team down south!!! even though i love watching the Premiership games on the box ;)

Given a few years with the money that english teams are accustomed to I reckon the Auld firm would be doing not bad in the premiership. Not that I care too much.

It's a sad thing when youngsters from places like Dundee, Aberdeen, or Clachnabrochan are supporting Glaswegian teams that they (in most cases) have no connection to through neither culture or community. They're the teams that have always had the cash though, and the big names, and the media coverage, and therefore the attention. There was a time when a community would rally around their fitba team, or at least let it be an excuse for the men folk to gather in unity. That was a time when teams like East Fife would pull 20,000 to a game, now it's 200 - 400. What chance have teams like these got now? I know that there's many factors responsible for Scottish fitba being on its arse but the auld firm are perpetuating the problem and making the recovery impossible. They're a buisness monopoly, totally out for their own ends, with no care whatsoever for the future of the Scottish game. In parasite fashion they would suck it dry, as they have pretty much, and move on to the next host, as they are now attempting. If Scotland is to small for Rangers and Celtic I would say "Fkc off then, ye fat greedy basdarts"! When they are out then mibae we'll see things levelling out again.

Then again they might just take everybody with them

Fkc knows?

To be fair mate, I agree mostly with what you've said, I do get annoyed when Celtic and Rangers (not the old firm, we're two entirely different teams) sign anyone whose played a decent game against them then leave them to rot in the stands (see Riordan, Adamczuk, Ritchie, Fernandez, Naismith etc, etc.) I would love nothing more for the smaller teams to hold onto their players and make the league a bit more competitive, its drastic to watch at times.

However, these teams rely on bringing through players in order to sell them and the money from the transfers does go to keeping these clubs alive.

Why are there such close ties between Liverpool and Celtic when the former is protestant and the latter Catholic?

My parents are from Tipperary and nearly everyone there supports Celtic & Liverpool. Everton are the real Catholic team on Merseyside.

There isn't really a connection between celtic and liverpool, alot of people think there is because of the "You'll Never Walk Alone" anthem, and maybe because of the Kenny Dalglish connection. I think alot of Irish people tend to support Celtic and a premiership team, whether it be Liverpool, Manchester United or Newcastle. I think Man City have got a big Irish following too, though I may be wrong. I would say that Celtic don't really have close links with any English team, except maybe teams with ex-players etc.

There isn't really a connection between celtic and liverpool, alot of people think there is because of the "You'll Never Walk Alone" anthem, and maybe because of the Kenny Dalglish connection. I think alot of Irish people tend to support Celtic and a premiership team, whether it be Liverpool, Manchester United or Newcastle. I think Man City have got a big Irish following too, though I may be wrong. I would say that Celtic don't really have close links with any English team, except maybe teams with ex-players etc.

Man City don't have a big following here mate not at all.

Celtic have a strong connection with Man United that goes back the 1970's

there's even a book about it, haven't read it yet but plan on getting it.:)

http://www.zavvi.co.uk/books-Sport-...d-Frank-Worrall/9781845962760/ccc.r10.1/p.jsf

Last edited by a moderator:
It's natural for Celtic fans to connect with certain teams where there is a significant Irish diaspora. Manchester and Liverpool being the obvious examples.

Rangers fans connected themselves to Chelsea as a reaction (much in the same way that you see Irish republican flute bands adopting the loyalist model). What makes me sad about Rangers fans is their sick reactionary obsession with england (no offence to the english). It's horrible.

What the Fk is it with Rangers and Celtic fans?! One half wants to be English, The other Irish.

We're Scotsmen, for fk sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it.. Every time they wheel out Rod Stewart a Scot dies of laughter :lol::lol::lol::lol:

a man born in England
who wants to be Scottish
who supports a Scottish team
that wants to be Irish

some nice pics from the 60s - 80s of Auld Rod in a few Rangers strips as well, cosying up with players :lol:

Back