random celeb spotter thread

Saw David Gest (Liza Minelli's ex) in Malmaison Manchester last week

Lily Allen and Ed in Glastonbury backstage dance bar this year, and Lily Allen with entourage being denied access to backstage dance and screaming "where's my tour manager?!?!" in Glastonbury last year :lol:

Quentin Tarantino & Eli Roth on the dancefloor during Nick Warren's gig in Reykjavik last year

i know what you mean but to me it's not that big an issue. the GU collection were never billed as "Live" compilations.

If i had been to his gig in Uruguay and then bought the album, i'd have been happy to hear a representation of that gig, regardless of where it was recorded.

agree tho that it does take away the mythicism that some other albums have, such as The Bible that is Sasha GU138) 8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D

Exactly. The albums represent the sound of the GU party held in a particular location. The actual albums are done with state of the art studio equipment with a sound quality that would be impossible to achieve in a club environment. Also to be able to put a track on an album requires a lot of back ground work so the DJ in question could only play a pre-programmed set in the party which never really works...

I think there's a good balance at the moment, you have a fantastic GU party where clips are shot for the DVD and album leaflet pics are taken, and you'll also hear most of the tracks on the actual album during the night and then have the album where everything is honed to perfection (or should be anyway ;) )

Bill Murray in front of the Helsinki railway station. I swore it was him and later read in the paper that he indeed was in Helsinki that day.

Bill Murray in front of the Helsinki railway station. I swore it was him and later read in the paper that he indeed was in Helsinki that day.

Hi Peppermint! Hope you are well?

Why did you swear at him?:lol:

I saw Eastenders 'star' Ian Beale's son going into a restaurant with his parents near my home the other day.

This thread is great:lol:

I swear it was one of the pilots who was shot down in Gulf War 1.

A little birdy tells me that they weren't shot down, they'd got lost and decided to drop their payload to save fuel, but were too close to the ground and got splash damage, forcing a landing...

Most famous person ive seen would have to be George Best and his wife a few years ago at Corfu airport - how random lol. Got his autograph and everything. He looked pissed then though (which incidentally was just before his drinking relapse was revealed in the press)

i believe you jay :) sure app Liam Neeson was in my town in Newtownards, filming and James Nesbitt, and can you believe i missed it all :rolleyes:

couple of years back

golf outing with work and customers of work

come off the course
who is sitting with a pint

Russ Abbott

the more unrefined of our customers took great delight in a bit of "banter"

couple of years back

golf outing with work and customers of work

come off the course
who is sitting with a pint

Russ Abbott

the more unrefined of our customers took great delight in a bit of "banter"

What was the atmosphere like?

Hi there Buckley! I'm very well thank you 8)
I didn't swear at him despite the fact that he looked quite much like a homeless person with his carrier bag in hand :lol:

:lol: Just re-read your post. I think it's a better story the way I (mis)read it:lol:

Hi there Buckley! I'm very well thank you 8)
I didn't swear at him despite the fact that he looked quite much like a homeless person with his carrier bag in hand :lol:

the giveaway would be if he started to shout at traffic.

although with Bill Murray, that could well be the norm.

Back