+++ Radio 1 Weekend 2009 +++

for sure...
going be huge with matinee on the terrace also ;)

btw, any1 coming to the wonderland with deadmau5 and luciano? seems like a great party with 2 different genres from the best of their presenters :)
me me me!

I'm still waiting for Radio One's official announcement of thier annual Essential Selection live broadcast party on Friday afternoon (31rd of July)... I wonder if it'll be in Ibiza Rocks Hotel again?!

Radio 1 Weekend Lineups TBA this Friday!!

http://www.loveibiza.net/ibiza-blog/ibiza-radio-1-weekend-dates-confirmed

Ibiza Radio 1 Weekend 2009 Dates Confirmed

After the usual speculation around the dates of this years radio 1 weekend in Ibiza Pete Tong finally announced the confirmed date for the radio 1 weekend on his Friday show.

The Radio 1 weekend in Ibiza 2009 will take place on 31st July - 3rd August.

The lineup for the radio 1 weekend will be announced on the show next friday (3rd July). The assumption is most of the shows will go out from the Ibiza rocks hotel as they did last year.
This is probably the biggest weekend in the Ibiza party season and stacks of clubbers plan their Ibiza holidays around the dates of the Radio 1 weekend, this means the island is absolutely rammed. Flights and hotels are usually a bit more expensive around these dates as well.
---------------------------

Can't wait!!! Who else is going to be there those dates??

Prediction
-----------

Friday
--------
Vernon Kay poncing around Ibiza Rocks asking if there is anybody here from Bolton?

Pete Tong's live show from 7pm-9pm with some gimps like Dizzee Rascal/Lady Garbage doing a live performance

Annie Mac

Wonderland @ Eden Guest DJ's recorded for an Essential Mix somewhere down the line.

Saturday
-----------
Annie Mac from Ibiza Rocks/Cafe Mambo

More tomfoolery from Vernon "I'm from Bolton" Kay

Party @ Amnesia with Pete Tong, Eric Prydz, Annie Mac etc..

Sunday
---------
Live Set from Judgement Sundays

The R1 weekend line up was accidently posted on their website yesterday but has now been pulled. From what I remember i was:

Fri
R1 live @ Ibiza Rocks
- Vernon Kay
- Pete Tong with sunset gig by Florence & the Machine
- Annie Mac with dj set by Pendulum

R1 live @ Wonderland - Pete Tong & Guests
A-Z of Ibiza with Rob Da Bank

Sat
- Trevor Nelson @ Mambo
- Pete Tong, 2manydjs + more @ Amnesia

Sun
- Judge Jules

Following Sat
- More highlights from the weekend

Iv heatd that Radio Ones Main event will be at Privilege thisd Year on the Saturday. Eric Prydz for defo, plus an an amazing headliner.

Mark my words......

From 31 July - 1 August, our DJs are bringing mayhem to balearic dancefloors and the sound of summer to your speakers with a series of special shows direct from Ibiza.

To kick things off Pete Tong, Annie Mac and Vernon Kay are bringing sunshine vibes from Ibiza Rocks Hotel, featuring a special sunset set from Florence And The Machine whilst Judge Jules, Kutski and Trevor Nelson keep the party going with more sets and shows over the weekend.

Stay locked to Radio 1 on the 31 July and the 1 and 8 August.
The shows in full (UK times)

Friday 31 July

:: 1900–2100 Pete Tong and Vernon Kay come live from Ibiza Rocks Hotel Party with Florence & The Machine live acoustic sunset moment. Guest Mix from Steve Angello and Deadmau5.

:: 2100-2300 Annie Mac live from Ibiza Rocks Hotel Party with a guest mix from Pendulum

:: 2300-0100 Judge Jules and Kutski from Judgement Sundays, the previous Sunday at Eden

:: 0100-0400 Live from Wonderland at Eden - Deadmau5 and Luciano

:: 0400-0700 A-Z of Ibiza with Rob Da Bank

Saturday 1 August

:: 1900-2100 Trevor Nelson live from Café Mambo radio studios

Friday 8 August

:: 2300-0100 Judge Jules live from Café Mambo radio studio

:: 0100-0500 Extended Ibiza Essential Mix - highlights from Cream @ Privilege recorded during Radio 1’s Ibiza Weekend

The events (Ibiza times)

Sunday 26 July - Judgement Sundays
Highlights broadcast on Radio 1

Line Up includes:

:: Judge Jules
:: John O'Callaghan
:: Kutski
:: Vicky Devine
:: BombSquad Records
:: Micky Slim
:: Example & DJ Wire

For more info and full line up go the Judgement Sundays website

Friday 31 July – Ibiza Rocks Hotel Party
Broadcast live on Radio 1

Doors: 4pm

Entrance: First come first served

Line Up - Ibiza time

:: 2000–2200 Pete Tong and Vernon Kay broadcasting live and featuring the biggest guests from across the spectrum of dance music. Plus a very special Florence & The Machine acoustic sunset moment

:: 2200-0000 Annie Mac live with a guest mix from Pendulum, a performance from Mike Snow and more to be announced

For more information go to the Ibiza Rocks website

Friday 31st July - Esesntial Mix live from Wonderland @ Eden
Broadcast live on Radio 1

Line Up:

:: Pete Tong
:: Deadmau5
:: Luciano

For more info go to the Wonderland website

Saturday 1 August - Cream @ Privilege
Highlights broadcast on Radio 1

:: 2ManyDJs
:: Eric Prydz
:: Pete Tong
:: Laidback Luke
:: Judge Jules
:: Gareth Wyn
:: Zane Lowe
:: Annie Mac
:: Kissy Sell Out
:: Jaymo & Andy George
:: Heidi
:: Rachel Barton

More info at the Cream website

Last edited by a moderator:
It says Cream @ Privilege - But that's surely a typo.

EDIT: Maybe not as Pete Tong has just repeated it on air. Hmm....

Last edited by a moderator:
partys-r1.jpg

it's confirmed @ amnesia

i stand corrected :) it was amnesia on eric prydz's myspace , but i think privilage is better for the radio 1 party amnesia is the club i love most on the island but privelage has much better capacity so the party can be enjoyable instead of standing shoulder to shoulder

Back