Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Exactly so lets stop actively propagating the value of status when it's meaningless.

Life means different things to different people but I sure as hell don't want to be on my death bed relating all my successes back to how much money I've earned. Or worse chanting out some brainwashed tripe about Nationalism and how great it was to be British.

children are poss worst affected by the cuts.

Youth clubs, sure start centres, volunteer groups, sports facilities, etc, etc are being wiped out totally and that doesn't even begin with extra curricular, after school club styles things.

Obviously kids are the only group disenfranchised and pretty much unable to have their views represented, which is compounded by the fact that they are the very ones increased investment should be being made in.

The cuts in those areas are totally directly impacting on allowing people to make better lives for themselves. Laissez-faire doing what laissez-faire does, making sure those who are alright, stay alright and denying others a chance to break out of the confines of their lives.

+1

Exactly so lets stop actively propagating the value of status when it's meaningless.

Life means different things to different people but I sure as hell don't want to be on my death bed relating all my successes back to how much money I've earned. Or worse chanting out some brainwashed tripe about Nationalism and how great it was to be British.

I agree, I want to die slightly in debt :lol: I love America but it is not the end all be all. I see British slag their country but there are much worst places to live.

+1

My in-laws honestly think I am stone bonking mental when I try and explain success is not measured in monetary terms, they think I am from planet zog:lol::lol:

one of the things I hate about London is that people always ask what you do for a living - not because they have any actual interest or even because they are being polite or getting stuck into small talk, no it's purely to pigeonhole you from the start. ie Are you of use? are you a valuable addition to their network? are you worth their time? are you a somebody or a nobody? And I hate that so much. Whereas in Spain, I find when I talk to people in bars and stuff they don't judge you in anything like the same way.

Life means different things to different people but I sure as hell don't want to be on my death bed relating all my successes back to how much money I've earned.
Whoever dies with the most toys wins. FACT :!: :lol: ;)

I see money as a means to an end. Something that helps me travel comfortably, have a few things I like (not much, mind you... just a basic wardrobe, a tiny car and a few gadgets :lol:), and spend fun times with friends.

But if someone else enjoys the accumulation of wealth, as long as they have a conscience about it and give something back to the community that helped them get there, then that's their right! Everyone's got different motivations.

But if someone else enjoys the accumulation of wealth, as long as they have a conscience about it and give something back to the community that helped them get there, then that's their right! Everyone's got different motivations.

Great.

They can do all that with £250,000.

Now let's talk about the lower classes.

one of the things I hate about London is that people always ask what you do for a living.

I never tell people what I really do. They'd freak.

(please don't think the worst.)

So it's easier to glaze over, pretend I'm a career gimp like everyone else and talk about being a consultant.

People are more comfortable with that than psychobabble. :))

Great.

They can do all that with £250,000.

Now let's talk about the lower classes.
:lol:

Where do you get this number?

OK, let's play with this. Do you get inflation allowances? Does the ceiling move with the overall economy?

What happens if I make more than that? (investments, etc.) Are you just going to take it away from me?

It's an unworkable idea. If only because I'll just set up an offshore trust and move all my money there and you won't get a penny of tax dollars off of it.

Where do you get this number?

OK, let's play with this. Do you get inflation allowances? Does the ceiling move with the overall economy?

What happens if I make more than that? (investments, etc.) Are you just going to take it away from me?

It's an unworkable idea. If only because I'll just set up an offshore trust and move all my money there and you won't get a penny of tax dollars off of it.

Ten times the national average wage. No one needs more than that.

They don't.

They really don't.

Tell the person working in two sweat shops and earning pittance above the state benefit allowance that it's unworkable.

one of the things I hate about London is that people always ask what you do for a living - not because they have any actual interest or even because they are being polite or getting stuck into small talk, no it's purely to pigeonhole you from the start. ie Are you of use? are you a valuable addition to their network? are you worth their time? are you a somebody or a nobody? And I hate that so much. Whereas in Spain, I find when I talk to people in bars and stuff they don't judge you in anything like the same way.

It's little different in a commuter village in Yorkshire tbh. People are judged on the car they drive, where they holiday etc etc. The most satisfying aspect for me is that well into year two of primary school and our little boy is one of the most rounded pupils in his class. He has no games consoles, and never asks for one when it seems his friends are judged on the number of different console they posses, he skips to and from school everyday and is the happiest little boy I have ever seen:D:D The first comment his buddies make when coming to our house to play is "Wow, where did you get that tv?". It is old and the size of a refridgerator!:oops:

Ten times the national average wage. No one needs more than that.

They don't.

They really don't.

Tell the person working in two sweat shops and earning pittance above the state benefit allowance that it's unworkable.
You didn't answer my questions.

But you did lead right to my solution. Instead of focusing on taking something away from people at the top, lets focus on getting more to the people at the bottom. Try boosting the minimum wage and then lowering taxes so that people can afford the resulting higher prices for goods & services.

The amount people earn has to be capped.

No one needs to earn more than £250,000.

(I'm like a scientologist spouting this mantra aren't I? :lol:)

It's effing true though.

Unimaginable wealth is always at someone else's expense.

Natural laws would soon level this off so stupid man made ones should too.

Wage inequality is the scourge of society. I loathe it.

(I'm like a scientologist spouting this mantra aren't I? :lol:)
Just because you keep repeating it doesn't mean it will happen :lol:
It's got to be based upon more logic then "I just don't want other people to be richer than me"
There are better solutions for helping the poor, if that's your concern. If your concern is only that some people are too rich, that's just hippy talk :lol:

When on holiday in Ibiza I have been asked that by British. I could give a toss about what someone does. The person and the way they behave(in Ibiza bad behavior gets plus points) is more important. I like the Spanish mentality work so you can live not live to work!

hippy talk :lol:

I'm not budging on this. Not one little bit.

Nope, not even by way of compromise.

The richest 1% of adults in the world own 40% of the planet's wealth.

It's not just a matter of giving more to the poor - it doesn't work like that.

Wealth isn't limitless (unless you believe in virtual money and quantatitive easing)...all economies are connected and as you increase one, you decrease another.

This is not ok:

Wealth-Distribution-around-the-world.png

There are not better solutions.

You want to give people freedom to earn? So do I.

Give them the opportunity to be rich beyond their wildest dreams. Give them the opportunity to earn 10 times the national average. :eek:

Anything more than this and it's not money that's needed it's therapy...and we're all doomed.

especially them:

p19_poverty11.jpg

Funny how cutting public services is always a viable option but cutting high salaries (banking bonuses) - oh no, that's ludicrous. Sorry it's b0llocks.

Yep because money is the path to enlightenment. :rolleyes: (or a sure fire way to blind us so we won't have to face up to our sh1t).

Never in history have we enjoyed so much health, wealth and play time.

Compared with the developing world our wealth is on a scale of bonkers...yet we're not a happy nation - or at least not in proportion to what we own.

There is mounting evidence to suggest that after a particular point, rising wealth actually causes unhappiness.

It rips apart communities and creates barriers between economic backgrounds.

Definitely not what I'll ever aspire to.

there are many ways of measuring wealth. you seem holy obsessed with the material side.

;)

try growing up in a house with a wood burning stove, and ****ting in a bucket.

you dont know how good you've had it.

Yep because money is the path to enlightenment. :rolleyes: (or a sure fire way to blind us so we won't have to face up to our sh1t).

Never in history have we enjoyed so much health, wealth and play time.

Compared with the developing world our wealth is on a scale of bonkers...yet we're not a happy nation - or at least not in proportion to what we own.

There is mounting evidence to suggest that after a particular point, rising wealth actually causes unhappiness.

It rips apart communities and creates barriers between economic backgrounds.

Definitely not what I'll ever aspire to.

try this:

http://www.myprosperity.com/

and let us know your score. (mine was 61)

Back