PVD Wins DJ Mag Top 100

hell will freeze over for sure before anyone will spot IG dancing around in her arab shoes to the sound of Carl Cox at the turntables lol* ;)

Barbie said:
Eh :confused: I'm talking bout the likes of Sasha, Digweed and co, since when did they have their roots in Florida :lol:
Actually, a lot of the early Prog-house music came out of the UK but it caught on as a scene in Florida before it got big elsewhere. People like Jimmy Van M are from down that way, and Digs played a lot down there.

Ibiza-girlie said:
hell will freeze over for sure before anyone will spot IG dancing around in her arab shoes to the sound of Carl Cox at the turntables lol* ;)

You cant dance to his music thats why :lol:, only thing you can do is bang your head up against the wall to relieve yourself of the bangety bangety music :eek:

exactly! it makes no sense lol* and neither does my arab shoes so its basically the perfect mix and match lol* i do however love deep, proggie stylee! us or not, i dont care as long as its all good.
ahh i need a whitewine spritzer NOW!

Was there last night and you should have heard the cheer when Tiesto came up as number 2 :lol: Unluggy.

I was stoked to see PvD win it, he's a great DJ IMO, and he deserves the recognition after 14 years of being on top of his game. Good lad. The place went absolutely nuts when he started playing and I had a completely natural exploding moment when he played 'For an angel' :)

James Zabiela was absoluetly on fire as well - one of the best sets I've heard him play - all in all a top night!!

Mark Sun said:
The place went absolutely nuts when he started playing and I had a completely natural exploding moment when he played 'For an angel' :)

I think I might have cried at that - I get very emotional in a club when that track gets an airing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some great memories from years ago with that track... 8)

puppylover said:
Mark Sun said:
The place went absolutely nuts when he started playing and I had a completely natural exploding moment when he played 'For an angel' :)

I think I might have cried at that - I get very emotional in a club when that track gets an airing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some great memories from years ago with that track... 8)

It was pretty special because of the occasion - he look genuinely overwhelmed to have won it.. funny thing was my mate saying 'I hope he plays 'for an angel'' and had literally just finished his sentence when PVD mixed it in. The box was rammed and people were bouncing around like a box of mad frogs :twisted: :lol:

sounds like a good night......

I love it when a really really decent trance track gets played - brings back lots of warm fluffy smiley moments.....

Might have to dig some old stuff out these weekend to reminisce... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Delighted to see PvD at the top... doubt he really cares though lol. He does it for the love of music.

Christopher Lawrence is an embarassment (sorry pups). Just AWFUL!!! It is funny too because at the decks he always has this terribly smug expression, as if to say "get ready for the legend everyone." Its very Zoolander lol.

Well, more ridiculing of Americans, what a fukcing surprise!!! I clicked on this thread to get AWAY from all the F**K AMERICA bullsh*t I saw in another thread. We have no class, we know nothing about music, we're all just a bunch of brainless hicks. While I know you're all SOOO amused by cutting us down, its getting really redundant people.

99loveamerica.jpg

PachaGirl79 said:
Delighted to see PvD at the top... doubt he really cares though lol. He does it for the love of music.

Christopher Lawrence is an embarassment (sorry pups). Just AWFUL!!! It is funny too because at the decks he always has this terribly smug expression, as if to say "get ready for the legend everyone." Its very Zoolander lol.

Well, more ridiculing of Americans, what a *beep* surprise!!! I clicked on this thread to get AWAY from all the F**K AMERICA bullsh*t I saw in another thread. We have no class, we know nothing about music, we're all just a bunch of brainless hicks. While I know you're all SOOO amused by cutting us down, its getting really redundant people.

Well said.

Thank you. While it is funny sometimes (I even laugh along lol... we certainly have some characters over here, but every country does), it gets a get a little boring and aggravating when its all over the place. :confused:

Oh Dear oh dear,

Nic Fancuilli at number 80, must be a joke. I know my eyes are bad but were Masters At Work not on the list at all?

As much as i didnt think Tiesto should've been number 1 for the past few years, i still feel he's better than Paul Van Dyk, having seen both within the past year, Tiesto pisses all over PVD. But personally, Above and Beyond + Armin Van Buuren are better trance dj's than both of them.

marcxpand said:
Oh Dear oh dear,

Nic Fancuilli at number 80

What a crime. :confused: Just goes to show what BS those lists can be lol. He is spinning tonight in San Diego :p :p :p It will be my first time experiencing his wonder.

Not trying to be confrontational about this whole Americans not knowing much about dance music or the clubbing scene, but I don't think it has anything to do with American vs. Europeans. It has do do with convienent location. I did just "find" Ibiza in recent years because I am from California and don't have the same luxury of being so close to the fabulous island and its music.

I will be the first to admit that I love Paul van Dyk and it isn't because I am an American and just slow on the draw but because it simply sounds good to my particular sound preferences. I like some Tiesto stuff because it sounds pretty. Probably because I have tastes that are not centered around dance music. I don't dislike things just because it may be old and therefore out. I think that while the UK is definitely ahead of America in many things music wise especially (Led Zeppelin, anyone???) but really it isn't a big deal. We are ahead of the UK in a lot of things, and there is a free exchange of ideas.

So big deal, these awards are a popularity contest. Which awards show isn't? But I still like Pvd and it has nothing to do with being American and by default, ignorant of the who the real DJs are...

I think Miss Kittin was the only person I voted for who made it into the Top 100.

Must've been a heck of a lot of trance fans that voted this year. :lol:

At least nobody takes it seriously (and Tiesto will have to take that ego-swelling 'Number 1 DJ' tag off his print).

Back