PVD Wins DJ Mag Top 100

Morbyd said:
Wrong... I was in the club scene in the US in the late 1980s and it was thriving just fine.

It's always been a subculture there, though... not a top 40 phenomenon like the in UK. I'm not always sure that's a bad thing, though sometimes it makes it harder to find a good club night.

I'm not speaking personally about you but the general consensus among music peeps is that America is light years behind UK when it comes to clubbing, you only have to hear/see some of the Americans who've suddenly 'found' Ibiza to know they haven't got a clue and do think that the likes of Tiesto are the best thing since sliced bread.

Barbie said:
chewie_oo7 said:
well, all this re-affirms N8's statement.

Americans have no style. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Limos, trance, what next :lol:

footwear?

i hear Arabs will be rebranded as "curly-toed brogues" for the US market.

in fairness, the yanks have given us, Apple, Krispy Kreme, KFC

Barbie said:
Morbyd said:
Wrong... I was in the club scene in the US in the late 1980s and it was thriving just fine.

It's always been a subculture there, though... not a top 40 phenomenon like the in UK. I'm not always sure that's a bad thing, though sometimes it makes it harder to find a good club night.

I'm not speaking personally about you but the general consensus among music peeps is that America is light years behind UK when it comes to clubbing, you only have to hear/see some of the Americans who've suddenly 'found' Ibiza to know they haven't got a clue and do think that the likes of Tiesto are the best thing since sliced bread.
I don't know any club-going Americans who are into trance.

Not to say there aren't... and hard-house nights are in abundance.

In general, you will find higher ratings of prog-house DJs, however.

Barbie said:
And the dull prog scene died out in the UK when, I rest my case :lol: ;)
A scene we can trace the roots of to Florida, by the way.

To clarify: I meant the DJs from that scene, who are still revered in the UK and elsewhere... obviously they've mostly moved on to new and wonderful forms of monotony :lol:

Morbyd said:
In general, you will find higher ratings of prog-house DJs, however.

that's true, americans seem to be well into their prog, a lot of the dance radio stations on the internet I listen to are proggy and mainly based in america.

love proper heavy prog, when it's dark and dirty and approaching the end of the night, ooh, making me come over all funny and goosepimply :eek: :p

Morbyd said:
A scene we can trace the roots of to Florida, by the way.

To clarify: I meant the DJs from that scene, who are still revered in the UK and elsewhere... obviously they've mostly moved on to new and wonderful forms of monotony :lol:

Eh :confused: I'm talking bout the likes of Sasha, Digweed and co, since when did they have their roots in Florida :lol:

Don't take it so personally Morbyd, I've never doubted your music taste (well cept for Defected ;) ) but from my experience of Americans you're way in the minority.

Back