PVD Wins DJ Mag Top 100

Barbie said:
Stu Hirst said:
Christopher Lawrence is America's biggest trance dj.

Do Americans vote it in now :confused: No wonder the results are such a joke then :rolleyes:

For about the last 10-15 years America has been all about Rap and Hip Hop. It's everywhere and it's forced down our throats even if we don't like it. It consumes the television and the airwaves as if there is no other music available. Really sad situation here.

Aside from the really big metropolitan areas in America you can't find a DJ anywhere. I'd say 95% of Americans have never been to a club with a DJ so I don't think you can blame that poll on us Yanks. Finally, something we didn't screw up.

By the way, I would have voted for DJ Cyre to be on that list. He frequents this forum. Good German DJ!

Rickaroo said:

Aside from the really big metropolitan areas in America you can't find a DJ anywhere. I'd say 95% of Americans have never been to a club with a DJ so I don't think you can blame that poll on us Yanks. Finally, something we didn't screw up.

As Dr Mick said earlier in this thread:

From djmag.com:

"The USA provided the most votes in 2005, closely followed by the UK, and then Germany."

Rickaroo said:
Aside from the really big metropolitan areas in America you can't find a DJ anywhere. I'd say 95% of Americans have never been to a club with a DJ

Are you on crack and living in a cave?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. What an absurdly false figure lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

outside big cities 95% is an accurate number .. middle america is a joke, they're so sheltered. they get their sense of identity from television and and thats it really ...

LagunaBeachCA said:
Clara:

So, would I be correct in saying that you are a fan of Om?

Yep. I'm more into techno but there are some great artists on OM and who play that sort of music.

It's crazy that people like Carter and Sneak didn't even feature in the 100 when they influenced so many. Yet, new-comers or people who can't even mix to save their lives (step forward Felix Da Housecat) are there.

As I said, I'm sure nobody pays too much attention to it.

Just my 5 cents

What really pisses me off, is to see german Trance-Idiots Blank&Jones (Yes I am german) on the 32 :eek: The poll must have been faked!
Did anyone ever listen to a set or their weekly radioshow? I did in my early trance times. Horrible skills and only this "wave your hands in the air" trance. Disgusting to me.

Happy-Trance-No1-Moderator Dj Sammy on 92. Ok maybe some peole like him with Loona standing behind him waving records, but what the hell is going on to get him into the Top 100? He shouldn't be anywhere before 1000. Is that the american effect? I hope not.

A little bit disappointed James Zabiela didn't get under the top 10. For me he is one of the most talented Dj's if not THE most talented at the moment. Don't want to do a statement because I don't know every Dj in the world.

Enough for the moment, maybe someone has an explanation for the first statement? I'm interested in knowing whether the rank came from american votes or those retarded german trance addicts?

unfortunately, most of the people who vote in this poll don't think critically about why they like the music and the djs they do. this is the difference between people who like dance music and the people who have a discerning taste for it.

chances are, a large majority of the voters would not be able to articulate the dynamics of their appreciation for the djs they voted for, hence you get this horribly skewed poll that diminishes the recognition of the real groundbreaking djs out there while enabling a false description of what 'good' dance music is to the outside world that would take this poll somewhat seriously.

if people wonder why the mainstream isnt getting into dance music, its because the absolute worst of it is being put up on a pedastal in this poll and the turnouts at the clubs.

....and this is how....

tiestodied.jpg

I think part of the problem is that many youngsters today ;) hear a tune they like, find out who it's by and assume that they must be a good DJ, hence the mix up of producers/artists and good quality DJ's. Too many of the yoof of today can't be arsed to look any further than MixMag which doesn't help. I think (and I admit I speak from only limited experience), that with the exception of the U.S. patrons of this board, there are huge swathes of America where if the information isn't fed to them directly they are very unlikely to get of there arses and go find out about a DJ/producer/artist/genre, and that is also typical of English yoof.

*Reaches for pipe & slippers*

Back