Progession to the love of creepy Techno..

hauskitten

No longer active
I just spotted a post by someone in the Cocoon or SHM thread mentioning the electro goons now boshing it out in Cocoon and being Richie and Sven's love children (something along those lines)..

It brings me to a conversation I had with my bf last night while listening to a podcast from itunes in the car. At a certain point in the podcast some of that really scarey minimal was on and I said to my bf if I played this to your average chart loving person or say my mother for instance they would wonder what the F it was , maybe sound effects from a horror film or something. You can't really be a 14 year old one minute loving Beyonce, Girls Aloud etc and then the second you come of age you suddenly love creepy techno like the stuff of DC10.. the first time I heard minimal was in the house (my bf introduced me to it) It was quiet and I couldn't imagine it loud or dancing to it, I was like 'you only like that coz its cool, you don't really like it nobody does they just say they do but their lying to look cool' lol..the first time I heard it out clubbing I loved it and it grew and grew on me, now my favourite genre, and the reason I love it is cos it is so weird and confusing.

My point is if the former electro house crew are now going to Techno nights it is just their natural progression from starting off liking s*** music , to liking the good stuff so you should welcome them.. just as we all have little skeletons in our closet (mine was New Kids On The Block)

I can assure you Madam, you'll find no skeletons in my cupboard :!:

(apart from a few Dr Alban & Culture Beat CDs that even cashconverters sniffed at)

yeah definitely (creepy techno :lol:)

thats why i reckon its no bad thing that festival tent lineups are usually 70% gash "entry-level dance music" (hang on a sec, let me make my point before you make up your mind i'm being a chin stroking music snob!!), cause if it brings in (nutted) folks who would otherwise never be exposed to more underground music then it can only be a good thing

Yeah, disturbed dance followed by haunted house and onto creepy techno - that's how my progression went:p

I single handedly beat a whole pub of teams of 5 in a pop quiz Friday night thanks to my knowledge of Culture Beat, Beats International and Haddaway et al. :lol::lol::lol: and I won 10 pounds I haven't stopped bragging yet either 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
I single handedly beat a whole pub of teams of 5 in a pop quiz Friday night thanks to my knowledge of Culture Beat, Beats Intrenational and Haddaway et al. :lol::lol::lol: and I won 10 pounds I haven't stopped bragging yet either 8)

HAHA - it would be a close-run thing - I owned the LOT :lol: during a 'euro-phase' I went through around 92/93

talking of culture beat - they actually released a very good track right at the start, before sinking into commercial hell, which is actually a bit of a Fingers-esque classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqfad7jXkrM

HAHA - it would be a close-run thing - I owned the LOT :lol: during a 'euro-phase' I went through around 92/93

talking of culture beat - they actually released a very good track right at the start, before sinking into commercial hell, which is actually a bit of a Fingers-esque classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqfad7jXkrM

Thats shocking!! Shockingly good!! I was only about 11 then my aunties bf a day-glo wearing tall skinny white boy with dreads got me into all that lush late 80's house music .. its mad how the cooler tunes of the 80's early 90's sound so fresh! ... Prob because the 80's are being copied a lot now thou!

Lets not revive Mr Vain though eh and God Forbid the mother and father of "techno,techno,techno,techno" 2-UNLIMITED
the early 90's are best left where they are!

haha

it's like a dark taboo nobody dareth mention....

corona capella anticapella lisa b ya kid k rozalla snap featuring turbo b scatman john sydney youngblood ice mc technotronic featuring merlin :oops:

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THEM ALL :?:

haha

corona capella anticapella lisa b ya kid k rozalla snap featuring turbo b scatman john sydney youngblood ice mc technotronic featuring merlin :oops:

wtf is SCATMAN sounds :eek:
the others i remember but not that

Bring back Rebel MC i say anyway.....

scapababadooboobebedooboboobebedooboodobedumdibeedooboop I'm the scatman
scabababababeebububudubdo .. bububububdo... beeebububububdo etc :lol::lol::lol:

haha

Leila K, Betty Boo, Glo worm, Praga Khan, The Shamen (lmao MR C's skeleton in the cupboard) Altern 8 (they were good!)

you can't lump the shamen in with the rest :eek:

I saw Mr C last year play a sunday morning session at the old blue boozer in shoreditch = absolute chaos - music dark and twisted like I'd never heard before - turned up in leopard skin fur coat and fedora hat looking quite demonic. Nice fella.

you can't lump the shamen in with the rest :eek:

I saw Mr C last year play a sunday morning session at the old blue boozer in shoreditch = absolute chaos - music dark and twisted like I'd never heard before - turned up in leopard skin fur coat and fedora hat looking quite demonic. Nice fella.

I suppose its true as minging as Ebenezere Goode is, it is still from a cooler school than 'Leila K on the m-i-c come on come with me to the place to be' :lol:

Back