Progession to the love of creepy Techno..

Ricardo epitomizes creepy music, Fabric 36 it sounds like we are communicating with another life force in outer space yet so fabulous :)

I went to a warehouse shindig last friday, and, when they stopped playing minimal, everyone started having fun :)

I think its a personality thing. Minimal is a very analytical style. As people become older they get more pissed off that they ****ed they're life away and never became famous that they start to Dj minimal ...

By the way, tune into my show "Today In Minimal" with me as your host :) kiddinggg kiddinggg.

I went to a warehouse shindig last friday, and, when they stopped playing minimal, everyone started having fun :)

I think its a personality thing. Minimal is a very analytical style. As people become older they get more pissed off that they ****ed they're life away and never became famous that they start to Dj minimal ...

By the way, tune into my show "Today In Minimal" with me as your host :) kiddinggg kiddinggg.

Well my answer to that is if your not into minimal dn't go to a minimal night and if your a DJ who plays to the Cotton Eye Joe crowd don't even think about playing minimal :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eXcLraAWUk
Me and our Dom were mentioned on the 12" sleeve of this track as were the rave guys from Burnley, Accrington, Blackburn, Nelson, Colne and various other places in East Lancs at the birth of the illegal rave scene in the North (GODDAM I feel old!!). This track actually debut'd at an illegal warehouse rave in Nelson where we all got the **** beaten out of us by the police (though they reported a COMPLETELY different story on Look Northwest at the time!). For you youngsters this track is circa 1989-1990.

KLF!!! aha-aha aha-uhu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol: siiiiiiiiick! :twisted:

wat is this thread about>???? twisted teckers (minimalzzzzzzz)?? or old skool 90's commercial dance?? or ??? doods, im confused....
i used 2get my rave off to jeff mills back in the day......
bangin'..... cj bolland.......camargue....! techno CHOOOOOOOOOONAGE!

blah.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well my answer to that is if your not into minimal dn't go to a minimal night and if your a DJ who plays to the Cotton Eye Joe crowd don't even think about playing minimal :D

I have a online show that plays minimal ;)

Nah, I don't HATE it, I just think it takes an above average Dj to play it to standard thats barable. The event I went to wasn't solely Minimal thus, it had variety and with in that variety minimal DEFINATELY had its place....... (At the start when no ones bored yet)

And that cotton eye joe crowd man, they ROCK!!! :) well, they did :( half of them like minimal now ;)

Back years ago, I used to love **** like When I Rock by Thomas Schumaker. Thats the kind of stuff we try to put on at my weird techno gigs. But, I think the middle ground comes first, thus, I think its why heaps of people are currently into electro.

With out sounding like a **** (not purposely atleast), I think it all has to do with social psychology and I think years ago it would have progressed into liking weird techno but because that psychology and mentality of social groups has changed so much now day, be it for better or for worse, I think people are more inclined to hang onto a fad and so, dance music as a whole is in the spot light now but people are a bit afraid to leave the security of their sub genre neiche, but the next thing will come and I think the younger people will leave, the older ones will just be too tired to find something new and just be happy where they are and may even start trying to understand it on a deeper level.

End of the day, people flock to whats good. If one person says its good, everyone listens, even if its crap. If you want them to stay, you have to make it a genuinely good product (In this case music), because if they leave, and still enjoy the music it means it was never bad and they never really left. But if they leave and then say "I can't believe I used to listen to this and dress like that", then you never really had them to start with.

II think it all has to do with social psychology and I think years ago it would have progressed into liking weird techno but because that psychology and mentality of social groups has changed so much now day, be it for better or for worse, I think people are more inclined to hang onto a fad and so, dance music as a whole is in the spot light now but people are a bit afraid to leave the security of their sub genre neiche, but the next thing will come and I think the younger people will leave, the older ones will just be too tired to find something new and just be happy where they are and may even start trying to understand it on a deeper level.

End of the day, people flock to whats good. If one person says its good, everyone listens, even if its crap. If you want them to stay, you have to make it a genuinely good product (In this case music), because if they leave, and still enjoy the music it means it was never bad and they never really left. But if they leave and then say "I can't believe I used to listen to this and dress like that", then you never really had them to start with.

and here was me thinking i heard it liked it or disliked it

yeah, in retrospect, sorry folks about the euro-cheeze detour on this thread. I blame hauskitten for leading me astray.

and here was me thinking i heard it liked it or disliked it

Oh yeah but you know. You are like, an elite dance music wizard, capable of fighting the urges created by main stream talent ;)

I was generalising dude.

Look, I think, it's all just the same **** under a different name now days. That being said, I think if you rebel against something, when you have your revolution you have to be careful you don't make the same mistakes of the people you just revolted against. I think those mistakes have been made, and made on purpose due to a greed in the music industry that stems far beyond Techno, or EDM and includes I think anything that we listen to today exclusive of songs that are over 50 years old I think and or legally in the public domain.

I think the corruption of music via industry has led to the situation we are in today, where people aren't able to decide on their own merrit whats good or not because basically, they either don't have the whole menu made available to them, or, they're seen as ignorant because they like something that maybe isn't on the menu.

In relation to Techno and how people mature their tastes towards it today, I think alot more AREN'T maturing to it now days, because the industry, as an industry is basically keeping people in musical puberty by idolising this notion and idea via it's media that it's cool to like something new and different. Doesn't matter if it's good, if you listen to this outcast music thats nearly illegal that no one else likes, you are ontop of some ultra cool wave of intelligence. People don't mature on from that because when they realise that different isn't always better, they're afraid to keep going in the same direction because in the opposite the direction, whats there might not be DIFFERENT, but it's good, and they're old enough to recognise quality so they go back to what they know and whats good, as opposed to following the evolution of this new direction thats crap because the industry has sold it out, where as, years ago it hadn't sold out yet. As the people who had revolted against the mainstream matured, the talent in their music increased and so the quality got better and were able to get to weird Techno, now, every artist is a new disposable one with out enough time to mature and evolve and get good and increase the quality of the music. Theres no staying power.

Got to have a bit of variety. I'll listen to most forms of dance music, with the exception of trance (few exceptions). Went to my first dubstep night at the weeked and that was cracking. 8)

Oh yeah but you know. You are like, an elite dance music wizard, capable of fighting the urges created by main stream talent ;)

I was generalising dude.

Look, I think, it's all just the same **** under a different name now days. That being said, I think if you rebel against something, when you have your revolution you have to be careful you don't make the same mistakes of the people you just revolted against. I think those mistakes have been made, and made on purpose due to a greed in the music industry that stems far beyond Techno, or EDM and includes I think anything that we listen to today exclusive of songs that are over 50 years old I think and or legally in the public domain.

I think the corruption of music via industry has led to the situation we are in today, where people aren't able to decide on their own merrit whats good or not because basically, they either don't have the whole menu made available to them, or, they're seen as ignorant because they like something that maybe isn't on the menu.

In relation to Techno and how people mature their tastes towards it today, I think alot more AREN'T maturing to it now days, because the industry, as an industry is basically keeping people in musical puberty by idolising this notion and idea via it's media that it's cool to like something new and different. Doesn't matter if it's good, if you listen to this outcast music thats nearly illegal that no one else likes, you are ontop of some ultra cool wave of intelligence. People don't mature on from that because when they realise that different isn't always better, they're afraid to keep going in the same direction because in the opposite the direction, whats there might not be DIFFERENT, but it's good, and they're old enough to recognise quality so they go back to what they know and whats good, as opposed to following the evolution of this new direction thats crap because the industry has sold it out, where as, years ago it hadn't sold out yet. As the people who had revolted against the mainstream matured, the talent in their music increased and so the quality got better and were able to get to weird Techno, now, every artist is a new disposable one with out enough time to mature and evolve and get good and increase the quality of the music. Theres no staying power.

you are such a boring kunt. Do you seriously expect anyone to read ^^^ :?:

Got to have a bit of variety. I'll listen to most forms of dance music, with the exception of trance (few exceptions). Went to my first dubstep night at the weeked and that was cracking. 8)

I'm with you there,I'll give any Genre a chance, as long as its interesting I'll have a listen. Been listening to quite a lot of Nu-disco recently and am ashamed enough to say i'm getting hooked!
I'm Not much of a trance fan myself either, thats had its day. The massive popularity of "electro (house)" and "fidget" is starting to wear a bit thin now also. That boat sailed 2(?) years ago, and in south wales everyone seems to love it, it's doing my tits in! Really frustrates me when I'm playing and i'll get a comment "not dirty enough son"....**** OFF!

I'm with you there,I'll give any Genre a chance, as long as its interesting I'll have a listen. Been listening to quite a lot of Nu-disco recently and am ashamed enough to say i'm getting hooked!

FFS, what is there to be ashamed of?

the only shame is in being a sheep

I did actually see some sheep-shearing at the Lambeth Country Fayre in Brockwell Park on Sunday.

was mighty strange seeing that in the midst of all the reggae and jerk chicken

Back