Progession to the love of creepy Techno..

What should be wrong but is oh so right 'when your in my hut, you know wassup, let your mind be free, relax your body, jump jump, a little higher, jump jump until you get tired, house your bodyyy house your bodyyy' lol love it

Ebeneezer Goode

'very much maligned and misunderstood'

:lol:

leila k - jesus christ - most of the commercial stuff was sheeite imo - but at the same time, I had a lot of fun with those records - there was a sort of innocence about them, which I associate with growing up, which is why I am still fond of them - but the stuff I really feel sentimental about is the italian piano house that came through around 1990-91 - eg FPI Project - rich in paradise, last rhythm, double dee - found love, mystic - ritmo de la noche, don pablos animals - venus, manic MCs - mental

utterly timeless, smile on face tunes....

Ebeneezer Goode

'very much maligned and misunderstood'

leila k - jesus christ - most of the commercial stuff was sheeite imo - but at the same time, I had a lot of fun with those records - there was a sort of innocence about them, which I associate with growing up, which is why I am still fond of them - but the stuff I really feel sentimental about is the italian piano house that came through around 1990-91 - eg FPI Project - rich in paradise, last rhythm, double dee - found love, mystic - ritmo de la noche, don pablos animals - venus, manic MCs - mental

utterly timeless, smile on face tunes....

Mr Danny Rampling played Last Rhythm for me as the last tuuuuune of the night at a recent do of his :D:D:D:D:D x1000000

All those piano housey tunes above so remind me of the good old Tunnel Club (now T.H.A.T. and Albany Empire in Deptford.....

What should be wrong but is oh so right 'when your in my hut, you know wassup, let your mind be free, relax your body, jump jump, a little higher, jump jump until you get tired, house your bodyyy house your bodyyy' lol love it

Terry Farley/Sneak was bashing the acapella out at EV when i went earlier this year.... as i was having a bit of a "moment"
:eek:

There are some commercail (and very gay) tunes that I love from the 90's as well though!

Outrage- Tall and Handsome, love the piano breakdown on that!

always preferred the jungle brothers version originally by kraze 'the party'

Todd Terry played it at Mn2S a few years back at The End - tore the roof off

Terry Farley/Sneak was bashing the acapella out at EV when i went earlier this year.... as i was having a bit of a "moment"
:eek:

A couple of times I've been out and they play 4 seconds of Can you party (the Todd Terry one not Jungle Bros) but they never fully play it... its like they know its one of my favourite tunes and they tease me with it.. maybe I'm tripping

blatantly ripped off manix - 'feels so good' if memory serves

)

Yes but because it doesn't start off with that piano on the outrage track when it kicks in it sounds so much better! Thats probably the only really good part of that song though but thats just the reason its so great.. the sh**ness and gayness make that part special :lol:

I liked a lot of the handbag/hardbag stuff through to around 96 - which is when things changed slightly and I started moving in a different direction - I noticed a lot of commercial clubs started moving from handbag to speed garage, which I found pretty much unlistenable, and so the second half of the 90s was very different... got into serious dance bands & producers underworld, daft punk, basement jaxx, chems, leftfield... everything changed but the early 90s were all about those cheesy one hit wonder numbers

On a side note (cf dark stuff), I only heard the Villalobios mix of Shackleton's Blood On My Hands this week.

It's so damn good I actually get embarassed with myself when I like how much stuff he does :eek::oops:

Back