Professional dancers - a question:

ibizamemories

If you dance professionally for a living in the major nightclubs (as in, not strippers), are you affiliated with one club or one regular event for a whole season or do you get work from night to night wherever you are offered.

Put another way, could you work at Amnesia, Pacha and Space in a season?

And do you get work yourself or through an agency?

Thanks! x

I have a friend who worked as a dancer for Ushuaia at the Axwell^Ingrosso nights this season, but once that was over she was hired by Pacha and started doing the Martin Solveig nights there, the wage she was recieving from one night at Ushuaia she said was "more than enough to keep her going for more than a week" which surprised me, as for some reason, I always thought they weren't paid all that particularly well

I have a friend who worked as a dancer for Ushuaia at the Axwell^Ingrosso nights this season, but once that was over she was hired by Pacha and started doing the Martin Solveig nights there, the wage she was recieving from one night at Ushuaia she said was "more than enough to keep her going for more than a week" which surprised me, as for some reason, I always thought they weren't paid all that particularly well

That's interesting. I always thought it wouldn't be particularly well paid either. Saying that, they ought to be rolling in it when you think of how much money changes hands for tickets. It's good to know they get a decent slice of the pie and aren't being shafted. Thanks for sharing JakeG

That I know some work for a number of clubs at once, certainly how it was a few years ago. And as mentioned above they earn ok money. There are other events going on away from clubs that require dancers, private events/fashion shows etc

That I know some work for a number of clubs at once, certainly how it was a few years ago. And as mentioned above they earn ok money. There are other events going on away from clubs that require dancers, private events/fashion shows etc

Cheers for this. Really useful. Would those additional jobs be got through an agency, or word of mouth - or posts on noticeboards and forums such as this?

The people I know were dancers, created agency/groups of talented performers, and advertise and find performers through word of mouth/Facebook/dancing/similar circle of friends etc. They get asked to find or provide performers for events, guess they use their current group and certainly advertise on Facebook.

Can't comment if they find them on here/forums but there are often casting events at the start of summer but you're probably competing with 100's of others.

They all dance all over the place and rarely just stick to one club or event.

Mainly through reputation and word of mouth but there are a few key contacts.

Most places also do trials at the start of the season.

Back