Printworks London

Got 1 spare Solomun ticket for 20th of December if anyone looking. Would pass on paid price.

Any advice where I could sell on if no one interested?

Well what a fantastic night. Eventually got to London after 5.5hrs of being messed about on the trains due to strikes. So got a few cans and a bottle of wine from the offie to top ourselves up before a brisk run to Printworks from our digs. Got there within one minute to 5

Musically brilliant, loved Mathame/patrice baumal set to start things off and of course TOU sounds were superb. Not forgetting Recondite who played some nice rumbling baselines towards the end of his set

Crowd was international and a mix of all ages, first time visit to Printworks and have to say its a pleasant surpise & treat from the normal warehouse events I am used to. So much space where the bar is to get a drink before going into the press halls, decent toilets aswell. Best venue i've been to in the UK, good choice of food and grub aswell had some greek nosh once the event finished.

Didn't bother with village underground, not looking forward to my spends when they appear on my statements! Was a great weekend, will definatley visit again

Last edited:
Well what a fantastic night. Eventually got to London after 5.5hrs of being messed about on the trains due to strikes. So got a few cans and a bottle of wine from the offie to top ourselves up before a brisk run to Printworks from our digs. Got there within one minute to 5

Musically brilliant, loved Mathame/patrice baumal set to start things off and of course TOU sounds were superb. Not forgetting Recondite who played some nice rumbling baselines towards the end of his set

Crowd was international and a mix of all ages, first time visit to Printworks and have to say its a pleasant surpise & treat from the normal warehouse events I am used to. So much space where the bar is to get a drink before going into the press halls, decent toilets aswell. Best venue i've been to in the UK, good choice of food and grub aswell had some greek nosh once the event finished.

Didn't bother with village underground, not looking forward to my spends when they appear on my statements! Was a great weekend, will definatley visit again
Looked great from the videos I have seen too.....Love Mathame and TOU were great last time I seen them (not in Ibiza, towards the end they play the vocal prog house which starts to bore me a bit).

Looked great from the videos I have seen too.....Love Mathame and TOU were great last time I seen them (not in Ibiza, towards the end they play the vocal prog house which starts to bore me a bit).
Production was great aswell, a fair few phones in the air when the melodic intros to tracks got played but mostly it was heads down, fists up.

Production was great aswell, a fair few phones in the air when the melodic intros to tracks got played but mostly it was heads down, fists up.
Yeh I always find when melodic tracks on those videos are plastered every where and it makes u think the night or Dj played loads of melodic tracks when in fact they didn't, like TOU played at Dgtl Madrid and they played like 30 mins melodic rest techno.
. No videos anywhere of them playing techno only melodic

I'm still struggling to come down from Afterlife on Saturday! It took me a fair while to get into it (was with a big group of friends so lots of stopping and starting with bar trips/smoking breaks etc) but once I was fully committed I was totally lost in the music and the atmosphere.

It was nice to see the dark room a little more full than usual as the last twice I'd been to Printworks it was totally dead.

Tale of Us played a truly ethereal, emotional set. I know the melodic/somewhat trance-like Afterlife brand of techno isn't too well loved on here, but I find it quite moving and it really stays with you for days afterwards. A massive highlight was the Tale of Us remix of Meg Myers' cover of Running Up That Hill - serious goosebumps and a lump in my throat when it was played at the main party and the after party.

One last observation - Afterlife attracts a really nice crowd in London! A decent mix of nationalities and most people seemed to be a little older than the crowds you find at a lot of other techno events in London.

I'm still struggling to come down from Afterlife on Saturday! It took me a fair while to get into it (was with a big group of friends so lots of stopping and starting with bar trips/smoking breaks etc) but once I was fully committed I was totally lost in the music and the atmosphere.

It was nice to see the dark room a little more full than usual as the last twice I'd been to Printworks it was totally dead.

Tale of Us played a truly ethereal, emotional set. I know the melodic/somewhat trance-like Afterlife brand of techno isn't too well loved on here, but I find it quite moving and it really stays with you for days afterwards. A massive highlight was the Tale of Us remix of Meg Myers' cover of Running Up That Hill - serious goosebumps and a lump in my throat when it was played at the main party and the after party.

One last observation - Afterlife attracts a really nice crowd in London! A decent mix of nationalities and most people seemed to be a little older than the crowds you find at a lot of other techno events in London.
Just listened to a little clip of the tune you mention. Much prefer the version Solomun dropped at Space final closing, pretty sure its 'late nite tuff guy' edit. Different times suit either i suppose

Agree

This was a great moment aswell when it got played

Also, when searched did they fling your chewing gum packet straight into the bin? Done it to all my mates and me, out of order lol

Agree

Also, when searched did they fling your chewing gum packet straight into the bin? Done it to all my mates and me, out of order lol
wtf :lol:

How severe is the search?

Also Printworks looks long and narrow in terms of the main room if you know what I mean, can you only access front from the back of the room or sides as well?

Agree

i dont understand the motive behind this, happened tome before too at festivals. They think we conceal gear in there?

You can access from the side but I did see barriers at one side to stop people coming in from that side.

My wallet was all full of dust she asked me if I was in the building trade I said yes, wanna job doing? Absoloutley no emotion, then flung my gum in the bin, only had 1! Asked to see if I can get it back and she gave me the death stare

I assume it is the same as Tobacco Dock and it's because cleaning chewing gum off the floor is right pain in the arse and it is a multi use venue where they don't want the floor covering in gum
Fair enough. Should of said its on the prohibited items list then, every penny makes a pound and all that :D

Fair enough. Should of said its on the prohibited items list then, every penny makes a pound and all that :D
It’s mentioned in the emails they send you with the practical details before events. Also checked that for the next event after they took my chewing gum away on my first visit haha

It’s mentioned in the emails they send you with the practical details before events. Also checked that for the next event after they took my chewing gum away on my first visit haha
Didn't read it to be fair! Thought it would just be usual stuff banned. Know better next time!

Back