Politics Discussion (& Gossip)

What is it with Amnesia and Kraviz?! Just like Ushuaia and Kalkbrenner. Try something new for a change ffs, Kraviz is over :/ I mean she did a Bailando remix for heavens sake! Apart from her questionable politics :(

You think anyone in corporate clubland gives a shit about her allegiance to a genocidal fascist regime? As long as she packs out the clubs, it’s a taboo topic.

In what way is a dj's character irrelevant to this thread? People will be spending a lot of money at some of these gigs. They have a right to know who they're supporting, surely?

In what way is a dj's character irrelevant to this thread? People will be spending a lot of money at some of these gigs. They have a right to know who they're supporting, surely?

@cunninghamali is correct. There have been lots and lots of debates on Kraviz (with regards to Russia) and for example other DJs that are under investigation for crimes (and yet proved to be guilty). We have openly talked and debated these issues across the forum. If is up to people individually if they choose to see said DJ.

In terms of this thread, lets stick to the gossip and the positive side of things. We are a free society, so feel free to open another thread if you want to debate other things.

Yeah, looking forward to Vladimir Putin and Kim Jong un playing one of their b2b techno sets at Amnesia next week. Should go right off. As long as we are enjoying ourselves, it doesn’t matter what they do the rest of the time.

I dont agree with her views and personally wouldent go see her, but if we were to assess every act on their views and which politicans theyve had photos with etc then we'd have a lot of blacklisted acts.

Im off to see Noel Gallagher in a few weeks time, Noel famously went to Tony Blair's party (years before the Iraq war) but he has continued to give him praise. Many now consider Blair to be a war criminal, am I therefore supporting a fan of a war criminal? Or am I just watching an act who patriotically went to meet his countries leader when asked? Or am I just off to get drunk and have a singalong to Wonderwall :)

my last point on this - honest! - before i get another Why Whack

it matters cos she has massive reach and influence and when there’s systematic evidence of Russia propaganda everywhere, any high profile Russian failing to condemn Putin has to be treated with suspicion, no matter how telegenic or musical they are

yes it’s heavy for a holiday forum but i guess iit’s even heavier if your street just got incinerated…

Last edited:
my last point on this - honest! - before i get another Why Whack

it matters cos she has massive reach and influence and when there’s systematic evidence of Russia propaganda everywhere, any high profile Russian failing to condemn Putin has to be treated with suspicion, not matter how telegenic or musical they are

yes it’s heavy for a holiday forum but i guess iit’s even heavier if your street just got incinerated…

For me the choices are quite obvious 1) boycott Amnesia and hit them in the pocket, 2) go to Amnesia but head to the other room when she's on and leave her with a sparse crowd 3) go but stand and wave a Ukraine flag at her

Up to each person what they want to, and thats a better policy then trying and most likely failing to vet and blacklist acts.

Has Dixon ever condemned Hitler ? How do we know he’s not a nazi 😂

Bit like people at Wimbledon booing Belarusian tennis players it’s all a bit silly really
I don’t recall Dixon outwardly supporting Hitler, unlike Kraviz has outwardly supported Putin. The abuse she attracted upon Russia invading Ukraine was because of this and her ongoing silence. Once she had a number of gigs cancelled it became apparent that this was bad for business, so she eventually managed to cobble statement together.

Russian’s and Belorussian’s being booed isn’t really silly at all when you consider sports washing, who they represent and that the populations of both country’s choose to do next to nothing to oppose their government’s. The only way this will ever end is if the people rise up as they did in communist Eastern Europe in the 80’s.

And this is Ibizan gossip because somehow Russian djs like Kraviz are being allowed to do business there. It’s pretty piss poor considering tens of thousands of people are dead in Ukraine as a result of Putin’s actions. Business sanctions are being applied to Russia and yet it’s Putin supporting citizens can turn up in Ibiza and all over Europe and earn hundreds of thousands of euro’s playing gigs during this summer alone. Meanwhile you can go into Bossa now, buy pro Putin Z T-shirts in one shop a few hundred yards from Ushuaia, and go into another almost next door to the Pacha store where Z is displayed on the back wall while a picture of Putin is on the wall at the till. I’ve seen nothing like this anywhere in Western Europe. Somewhere the important stuff has gone awry. Now that is what I call a bit silly.

Last edited:
I don’t recall Dixon outwardly supporting Hitler, unlike Kraviz has outwardly supported Putin. The abuse she attracted upon Russia invading Ukraine was because of this and her ongoing silence. Once she had a number of gigs cancelled it became apparent that this was bad for business, so she eventually managed to cobble statement together.

Russian’s and Belorussian’s being booed isn’t really silly at all when you consider sports washing, who they represent and that the populations of both country’s choose to do next to nothing to oppose their government’s. The only way this will ever end is if the people rise up as they did in communist Eastern Europe in the 80’s.
What did Nina say and when as I’ve obviously missed something. All I recall was people demanding she comments on it. Maybe we need her to be like Juergen the German from Harry Enfield 😂

The example you gave isn’t sportswashing though is it. An individual competing in a sport cannot really change their nationality, especially when they would have started getting into that sport age 5 probably.

I don’t remember any UK DJs speaking out after we led an illegal war against Iraq, no one seems to care that as a country we sanction selling arms to the Saudis who use those weapons to indiscriminately bomb Yemen, fields full of people at festivals were chanting the name of the leader of the opposition later found to be responsible for anti-semitism in his party etc

Back