Plans for a “NEW” San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, another bad behaviour in the resort that needs clamping down.

Though the lookie lookie men have no fear, their baloons are just their own breath! :mad::lol:

"
4. Statistically It Should get Worse, Without Being Worse.
The maximum number of people in Ibiza on the peak August day in 2017 was 374k. In August 1997 it was 235k. This is an increase of 60%. In any given population is is reasonable to assume that if there are 60% more people, there would be minimally 60% more crime. Also the British tourism market continues to climb by around 5% a year in the long term."

Can anyone explain the bit about 60% more people so 60% more crime? Don't quite get it :/

Spent another night in Ibiza Town and I know Evissa and San An are like chalk and cheese for many reasons! But an obvious difference was the Police presence.

Appreciate that Ibiza Town is the capital, it is a Cruise terminal so acts as passport control, and the Multimillion Yachts are both a crime and terrorism target...so some more Police is understandable, but is there no way a small levy coulden't be charged on San An businesses to fund a few more patrol cars?

In Ibiza Town you are still offered drugs, there's still hookers and there's still lookie lookies, but its all kept in more control. They ask if you want to buy and don't want the fuss and the Police coming over if you don't. Not chasing customers down the street with no Police to be seen like in San An at 3am

Spent another night in Ibiza Town and I know Evissa and San An are like chalk and cheese for many reasons! But an obvious difference was the Police presence.

Appreciate that Ibiza Town is the capital, it is a Cruise terminal so acts as passport control, and the Multimillion Yachts are both a crime and terrorism target...so some more Police is understandable, but is there no way a small levy coulden't be charged on San An businesses to fund a few more patrol cars?

In Ibiza Town you are still offered drugs, there's still hookers and there's still lookie lookies, but its all kept in more control. They ask if you want to buy and don't want the fuss and the Police coming over if you don't. Not chasing customers down the street with no Police to be seen like in San An at 3am

they are two different districts with different governments

How much does Ibiza make at the end of the year? You'd think reading these last few pages that we'd be on about somewhere like another rough cheap and tacky destination for young folk.

Maybe Ibiza is now that place?

For the money it costs folk for people to holiday here you'd think they'd attract better standard holiday makers. And invest in the areas that need it most. I can't help but think they'd Ibiza has beens its own worst enemy. Happy to be greedy with no investment on the things that matter

San Antonio is run down, theres hassle on the beaches off the lookys, the beaches are full of fag ends in the sand, african prozzies prowling the streets after dark.

No wonder the numbers are down, people are spending elsewhere on better places without the added hassle all I've described.

I haven't been this year and can't say I miss it. Much better places where your money can go further, Ibiza has kind of lost its magic for me

How much does Ibiza make at the end of the year? You'd think reading these last few pages that we'd be on about somewhere like another rough cheap and tacky destination for young folk

For the money it costs folk for people to holiday here you'd think they'd attract better standard holiday makers. And invest in the areas that need it most

San Antonio is run down, theres hassle on the beaches off the lookys, the beaches are full of fag ends in the sand, african prozzies prowling the streets after dark.

No wonder the numbers are down, people are spending elsewhere on better places without all that lot I've described.

I haven't been this year and can't say I miss it. Much better places where your money can go further, Ibiza has kind of lost its magic for me
for chance,all ibiza is not like this...

Maybe they cant get the workers to take care of the island in winter months..always just jazzing up hotels instead of fixing pavements,filling potholes and general town maintenance..im sure I trip over the same wobble tile in fig for the last 15yrs..

After every dip in the sea In Cala Llonga i made a point of removing two bits of plastic rubbish that floated about. The other beach goers however looked at me like i was a crazy person, this common mentality of `not giving a toss` might be the source of the problem.

Maybe they cant get the workers to take care of the island in winter months..always just jazzing up hotels instead of fixing pavements,filling potholes and general town maintenance..im sure I trip over the same wobble tile in fig for the last 15yrs..

Dont forget a 30m euro extension to the promenade is about to start in San An, the first major investment using the tourism tax money. In theory this will mean the nicer hotels in San An Bay and Cala Gracio are a nicer and shorter walk in to town.

Said it before and ill say it again i'd still like to see more Police though, and surely some of the bars and restaurants would be happy to contribute a levy to fund that, as currently the street crime is driving away customers.

Dont forget a 30m euro extension to the promenade is about to start in San An, the first major investment using the tourism tax money. In theory this will mean the nicer hotels in San An Bay and Cala Gracio are a nicer and shorter walk in to town.

Said it before and ill say it again i'd still like to see more Police though, and surely some of the bars and restaurants would be happy to contribute a levy to fund that, as currently the street crime is driving away customers.
A longer prom is certainly not needed at the min

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back