Plans for a “NEW” San Antonio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back from a week in San an earlier today. Was over for Trance week so often had events at clubs or zoo etc, but, I popped down the west end briefly on a couple of the nights. It was far from dead but it was ALOT more sparse than on my previous visits. If further restrictions come in can see the death of the west end as we know it within 5-7 years. I'll always return to ibiza and, as I'm now into my thirties and a couple of my favourite bars have already gone down there, other than nostalgia it won't heavily affect my visit like it would have 5 years ago. Got to say. Prefer sitting outside places like the Buddha these days before a night out or just on the rocks further down from the San an aquarium watching the sun go down with some tunes....whats happened to me :eek::lol:

As much as I don’t think the ban is working (I think inside at midnight, but a 5am finish indoors is a fair compromise and would stop the current problem of people drinking on the beaches and side streets 3am - 5am) the current setup where supermarkets can still sell booze and some bars near the west end can still open til 5am makes no sense. They either have to be brought in line or the whole ban dropped.

Dont get the issue with Ocean Beach and Ibiza Rocks though, the music stops early and both seem well-run venues with good security in place. People may mock the music and VIP culture in both venues but I have never seen any trouble at either of them.

The AI ban seems silly too. Do that mean people other than families even go to AI in Ibiza? Most AI’s are 4*+, which I imagine wouldn’t appeal price wise to the “lager louts” they seem to have in the cross hairs.

The AI ban seems silly too. Do that mean people other than families even go to AI in Ibiza? Most AI’s are 4*+, which I imagine wouldn’t appeal price wise to the “lager louts” they seem to have in the cross hairs.

no but ask yourself why many people think ibiza town is much quieter these days. I see a clear connection there

no but ask yourself why many people think ibiza town is much quieter these days. I see a clear connection there

Yeah possibly, however will the removal of AI effectively wipe out a percentage of overall visitors to the island who are only interested in AI (some families etc) ? Or is that what the authorities want, to reduce some of the visitor numbers?

Last edited:
Purely guessing as i haven’t translated...

Getting high and jumping off balconies or something along them lines? Guessing that’s another death as well?

Getting high and jumping off balconies or something along them lines? Guessing that’s another death as well?

One self-discharged after 2 hours :spank:
The other alive, conscious and fitting fit - and very, very fortunate to be doing so. Miraculous you might say.

Having dealt with this shit myself while I was there - one surviving and one not - I sometimes try and figure out why people go so ridiculously overboard just because they're on holiday. I don't think it's a case of people having dodgy drugs, but the lack of self-control when taking them. It's really sad to hear and read about - and I feel terrible for the hotel staff that have to deal with the aftermath :(

Having dealt with this shit myself while I was there - one surviving and one not - I sometimes try and figure out why people go so ridiculously overboard just because they're on holiday. I don't think it's a case of people having dodgy drugs, but the lack of self-control when taking them. It's really sad to hear and read about - and I feel terrible for the hotel staff that have to deal with the aftermath :(

People come here to get as f**ked as they possibly can. Don’t get me wrong it’s all about a good time but not to those extremes...

Not just a case of too many drugs in one of those instances. Some other issues at play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back