PIKES

Pikes has a new system (which they know isn't working) I assume only for weekend or very busy events.
I wasn't stung by it on Friday as arrived early enough, but a group of friends were left waiting for over an hour last night to get in. I was there too so not just a tale.

Instead of going in the front as usual, you're sent around the side up into the old rockovery (where the new toilets are). At the entrance to the tennis court, you're given a ticket with a number (the kind you'd get at the meat counter in a supermarket in the UK back in the day - might still now, I don't know).

Anyway, you're then left in the top end of the tennis court waiting for your number to be called to have your QR scanned and be let in. They've built a makeshift bar there, but it realllly drops the mood, and people were referring to be as being like cattle penned in

The issue being is, because sunset terrace is now the restaurant and Freddie's not opening until 12, Plaza Mayor fills up FAST, so they put a halt on letting anyone in until the other 2 areas were open. Anyone arriving from just before 11 (which is when I got there) waited until 12:15 to be let in.

All the staff we're visibly stressed, they know it's not working. Ebony trying to speak to the crowds, Andy was there too last night and was in the tennis court for a while so seen the situation.

Toilet queues for guys and girls really bad, overall difficult to get into the fun of it when elements aren't working.

I hope they figure it out but just a little warning for anyone going soon, I'd get there early or much later. That in-between slot sucks now.

Pikes has a new system (which they know isn't working) I assume only for weekend or very busy events.
I wasn't stung by it on Friday as arrived early enough, but a group of friends were left waiting for over an hour last night to get in. I was there too so not just a tale.

Instead of going in the front as usual, you're sent around the side up into the old rockovery (where the new toilets are). At the entrance to the tennis court, you're given a ticket with a number (the kind you'd get at the meat counter in a supermarket in the UK back in the day - might still now, I don't know).

Anyway, you're then left in the top end of the tennis court waiting for your number to be called to have your QR scanned and be let in. They've built a makeshift bar there, but it realllly drops the mood, and people were referring to be as being like cattle penned in

The issue being is, because sunset terrace is now the restaurant and Freddie's not opening until 12, Plaza Mayor fills up FAST, so they put a halt on letting anyone in until the other 2 areas were open. Anyone arriving from just before 11 (which is when I got there) waited until 12:15 to be let in.

All the staff we're visibly stressed, they know it's not working. Ebony trying to speak to the crowds, Andy was there too last night and was in the tennis court for a while so seen the situation.

Toilet queues for guys and girls really bad, overall difficult to get into the fun of it when elements aren't working.

I hope they figure it out but just a little warning for anyone going soon, I'd get there early or much later. That in-between slot sucks now.
Urgh absolute vibe killer.

Bit of a killer that. Roger Sanchez on at Pacha when I’m going and €30 before 1am is tempting after reading that. 🤨
The nights I’ve signed up to were going to be my “quiet” nights anyway so I’m still going to give it a shot but go early and see how it goes. If I have to bail I bail but I’m hoping it will be ok once in 🤞

This sounds like a total shit show, haven’t been yet this year but coming in a couple of weeks and was planning to go to the Beat Hotel Sunday event but this is making me have second thoughts.

What was wrong with the previous system?

Absolutely rammed tonight.

Not sure I’m loving the new ‘entrance’ - don’t get that same feeling walking past the posh portaloo’s to get in 😂😂

That must be very new as it wasn't like that last Saturday. Hopefully it reverts back.

I wonder if the meat counter (!) ticket system is due to people jumping into the queue with their mates? Saw a lot of that the previous week, which would be annoying if you'd been stood waiting patiently for 1hr+.

Looks like arriving early is the only way to ensure a smoother time on super busy nights (or being there for a meal earlier).

Last edited:
This sounds like a total shit show, haven’t been yet this year but coming in a couple of weeks and was planning to go to the Beat Hotel Sunday event but this is making me have second thoughts.

The amount of people waiting out the front was getting ridiculous and then dangerous with cars and taxis.
I honestly don't understand why they don't open Freddie's an hour earlier. More people in = more people spending money.

That must be very new as it wasn't like that last Saturday. Hopefully it reverts back.

I wonder if the meat counter (!) ticket system is due to people jumping into the queue with their mates? Saw a lot of that the previous week, which would be annoying if you'd been stood waiting patiently for 1hr+.

Looks like arriving early is the only way to ensure a smoother time on super busy nights (or being there for a meal earlier).

Yeah its 3 days old. When I went last week for Freddie's birthday it was 'normal'.

Hopefully they'll work out the kinks soon - very soon.

Get in around 10pm-10:30pm and I reckon it'll always be ok (she says...)

That really sucks. Would just make so much more sense if they just had staff in the car park turning around any tourists who don't even know who's playing. It's not right that hardcore music fans get treated like cattle

It’s all about numbers now, place is very very busy. Spent 3 nights in there a couple of week ago hardly ventured into Freddie’s it was rammed, (granted one night was the mercury Rising opening). Still a good vibe but it’s definitely changed this year…

We have guest list for DJ Harvey closing and then the Zabiela and Engberg party the night after

I want to do the quieter night really. When I was younger and getting off my head regularly the Crowds, Queues etc didn’t bother me. But times are different now and I just can’t be doing with it 😂

Both of those Nights will be rammed. See how we feel next week and follow a few reports on here from pikes this week

Getting slightly about this rammo situation at Pikes. I was planning to go on the 7th October, but this will be one of very few events on the whole island for this day. All roads will lead to Pikes...just hope that the fact it is October will mean a bit quieter...

Don’t get me wrong it’s still ace in there, but you do notice a definite difference people wise. Just wonder if they are trying to make as much money as possible before it’s sold (wild speculation!).

Oh an don’t expect nice cocktails on a busy night - they are all pre mixed now,

I didn’t think it was rammed last Monday, seemed to be about right. Space in Freddies and space outside but not many places to sit. Much older crowd it seemed, actually felt a bit young. I’d go back next year if it stays free or cheap but wouldn’t wanna pay silly money to go. My only real gripe is what I said before, the strobe lights.

Back