PIKES

You can see why Andy had his Throwback Manumission Monday Aimed Night this Season if he knew is was going to be his Last at Pikes

Tuesday the 24th of September is up as “coming soon” any ideas what it might be?

Thinking of an Evening at Pikes before heading to Amnesia for Kevin and Perry.

Sort of feel that a Pikes sale to SH, along with UG disappearing will be a real nail in the coffin for what I’m looking for from a trip or Ibiza. Literally what is left. Akasha.

I get quite despondent too at times but then again there are always smaller things going on. I notice that a fair few bars/clubs barely get mentioned on this forum. That's where the real fun is for me, the stuff tucked away behind the headlines...

eg has anyone commented on Aluna?

I get quite despondent too at times but then again there are always smaller things going on. I notice that a fair few bars/clubs barely get mentioned on this forum. That's where the real fun is for me, the stuff tucked away behind the headlines...

eg has anyone commented on Aluna?

Aluna is on the list of new bars I plan to visit at the end of September. I noticed it a few weeks ago and wondered why it wasn't mentioned here. These new, small places with the "Ibiza spirit" should have their own topic, or is there already one?

Aluna is on the list of new bars I plan to visit at the end of September. I noticed it a few weeks ago and wondered why it wasn't mentioned here. These new, small places with the "Ibiza spirit" should have their own topic, or is there already one?

Problem is many smaller, unhyped venues tend to get mentioned in passing and then lost in longer threads. There aren't enough dedicated topics because people seem to be shyer about starting new threads than in the past. It would be useful though, if the staff or residents could produce an updated list of music bars for a sticky on this subforum, but I guess it is a lot of work?

I’ve only been to Pikes once, 2007 for Ibiza Rocks, never been for the club nights, looking at DJ Harvey on the Monday, anyone any experience of this one? If not what night is recommended? Also curious of the dress code, generally just wear shorts and t shirt to the clubs, not sportswear.

I’ve only been to Pikes once, 2007 for Ibiza Rocks, never been for the club nights, looking at DJ Harvey on the Monday, anyone any experience of this one? If not what night is recommended? Also curious of the dress code, generally just wear shorts and t shirt to the clubs, not sportswear.

I generally opt for kaftans, safari suits or speedos but there's no fixed dress code

Apologies - can someone remind me. If staying at Pikes do you still have to register for the guest list for each night you want to attend?
Thanks,

What I did : I registered one name ( mine ) 2 times for mercury rising. I send them a E mail that they can delete one registration ( events@pikesibiza.com ) . Because dont want to block a guestlist place. Hope this is enough for them.

They have send back a e mail with a barcode ( guestlist request ). Only show it at the entrance ? Have to print it ?

What to say about DJ Harvey that hasn’t been said before?

Total master class in DJ’ing last night in every sense.

Amazing crowd that was there for the music. Yes it was busy, but when everyone understands the music and is dancing, you all merge into one. And there were no trains of 20 girls trying to push to the front as is the case with a lot of gigs in Ibiza.

Not sure I stopped dancing for 4+ hours. When someone takes you through a journey like that, how can you step outside? From rock to disco, punk, and even a PWL instrumental mix that sounded good - only he can pull that off!

And what made me even more happy was that Harvey smokes Marlboro Reds - did you expect anything less? Though the girl next to me offered and lit him some weak alternative and he finished it in less than a minute!

Not sure anyone needs convincing, but you’d be crazy to miss him in September.

Last edited:
What to say about DJ Harvey that hasn’t been said before?

Total master class in DJ’ing last night in every sense.

Amazing crowd that was there for the music. Yes it was busy, but when everyone understands the music and is dancing, you all merge into one. And there were no trains of 20 girls trying to push to the front as is the case with a lot of gigs in Ibiza.

Not sure I stopped dancing for 4+ hours. When someone takes you through a journey like that, how can you step outside? From rock to disco, punk, and even a PWL instrumental mix that sounded good - only he can pull that off!

And what made me even more happy was that Harvey smokes Marlboro Reds - did you expect anything less? Though the girl next to me offered and lit him some weak alternative and he finished it in less than a minute!

Not sure anyone needs convincing, but you’d be crazy to miss him in September.

I was feeling a bit apprehensive about Pikes in recent weeks but you really restored my faith. Cannot wait for the 23rd. He’s brilliant because he’s his own man, totally gets the balearic ethos and cares about giving people a good time. And that is why he is so loved.

Back