Pikes Hotel

drew and barbie,

please feel free to do exactly as you want on ibiza. as long as you don't annoy others then that's fine with me. but i think we have a duty to our readers and members to provide a view of the island which is objective and fair.

don't you agree?

stephen said:
drew and barbie,

please feel free to do exactly as you want on ibiza. as long as you don't annoy others then that's fine with me. but i think we have a duty to our readers and members to provide a view of the island which is objective and fair.

don't you agree?

To be honest I sometimes think that your views might annoy just as many :rolleyes: :confused:

Barbie said:
stephen said:
drew and barbie,

don't you agree?

To be honest I sometimes think that your views might annoy just as many :rolleyes: :confused:

Sorry Stephen but i agree.

I didn't personally attack anyone, but how can you say our holidays are one dimensional - how can you judge me when you don't know where i've travelled?

Boy, all I'm saying is i'd love to stay at Pikes but its too far (for us :rolleyes: ) from where we like to be.

Why do ibiza residents get so wound up when people fail to mention alternative places to visit. Yeah, we know they're there and one day we'll go see them. We plan to visit Ibiza for many years to come yet.

well it just sometimes seems like your op´s come across as being the only right ones...and sometimes when (me) have other op´s we automatically get smacked in the face for having it, and for saying something else. Some people like to pop pills and dance at pacha or at Space for whatever reason and some people (me) like hanging out around the strip with other (according to some of you) "oblivious" people (boy we must be many after all huh!) and have a nice time there.

lets feel free to feel whatever we like but no on e here schould be judgemental as some people speak their mind and really give people a hard time cuz of their op ´s which isnt fair is it´s just an opinion and there is no elaborating on the subjects discussed.

I'm nor rally sure what the problem is here :confused:

As far as I can see (and please correct me if i'm wrong guys) all Drew and Barbie are saying is that if you have similar interests to them and are looking for a clubbing holiday minus the beer boys then Es Vive is an excellent option (as I would agree!). I don't think they are advocating that everyone who goes to ibiza should stay there - I'm sure we'd prefer they didn't :eek: , but they are offering advice based on their experience, which IMHO is what the board should be about

:D

Scoobie said:

As far as I can see (and please correct me if i'm wrong guys) all Drew and Barbie are saying is that if you have similar interests to them and are looking for a clubbing holiday minus the beer boys then Es Vive is an excellent option (as I would agree!). I don't think they are advocating that everyone who goes to ibiza should stay there - I'm sure we'd prefer they didn't :eek: , but they are offering advice based on their experience, which IMHO is what the board should be about

Thankyou, at last someone else talking sense.

Hey IG - please point out where i judged people staying in San An :rolleyes:

For the last time, I WOULD LOVE TO STAY AT PIKES IF IT WASN'T AS FAR FROM WHERE WE LIKE TO BE :!:

Where's the nearest wall, i need to bang my head :confused:

Ibiza-girlie said:
well it just sometimes seems like your op´s come across as being the only right ones...and sometimes when (me) have other op´s we automatically get smacked in the face for having it, and for saying something else. Some people like to pop pills and dance at pacha or at Space for whatever reason and some people (me) like hanging out around the strip with other (according to some of you) "oblivious" people (boy we must be many after all huh!) and have a nice time there.

lets feel free to feel whatever we like but no on e here schould be judgemental as some people speak their mind and really give people a hard time cuz of their op ´s which isnt fair is it´s just an opinion and there is no elaborating on the subjects discussed.

IG sorry to say this but you also come across as very opinionated on this m/board and that your way is the 'right way'.

At least we are commenting on things we have done/experienced, you will sl@g off Space/Pacha/Es Vive/Bora Bora when you have hardly spent 2 minutes there. And that in my opinion is worse cos at least we're basing our opinions on experience, whereas yours is just hearsay :rolleyes: :confused:

Scoobie said:

Thankyou, at last someone who talks sense ;)

well I have been to all the places im talking about, and I wouldnt say i didnt like a place if I hadnt been there, seriously :rolleyes:
But i think that both u and i have strong op´s towards our own (very different) views....and thats fine, cuz then you´ll learn instead of just always agreeing with people = boring threads.

Drewuk i never pointed you out in peticular, i just agreed with stephen on certain issues. I sometimes feel like soem people here like to pint the finger at a ceetain crowd and really there schould be room for everyone here

regarding Space, Robo and I actually had a talk about this long time ago and some people wrote to me I schould give it another go, so I have decided I will. I dont want to be narrwominded, but I do like to think that my point of view is valid as well! :D

Ibiza-girlie said:
well I have been to all the places im talking about, and I wouldnt say i didnt like a place if I hadnt been there, seriously :rolleyes:

When have you ever been to Es Vive :rolleyes: :confused: I don't think you have yet you're pretty quick to judge that.

well.......I was only referring to what some people, you included, had said about the place.....I never claimed I HAD been there - and honestly I dont see myself going for those rates.....why pay for a room when you are out clubbing all the time? :rolleyes:

Ibiza-girlie said:
well.......I was only referring to what some people, you included, had said about the place.....I never claimed I HAD been there - and honestly I dont see myself going for those rates.....why pay for a room when you are out clubbing all the time? :rolleyes:

I didn't do anything but sing Es Vives praises (like a lot of people on here), the only thing I said I would do differently is not pay extra for sea view next time cos it wasn't worth it, apart from that I loved everything about the place.

I don't mind paying that bit extra for a nice hotel because basically I can afford to and I would rather spend extra money to make my holiday as perfect as possible, if I had to come in from Space or wherever and be surrounded by San An beer boys it would put a bit of a dampener on my holiday experience. We work so many weeks a year so when I do go on holiday I will pay to get the best I can.

well sure, if you like that.....I can afford to, aswell. But prefer 3 holidays a year 3 dif. locations to spread the activities out so I go to Thailand this spring for a luxury week with spa, ibiza for fun and london in a few weeks time on a shopping spree.....

i justthink its about ones priorities. i never spend time on my room in ibiza, so why schould i pay for that. however i wouldnt be reluctant to book at pikes for 1 nite only

Ibiza-girlie said:
i justthink its about ones priorities. i never spend time on my room in ibiza, so why schould i pay for that. however i wouldnt be reluctant to book at pikes for 1 nite only

I'm sure you must spend a damn sight more time in your room than I do :eek: :p

It's not just the room I don't mind paying extra for, it's the other facilities, eg the pool area and 24 hour bar area is fab at Es Vive, plus knowing that other people who are staying there are pretty much like-minded which is what I found at Es Vive.

Well lets put it this way IG,

We took BBS and Kang back to Es-Vive when we met in August and they're definately going to be staying there next year.

I couldn't care a rats ass where you's stay as long as WE enjoy OUR holiday.

I'm sure San An's great for people 'on a budget' however we're not so it don't matter.

;)

Whoa hey!! I am loving all this banter!!

I can see everyone's point here and it is great that there are such differing opinions but as Drew pointed out Ben (BBS) and I did go to Es Vive with him and his girlfriend for drinks one evening after a disappointing night at Pin-Up and we stayed there all night boozing and listening to good music from the bar. It was lovely. We were staying at the Jet Apartments and I am no snob and very rarely spend time in my room when I'm on holiday but I thought Jet was the worst place I had ever stayed! Ben would disagree because he has stayed in awful places before in Ibiza but I thought they were basic and having to listen to the awful music from the bar below was too much. I was sorely disappointed with Jet and would never recommend it.

As for one dimension, again I have to stick up for Drew here because he and his girlfriend took Ben and I to some gorgeous restaurants in lovely settings and some wicked bars which we would not have found in a week!

I could go on - but that's girls for you ;)

Kang said:
As for one dimension, again I have to stick up for Drew here because he and his girlfriend took Ben and I to some gorgeous restaurants in lovely settings and some wicked bars which we would not have found in a week!

I could go on - but that's girls for you ;)

;)

And we'll be doing it all again next year :p

Hey, we should go rent a car and visit all those other places and broaden our horizons :rolleyes:

Back