Pikes Hotel

Aaron said:
Do you get a 'Pikes Card' that gets you in to the clubs for the length of your stay?

Yeah, my friend stayed there a couple of years ago, got into Space, Pacha, everywhere really for free so if you look at it from that perspective you're getting a bargain lol :p ;)

I also satyed at Es Vive for 5 nights during August and it was an excellent sport. Good atmosphere, great vibe and a good crow. Also very close to Bora Bora, Space and Ibiza Towne. Will stay there again. Pikes is nice, but its way 2 far out....best thing about Es Vive: NO KIDS, NO FAILIES....Ibiza needs a hotel like the W chain in New York, or boutique Hotels in Montreal...

cubby said:
I also satyed at Es Vive for 5 nights during August and it was an excellent sport. Good atmosphere, great vibe and a good crow. Also very close to Bora Bora, Space and Ibiza Towne. Will stay there again. Pikes is nice, but its way 2 far out....best thing about Es Vive: NO KIDS, NO FAILIES....Ibiza needs a hotel like the W chain in New York, or boutique Hotels in Montreal...

What dates were you there?

cubby said:
Pikes is nice, but its way 2 far out....best thing about Es Vive: NO KIDS, NO FAILIES....Ibiza needs a hotel like the W chain in New York, or boutique Hotels in Montreal...

1. how can anywhere be too far our on an island that is 40 by 20 miles (ish)?
2. why would anyone in their right mind open a hotel catering for clients whose season lasts about 10 weeks? one might survive, two possibly, but more.....i don't think so.

stephen said:
1. how can anywhere be too far our on an island that is 40 by 20 miles (ish)?

Cos some of us don't want to spend half our holidays waiting around for taxis/buses :rolleyes:

For that reason, we always stay near to where we go the most i.e. Space/Ibiza town/Bora Bora.

OK, i know there's a lot more to the island and hiring a car is the best way to see it, but its no good for going out at night :confused:

most of the cars on the island are now equipped with lights which enable the drivers to see where they are going.
(with apologies to all the blind motorists on the island)

1/ You have to pay for the Pikes card that get's you into the clubs for nothing (apart from Ku!) . It was about £30 for a week, so you still save big bucks.

2/ All these people that slag off San An. Have you ever stayed there? Why would you want to stay in a German Tourist resort - Playa Den Bossa? Far too many attitudes with Ibiza these days and people going with what everyone else says. There is only one place to base youself in Ibiza if you are a raver and that is San An. Like minded people, Mambo, Cafe Del Mar, Savannah, Villa Mercedes, Il Vaticano, Kasbah, Bar M, Kanya, Coastline, The Curry Club, WIPS etc etc etc etc etc. You cannot go out clubbing every night, so at least you have everything on your door step for chilling/different nights out. A taxi to Space/Pacha or El Divino is just over a tenner from Pikes. Save your attitudes for the people who dont know any better, unfortunately you cant fool me with your pretentious wank!

i'm afraid drew's holidays are a tad one dimensional for me. but for the benefit of any 'normoids' reading this...........

the whole island is covered with places to eat, go out, be entertained, do sports, outdoor activities, take in a disco, see folk shows etc etc etc and there is no place on the island which has a particular advantage as far as geographical location is concerned if a BROAD range of activities is required.

but if all you want to do is what barbie and drew do ........

then by all means go to es vive!

it's perfectly possible to have tons of fun on ibiza without spending a fortune (remember ibiza is only expensive if you want to go clubbing or arrive on the christina o) and stay in a really nice hotel at a reasonable price.

Dirk Bigler said:
2/ All these people that slag off San An. Have you ever stayed there? Why would you want to stay in a German Tourist resort - Playa Den Bossa? Far too many attitudes with Ibiza these days and people going with what everyone else says. There is only one place to base youself in Ibiza if you are a raver and that is San An. Like minded people, Mambo, Cafe Del Mar, Savannah, Villa Mercedes, Il Vaticano, Kasbah, Bar M, Kanya, Coastline, The Curry Club, WIPS etc etc etc etc etc. You cannot go out clubbing every night, so at least you have everything on your door step for chilling/different nights out. A taxi to Space/Pacha or El Divino is just over a tenner from Pikes. Save your attitudes for the people who dont know any better, unfortunately you cant fool me with your pretentious *beep*!

We've been here 100x before, I have been to Ibiza 11x of those I think 5 or 6 I stayed in San Antonio Bay so yes I feel I can comment on it :rolleyes: San Antonio has nothing for me, I'll go over there maybe once in a two week holiday to watch sunset at Kuhmaras and then get bite to eat at Kasbah, apart from that there's very little about the place that I like. I used to like Mambos etc but now I think they are an extension of the West End full of Beer Boys with bottles of San Miguel on the pull :rolleyes: Bar M's best days are long gone, now the place is just full of lads on their way to Eden/Es Paradis, nothing like it used to be before.

IMO you get much more like-minded people into their clubbing over PDB/Ibiza Town side of the island.

Mr Bigler, have you ever stayed in PDB/Ibiza Town :rolleyes: :?:

Blimey, shoot me for wanting to go to Ibiza to party :rolleyes:

Stephen totally missed my point about the car rental - i was referring to the fact that you can't drink and drive - which is pretty sensible IMO.

Well we and our friends always have an incredible 'one dimensional' holiday and where we stay is up to us.

We love Ibiza and will do more exploring when we feel like slowing down a little - if thats ok with you :rolleyes:

Geez :x

Back