Pikes 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to have missed you, @TiffyBennett1. We were sat near the entrance, under the canopy (which made it very hot!). Glad you got your table eventually although there seemed to be quite a few issues with tables not being available.

Had a fun time but agree with security being a bit OTT (although apparently the police turned up twice so appreciate they were just doing their job).

Took just one photo of Fatboy Slim and was immediately told off by security. I wasn’t aware of the issue with filming / photographing and there weren’t any signs up saying not to, as Tiffany said.

Highlight for me was Paul Johnson ‘Get Get Down’ but Fleetwood Mac ‘Everywhere’, Underworld ‘Born Slippy’, and Ultra Nate ‘Free’ all got a great reaction (so unsurprisingly, it was a party set).

FBS seemed to be enjoying himself and it almost felt at times that it was back to the good old days.

Whilst no fan of selfie-fests is there a reason why they're suddenly getting so hardcore? Was wondering if it might be a copyright thing?

Whilst no fan of selfie-fests is there a reason why they're suddenly getting so hardcore? Was wondering if it might be a copyright thing?
Nah, it was people filming people having a "sat down" boogie.

But yeah, when the police arrive, I get it. Deal with that every day haha!

Where is the best place to request a table? I’m going to flashlight in September. Probably going for around 7pm would the sunset terrace be the best place to book?

Where is the best place to request a table? I’m going to flashlight in September. Probably going for around 7pm would the sunset terrace be the best place to book?q

Definitely Sunset Terrace. I would also try to request an uncovered (without canopy) table near the DJ booth. It probably won’t be as bad in September, but the covered tables get very hot in August, so bring a fan!

Definitely Sunset Terrace. I would also try to request an uncovered (without canopy) table near the DJ booth. It probably won’t be as bad in September, but the covered tables get very hot in August, so bring a fan!
Great thanks

Does anyone know if Pikes are doing walk ins atm for evening drinks? Bookings seem to be only for 3 or more on their site.. tia

Where do they post their lineups at the moment? Fairly well booked most nights I'm there mid-Sept and the few with spots need a deposit so wouldn't mind knowing what we're signing up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back