Pikes 2018

Discussion in 'Daytime events, bars and smaller clubs 2018' started by McRackin, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Kim Wrong Un

Kim Wrong Un Active Member

2. CasaNegron

CasaNegron Active Member

So.... I am leaning towards Rock Nights. Not a rocker, but I can handle classic rock (maybe even indie/alt), as long as I have beer(s) to nurse. I really just want to go out and be able to chill and perhaps make interesting convo with a stranger. Is that the vibe?

BritnySpeers and craig72 like this.
  3. Dream Drums

Dream Drums Member

4. Herbie

Herbie Member

I went rock nights with my mate last year. We was defo the only english there very local Spanish crowd. I wouldn’t say it was classic rock It was quite heavy in parts and new to us even though we know a bit of rock. You also got the odd black keys, white stripes track but not what I imagined. We gave rock nights a go as an alternative to flower power. We try and have one night off from house/techno when we go to mix it up. We had a great night chatted to all the locals who were very welcoming tried my luck with a few of the Spanish girls with no luck and ended up getting a lift back to the hotel on the back of a scooter with a tranny I’d met while swinging from the ceiling above the bed

Steven1977, fatphilb, jimmiz and 4 others like this.
  5. CasaNegron

CasaNegron Active Member

Seems like you had a blast! Any night that ends behind a tranny....

Even better that most are local! No gettin' lucky with local Spanish girls though, as wifey would open my sack! I can enjoy 'eye candy' only :lol:!

This will probably be one only two nights out that whole month, so I just want to be sure.

6. Herbie

Herbie Member

We had a great time it was a very sociable crowd and lots of people have a good sing along to the well known tracks. I love the outside areas at pikes to chill and have a break outside. The ride home seemed normal until we pulled over for a swig of wine out a bottle that was under the seat, then crashed over a roundabout luckily no one hurt

7. TheHiredGoon

TheHiredGoon Active Member

See you there ;)

diver likes this.
  8. Herbie

Herbie Member

Good chance I will be there as well but depends on the sort of damage I do to myself at clockwork on the Friday

TheHiredGoon likes this.
  9. Kim Wrong Un

post of the week!

TheHiredGoon likes this.
  10. TheHiredGoon

TheHiredGoon Active Member

You’ll be fine. We did it last year, although Friday didn’t include a day party.

We also went back on the Sunday for the roast pre-beach party. Some of the group found eating a full on roast in the midday heat a struggle following the previous night’s partying. There was a lot of sweating and moving food around the plate occurring much the amusement of the waitress.

11. Stamina

Stamina New Member

Got itx to Pikes Sat Jul 28th. I literally fly in that night, whats a good time to arrive. I should get to my hotel at 10pm, ready to roll for the night then.

I like the over 25s policy, place should be cool, the loosest places I know are older crowds.

12. diver

diver Well-Known Member

13. RosstheBossa

RosstheBossa Member

TheHiredGoon and Kim Wrong Un like this.
  14. diver

diver Well-Known Member

MFF always a bonus;)

craig72 likes this.
  15. FallenangelGparsons

FallenangelGparsons Well-Known Member

Oct 12th saved for Melon Bomb
    Won't be forced to go to a party such Labyrinth closing :D

16. fatphilb

fatphilb Well-Known Member

Does the party go on after Sunday Brunch until the small hours and is it worth swinging by after midnight?

17. FallenangelGparsons

FallenangelGparsons Well-Known Member

Yes ! AFTER ..(in PM for more info)

18. Kim Wrong Un

yes MFF will be good!

if anyone knows what's going on Sept 1st, can you drop me a PM?

19. Clara

Clara Active Member

What kind of music can I expect from MFF?

Tempted to go next Wednesday.

20. Kim Wrong Un

grown up house music with a nod to the roots

Luke Solomon is one of the good guys