party-defining tunes (old and new)

1993 Arena, Middlesbrough. Ive always had a soft spot for X-press 2, their tunes seem to have followed me right through the years. This was one of the first 12" singles I danced to and then sought out to mix myself, this meant entering the murky hungover world of the Monday morning record shop. Luckily one mention of 'Boys Own' and the counter guy knew you meant business.

2002 Creamfields x10 tent, they mixed up a good 20 minute version of this using multiple decks and effects. The smallish marquee was set up in a perfect circle with speakers dotted all round, sending samples spinning all over the place and really messing with your head. The sound created and the set they played was one of the best I have ever heard.

2014 Wickerman Festival. Finally got to meet Rocky and Diesel and DJd before them on the Saturday night. Of course after being on site for 3 days I wasn't really in any fit state to conduct a meaningful interview, just dribbled out a "love you guys, great tunes!" and stumbled off into the night.

2015 Circoloco, DC-10. This tune always delivers -on any soundsystem- but when Steve Rachmad threw it into the main room melting pot it blended to perfection.

there was a tune years ago may be in the 90s and its also featured during the film rise of the footsoldier 4 marbella

not much to go on but when i first heart the tune i thought it was a nightcrawlers tune with how the vocals sounded but im sure its not...the lyrics aint much to go on either but its `oohh ooh oooh ooo ooh oooh yeeaaahhh`

really good clubbing tune but for the life of me cant think what it is,im hoping the oldskoolers will

Post a clip and we'll get it!

thanks for the reply
i was laughing myself when i was describing the vocals as i dont expect anyone to get that ?
how do i get a clip of it?
only way i can think of is if i put the film on again & record with a phone but i dont have any device capable of recording dont own an iphone or anything..i was hoping someone else had watched the film & remembered it :)

there was a tune years ago may be in the 90s and its also featured during the film rise of the footsoldier 4 marbella

not much to go on but when i first heart the tune i thought it was a nightcrawlers tune with how the vocals sounded but im sure its not...the lyrics aint much to go on either but its `oohh ooh oooh ooo ooh oooh yeeaaahhh`

really good clubbing tune but for the life of me cant think what it is,im hoping the oldskoolers will
You're welcome :)

You're welcome :)

WHAT A LEGEND OUTSTANDING!!! i hope my description of the tune doesnt look so silly now as its the only way i could describe it haha not sure how you found it buddy was it my description? remembering the vocals or did you watch the film
if its my description you deserve a medal ?

WHAT A LEGEND OUTSTANDING!!! i hope my description of the tune doesnt look so silly now as its the only way i could describe it haha not sure how you found it buddy was it my description? remembering the vocals or did you watch the film
if its my description you deserve a medal ?
Watched the film again last night, not bad at 3am after a stack of booze. The soundtrack makes up for the lack of acting!
I actually thought it was earlier than 1996 because it samples the Bucketheads, good tune though and still gets regular plays.

Watched the film again last night, not bad at 3am after a stack of booze. The soundtrack makes up for the lack of acting!
I actually thought it was earlier than 1996 because it samples the Bucketheads, good tune though and still gets regular plays.

also a massive fan of the chocolate puma boys tune (goodmen - give it up) another classic

love the films im a msssive fan of the murders themselves very interested in the rangerover pictures etc
even though the last couple of films were overdone i feel we get the story but they were sort of overmade for me but still a gd watch considering what rubbish is on tv these days
i actually didnt have a clue what year it was id imagine 99 as im only 33 myself so was never old enough for the dizzy heights of ibiza when it was massive
when was the last time you went? ive never been but i can take a guess of what its like now EDM everywhere imagine having hardwell & martin garrix as choice of djs for kids nowadays ? abysmal

Last edited:
also a massive fan of the chocolate puma boys tune (goodmen - give it up) another classic

love the films im a msssive fan of the murders themselves very interested in the rangerover pictures etc
even though the last couple of films were overdone i feel we get the story but they were sort of overmade for me but still a gd watch considering what rubbish is on tv these days
i actually didnt have a clue what year it was id imagine 99 as im only 33 myself so was never old enough for the dizzy heights of ibiza when it was massive
when was the last time you went? ive never been but i can take a guess of what its like now EDM everywhere imagine having hardwell & martin garrix as choice of djs for kids nowadays ? abysmal
Only started visiting Ibiza in 2010, but I've been DJing on and off since the early 90s so have probably forgotten more about House music than I can remember :) Last Ibiza trip was 2018, Joris Voorn at Ushuaia and Solomun at Pacha. I try to stay away from anything EDM, couldn't think of anything worse!

Only started visiting Ibiza in 2010, but I've been DJing on and off since the early 90s so have probably forgotten more about House music than I can remember :) Last Ibiza trip was 2018, Joris Voorn at Ushuaia and Solomun at Pacha. I try to stay away from anything EDM, couldn't think of anything worse!
i cant believe its even still a thing edm should be made illegal ? bring back the old days of early ferry corsten tiesto pvd carl cox etc etc

i did hear brandon block does a set now n again out there does he still do it?
because couple years back i mentioned on this forum that id never been to ibiza before but with all this edm about im scared nothin i like gets played so i asked if there were any special bars that did trance or old dance & this guy mentioned brandon block

found some cds then that he mixed years ago called ibiza anthems 2 mixed my alex p & brandon block amazing cds

i cant believe its even still a thing edm should be made illegal ? bring back the old days of early ferry corsten tiesto pvd carl cox etc etc

i did hear brandon block does a set now n again out there does he still do it?
because couple years back i mentioned on this forum that id never been to ibiza before but with all this edm about im scared nothin i like gets played so i asked if there were any special bars that did trance or old dance & this guy mentioned brandon block

found some cds then that he mixed years ago called ibiza anthems 2 mixed my alex p & brandon block amazing cds
I suppose the closest Ibiza night to 'traditional' House music would be the Defected events, or Glitterbox which is a bit more vocal based.
Theres a really good label called 'Let There Be House' run by Glen Horsborough that's worth checking out on Facebook, classic sounding piano and vocal house.

Back