party-defining tunes (old and new)

yes to pretty much anything by Ferrer & Sydenham from that era

see also Stockholm Go Bang, 10 Jay Street, Son of Raw...

basically Ibadan Records is just a goldmine of peak-time bangers

I've lost interest in them more recently though - Sydenham started playing dark techno that left me cold and Ferrer hmm. It all went wrong after Hey Hey perhaps... or maybe I just slowed down?
Son of Raw a fantastic record

First heard this at Back2Basics 'int day', total confusion and chaos on the dance floor! I think they may have blown a couple of speakers that night :)
Yes it was played couple of years ago at Pacha I remember people thinking it was a new track. Love to been three hearing that for first time that night

1993 Arena, Middlesbrough. Ive always had a soft spot for X-press 2, their tunes seem to have followed me right through the years. This was one of the first 12" singles I danced to and then sought out to mix myself, this meant entering the murky hungover world of the Monday morning record shop. Luckily one mention of 'Boys Own' and the counter guy knew you meant business.

2002 Creamfields x10 tent, they mixed up a good 20 minute version of this using multiple decks and effects. The smallish marquee was set up in a perfect circle with speakers dotted all round, sending samples spinning all over the place and really messing with your head. The sound created and the set they played was one of the best I have ever heard.

2014 Wickerman Festival. Finally got to meet Rocky and Diesel and DJd before them on the Saturday night. Of course after being on site for 3 days I wasn't really in any fit state to conduct a meaningful interview, just dribbled out a "love you guys, great tunes!" and stumbled off into the night.

Back