Paris Hilton Ibiza watch

Baffles me how Paris Hilton gets a residency in a club like Amnesia with all the great that are out there. Suppose that’s the world we live in

She's popular with the gays

From an irony perspective maybe! Though I will say I probably respect the way she is kind of making a mockery of the EDM scene, and proving that 95% of it is "press play".

The thing I do find funny though, is if this was Pacha or Hi hosting her there would be total and utter outrage. But because its Amnesia, we kind of let them have this totally 110% commercial thing once a week with it having no detrimental effect on their brand.

Anyway let's not start another EDM/Paris thread (which I just have) :)

Baffles me how Paris Hilton gets a residency in a club like Amnesia with all the great that are out there. Suppose that’s the world we live in

To be fair its popular and while of course she isn't DJing and it makes a mockery of DJing she has at least stuck at it. Done a solid 4/5 years now, she'll be getting referred to as a veteran of the scene soon :lol:

she should be executed with a meat cleaver (along with her fans, PRs, agents and oh-so-ironic sycophants)

and her slot should go to someone who actually loves music

I remember seeing paris hanging around cream in 2005-2007 trying to steal the attention away from paul van dyk & tiesto during breakdowns.... it was hilarious but sadly soooo many people paid attention to her instead of the DJ's

Easy to mock but its obviously successful otherwise they wouldn't put it on. Don't know why it offends people so much, there is lots of other stuff to go to just look the other way! Of course not my cup of tea at all and I wouldn't dream of ever going but there are obviously lots of other people that think differently!

Easy to mock but its obviously successful otherwise they wouldn't put it on. Don't know why it offends people so much, there is lots of other stuff to go to just look the other way! Of course not my cup of tea at all and I wouldn't dream of ever going but there are obviously lots of other people that think differently!

She has shown us the way. We can all dream now. I think most are jealous, and too scared to follow their own....

I always wanted to be a go-go freak for 'The Face of Ibiza'. My goal would be to become caricature of the god dionysus. I would need to limit myself to a diet of doughnuts and beer for 3 years to get nice and soft. I would then oil my entire naked, waxed-hairless body and lay on a plate of grapes while drinking wine during a remix of 'Enjoy the silence'. They would crowd surf the giant plate, taking pieces of cheese and grapes as it is passed along.

At the end of the song, a single tear would roll down my cheek...

I wrote to the promoters but they haven't got back to me, yet.

she should be executed with a meat cleaver (along with her fans, PRs, agents and oh-so-ironic sycophants)

and her slot should go to someone who actually loves music
Well that is abit harsh, no?

Who says she don't love music? Just because she don't like the music you like she still must enjoy it or she wouldn't want the be 'Djing' at Amensia!

I am well in your camp with not liking the music she would play/I don't even know what she plays but you cant just start saying people should be killed and that she don't love music just because its not your cuppa tea.

Id like to see her attendance figures compared to HYTE over the last couple years! Clearly there is a market otherwise Amnesia wouldn't keep doing it.

If Amneisa put another Techno/House event on in place of her on the Sunday slot I'm sure all there other events such as Cocoon would suffer then you'd have people complaining about that!

Of course I go elsewhere too but the whole booking policy is messed up in the head. I know loads of hyper talented DJs with an encyclopedic knowledge of sound/music who struggle to get gigs, earning peanuts at pubs and small bars. it's a crying injustice that there is this magnificent club with its famous history reduced to showcasing trash novelty acts when there are real DJs out there being denied the opportunity to create brilliant parties.

and then people wonder why everyone fcked off to Croatia....

and besides, I was in the mood for a pointless, well-worn rant

Ond besides, I was in the mood for a pointless, well-worn rant
I second this, work is slow this afternoon!

I completely agree with what you say but at the end of the day its supply and demand. The majority of people couldn't give a monkeys how talented the DJ is or how many unknown songs they play or even what music is playing full stop! They just want to go out with their mates and have a good night and hear the songs they hear on the radio.

Just to say I am in your boat here I wish more talented DJs got a break but if they cant pull a crowd what use are they? That's just the world we live in now.

Until that changes, which I don't think it ever will, you will also have these sorts or nights that thrive

Ibz should be pitching for the cool yanks not the trash ones. this is where it's all going wrong imo. the european festies have proven that there is still a big demand for cool house/techno, so why are the IBZ big boys no longer joining in?

Back