Paris Hilton Ibiza watch

I’m amazed that some people think having Paris Hilton play in Ibiza isn’t such a bad thing. Its embarrassing. People like her shouldn’t be anywhere near the place.

Let’s be honest the island needs quality promotions not some cheap EDM Crap. She certainly hasn’t enhanced Ibiza’s reputation or Amnesia.
The point is she pulled a crowd which in turn made people money. You cant have 7 nights a week of Techno and House in the same venue it just wouldn't work.

I agree its wrong and not what we want but there have been many good DJs who deserve a a slot and a busy dance floor at the big clubs but there nights have been complete flops and lasted a season or less in some cases. So its not just a case of give the good Djs the slots they have to be able to get people there or its all pointless

The point is she pulled a crowd which in turn made people money. You cant have 7 nights a week of Techno and House in the same venue it just wouldn't work.

I agree its wrong and not what we want but there have been many good DJs who deserve a a slot and a busy dance floor at the big clubs but there nights have been complete flops and lasted a season or less in some cases. So its not just a case of give the good Djs the slots they have to be able to get people there or its all pointless
I can’t agree. It also has a knock on affect. Other DJ's will see that her night doing ok and will think if I change my style of music to Cheese / EDM I may become more popular and make a few more £'s. This is what happened with Guetta. People so that idiot making a few £'s and becoming popular and then all of a sudden there was an explosion of rubbish music, commercial crap. I think it affected the house music scene.

The same goes for Tini Temper, Snoop Dog etc playing in Ibiza. They should take their music elsewhere. Ibiza should be about quality music and the best club nights.

I can’t agree. It also has a knock on affect. Other DJ's will see that her night doing ok and will think if I change my style of music to Cheese / EDM I may become more popular and make a few more £'s. This is what happened with Guetta. People so that idiot making a few £'s and becoming popular and then all of a sudden there was an explosion of rubbish music, commercial crap. I think it affected the house music scene.

The same goes for Tini Temper, Snoop Dog etc playing in Ibiza. They should take their music elsewhere. Ibiza should be about quality music and the best club nights.
I completely agree with you! My point is the clubs are booking her because she makes them money, that's not her fault or any of these trashy, shit commercial DJs.

Its the clubs fault for paying all the money to book them! At the end of the day if your good underground DJs could make the same money I'm sure they would be booked but that's not the case. These clubs have tried with bringing in lesser known DJs and it hasn't worked. Look at Maceo Plex for example he's hardly a small name but even he has really struggled to pull a crowd in!

So if having a few shit nights like David Guetta allow the Maceo Plex nights and such to exist then so be it. Let Guetta make Pacha money and all the shit music fans go to that and leave the good nights open for the people who actually like music.

I completely agree with you! My point is the clubs are booking her because she makes them money, that's not her fault or any of these trashy, shit commercial DJs.

Its the clubs fault for paying all the money to book them! At the end of the day if your good underground DJs could make the same money I'm sure they would be booked but that's not the case. These clubs have tried with bringing in lesser known DJs and it hasn't worked. Look at Maceo Plex for example he's hardly a small name but even he has really struggled to pull a crowd in!

So if having a few shit nights like David Guetta allow the Maceo Plex nights and such to exist then so be it. Let Guetta make Pacha money and all the shit music fans go to that and leave the good nights open for the people who actually like music.

I would have to agree here... while I would never likely go to a PH night at any club, there is certainly room for it in all of the major/minor clubs on island. I would argue that some clubs (cough... Eden) would be better off having commercial "cheese" and leave the real limburger to those who enjoy it at other venues.

Careful, as the next generation might be into live harpsichord chamber music or something equally strange while clamoring to drive the 'old house geeks' into the sea. Better to have a commercial ghetto and contain it. Variety is the spice of life.

You are right that it's the clubs faultfor booking her. I know Amnesia Is a legendary club but I think by booking people like her it doesn't do any favours. I cringe at though of her playing there.

One thing that can be said is Space would never have a night like that and that's why it will always be remembered as the greatest Ibiza club because of its music policy.

Anyway the good news is she is not playing Amnesia 2018

not been, no. it's 100% that I think she's a bandwagon jumper. so is it a night full of clued up residents ?
Nah , it’s full of the same people that go to fmif, plus she pulls in the pink pound ;)
I don’t see why anyone gets so touchy about these people being (djs)

They are putting on a show , loads of other nights to go to ,,

I hope she still dose the charity Work she has done on the island for the last few years ...
She makes a lot of kids happy

I don’t see why anyone gets so touchy about these people being (djs)
because she's a talentless fame hungry heiress who pretends to DJ for cold hard cash. we only know who is she is because of a sex tape ffs

I hope she still dose the charity Work she has done on the island for the last few years ...
She makes a lot of kids happy
just read a few facebook posts from ppl that took their kids to her charity party, and it's not a hit with everyone it seems :
"Primera y última vez que llevo a mis hijos a la fiesta de la espuma en amnesia / First and last time I take my children to the foam party in amnesia"

anyway, good riddance

because she's a talentless fame hungry heiress who pretends to DJ for cold hard cash. we only know who is she is because of a sex tape ffs

just read a few facebook posts from ppl that took their kids to her charity party, and it's not a hit with everyone it seems :
"Primera y última vez que llevo a mis hijos a la fiesta de la espuma en amnesia / First and last time I take my children to the foam party in amnesia"

anyway, good riddance

Well the other 3000 looked like they was having fun .

Anyway .

I like her ! X

Back